The Spirit was not yet

The Spirit was not yet

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 May 16

Originally posted by checkbaiter
So, if my son kills you, I am responsible? Are you a liberal?
God is in control of all creation.
You are not in control of your son.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 May 16
1 edit

The Spirit today contains all that Jesus passed through as a man.

The redemptive shedding of His blood has its effect to impart righteousness to us in the Holy Spirit. This is why when a man receives the Spirit of Christ his innermost human spirit is made divine life "because of righteousness".

Here Paul says in regeneration the righteousness enliven with the divine life the deadened human spirit.

" But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the [human] spirit is life because of righteousness." (Romans 8:10)

Now below it may seem like I am quoting Witness Lee for the sake of quoting Witness Lee. I am quoting him but not for his own sake.

I am quoting him because he expresses so well the truth of the New Testament. God finally REACHES man's inmost being by means of the Spirit that He has consummated in. The Spirit brings in not only the divine nature but the man Jesus in His humanity as well. They have been compounded and mingled in the Spirit that is now "YET".

We have pointed out that in the Bible the Spirit is the consummation of the Triune God after the process of becoming the all-inclusive, compound, life-giving Spirit. Hence, the Spirit is nothing less than the Triune God Himself. However, this is not the Triune God apart from the process through which He has passed. The Spirit is the Triune God after He has passed through the process of incarnation, human living, crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension. Having passed through this process, the Triune God is now this consummate Spirit as the blessing of the New Testament. The Spirit is the blessing of God’s economy. First the gospel concerning this blessing was preached to our father Abraham. Now, as children of Abraham, we should follow his steps to enjoy the Spirit as the unique blessing of God’s New Testament economy.

THE FUNCTION OF THE COMPOUND SPIRIT

Having seen the elements of the compound Spirit, we may now say a word regarding the function of this Spirit. The function of the compound Spirit is to anoint the dwelling place of God with its furniture and utensils (Exo. 30:26-29) and to anoint the priesthood of God (30:30). This indicates that the compound Spirit is for God’s building and for His priesthood. If we are not for God’s building and priesthood, we cannot have any share in the compound Spirit, although we may have some enjoyment of and participation in the Spirit of God, the Spirit of the Lord, and the Holy Spirit. Only those who are for the building of God and the priesthood of God can have the enjoyment of the compound, all-inclusive, processed Spirit. All the ingredients, all the rich elements, of the compound Spirit are for God’s house and God’s priesthood.

From The Life Study of Exodus Msg. # 161, by Witness Lee

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?n

Almost half of the book of Exodus talks about the building of the tabernacle. All the furniture and priestly garments were anointed by the compound anointing oil. That the building of God had all its vital contents anointed with this compound ointment has to be very significant to God's eternal purpose.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 May 16

I realize that some of this is over people's head. And I realize some will accuse me of being pompous for saying this.

But we all need to come UP. We should not always want the Bible to be dumbed down. We have to try to rise a little higher in our appreciation. We should seek to come up a little.

Some Bible readers should allow themselves to lift their appreciation up a little.
God reaches His whole corporate enterprise as a Spirit which includes Divinity and the Man Jesus with all of His living, death, resurrection, attainments and obtainments.

God prepares in His eternal Spirit all the living of our Lord And Savior Jesus like the preparing of a all-inclusive health drink that contains everything one could possibly need.

The OINTMENT is a substance for rubbing around. It is like the action of PAINTING. All the cracks are filled in with the paint. And all the cracks and crevices of our being must be painted over, anointed over with this Holy Spirit. Everything of is in this Spirit that Jesus became.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 May 16

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, a man attested by God and appointed as head of the church.
So why did Isaiah call him "Mighty God?"

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 May 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Ask me what you want to know. I've posted my belief on the godhead several times in the forum and your responded to them every time as I remember. Let's try again. I believe that truth starts with the fundamental claims that God makes about himself. These need to be well founded, repeated and unquestionable. Such as:

1) God is unchanging - sonship won ...[text shortened]... at from the sky or how many times Jesus prayed to the father. The base truth is that God is ONE.
Bump for suzianne.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 16
1 edit

In Isaiah 9:6 He is called the "Prince of Peace" because He is "the Prince of Peace".

Now why is He called "Mighty God" ? For the same reason.
He is the "Mighty God".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 16

Many people of high esteem were called god. The phrase “Mighty God” can also be better translated. Although the word “God” in the Hebrew culture had a much wider range of application than it does in ours, the average reader does not know or understand that. Readers familiar with the Semitic languages know that a man who is acting with God’s authority can be called “god.” Although English makes a clear distinction between “God” and “god,” the Hebrew language, which has only capital letters, cannot. A better translation for the English reader would be “mighty hero,” or “divine hero.”
Since you will now attempt to come back with verse after verse, let's make it easy and just go here to find most of them.

http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/verses

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 16
3 edits

Many people of high esteem were called god.

This morning I turned to the Holy Spirit within calling on the name of the Lord Jesus.
He delivered me from my sinful nature. So I believe Jesus is mighty and the Mighty God.

Is Jesus Mighty God in your experience ?

The phrase “Mighty God” can also be better translated. Although the word “God” in the Hebrew culture had a much wider range of application than it does in ours, the average reader does not know or understand that.

The day I called on the Lord Jesus and said "Take me home Jesus. I'm tired" God Almighty definitely became real to me. God was not real to me until i called on the name of the Lord Jesus.

The Spirit brought into my being God and the man Jesus with His living. Even His death and resurrection and ascension began to operate in me.

By receiving the Holy Spirit the Spirit of reality that was with the disciples came INTO the disciples.

" Even the Spirit of reality, whom the world cannot RECEIVE, because it does not behold Him or know Him;

but you know Him, because He abides with you and shall be in you.

I will not leave you as orphans; I am coming to you." (John 14:17,18)

The world cannot receive the Spirit of reality. But the believers in Jesus Christ may "Receive the Holy Spirit" (John 20:22) . Then He who was AMONG us will suddenly be the One within us.

He brings the reality of the God-man Jesus Christ into our being.
These are trustworthy words.

Calling "Oh Lord Jesus, Lord Jesus cleanse me in Your precious blood. Lord Jesus I RECEIVE You Lord." will bring the reality of Jesus into your heart. He is rich to all who call upon Him.

Notice that Paul takes the passage referring to God Himself and applies it to Christ Who is God incarnated.

Compare:

" That if you confess with our mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead. you shall be saved. (v.9) ...

For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes on Him shall not be put to shame. (v.11)

For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord is Lord of all and rich to all who call upon Him;" (v.13)

For 'whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.' "( v.14)

Verse 14 is a quote from Joel 2:32. Since it applies to God there in Joel Paul is teaching that to call on the name of the Lord Jesus is to call upon God.

"And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah shall be saved; For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem will be an escape, As Jehovah has said, Even for the remnant Whom Jehovah calls." (Joel 2:32)

To call on the Lord Jesus is to call on Jehovah God.
Jesus as God incarnate is rich to all who call upon Him.

Peter quotes the same passage in Acts 2:21. Jesus is the Mighty God Jehovah mingled with man. Since for God to mingle with man is the ultimate reality the Spirit of reality brings this mingling into the believers in Jesus as well.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 16
1 edit

Without God within human life is a vanity.
So we need the Spirit of reality. He will also comfort us as another Comforter.

The Comforter was Jesus in the flesh among the disciples.
The "another Comforter" was that same Jesus in another form as the Spirit of reality.

So the coming of the "another Comforter" Who is "the Spirit of reality" is absolutely the coming of Jesus into man.

" ... the Spirit of reality ... you know Him, because He abides with you and shall be in you.

I will not leave you as orphans; I am coming to you.

Yet a little while and the world beholds Me no longer, but you behold Me; because I live, you also shall live." (John 14:17b-19)

Without the Father within as the Divine "We" and the "another Comforter" we are really orphans no matter how much theology we may know.

Readers familiar with the Semitic languages know that a man who is acting with God’s authority can be called “god.” Although English makes a clear distinction between “God” and “god,” the Hebrew language, which has only capital letters, cannot. A better translation for the English reader would be “mighty hero,” or “divine hero.”
Since you will now attempt to come back with verse after verse, let's make it easy and just go here to find most of them.

In Isaiah 9:6 this Son given is called Eternal Father. If you have more than one Eternal Father in the Bible than you break to rules of unitarianism. You defeat your own Unitarian belief to suggest that the Son given is some OTHER Eternal Father than the one unique Divine Father Who is eternal - "Eternal Father"

Likewise, if you say the child born is some other Mighty God than the unique Mighty God Jehovah then you contradict your own Unitarian belief as far as God's uniqueness is concerned.

You are trying to reason that the child in Isaiah 9:6 is some OTHER Mighty God besides Jehovah, some OTHER Eternal Father besides the one Eternal Father.

Then you have TWO divine Fathers who are eternal in your Bible. But there is only one divine Father in the Bible who is eternal - Jehovah God.

" But now Jehovah, You are our Father; We are the clay; and You, our Potter." ( Isaiah 64:8a)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 16
1 edit

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 16

Originally posted by sonship
Many people of high esteem were called god.

This morning I turned to the Holy Spirit within calling on the name of the Lord Jesus.
He delivered me from my sinful nature. So I believe Jesus is mighty and the Mighty God.

Is Jesus Mighty God in your experience ?

[quote]
The phrase “Mighty God” can also be better translated. Althou ...[text shortened]... ultimate reality the Spirit of reality brings this mingling into the believers in Jesus as well.
Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Yes, He is also mighty god to me too. But he is not His Father anymore than I am my Father.
Jesus is my all in all.
Jesus is my big brother.
Jesus is my comforter, my captain, my hero, my best friend, and many more things.

It is God who appointed Jesus as Lord and head of the church. It is God who works in Christ who works in me.
But Jesus is subject to God just as I am subject to both of them. There is no confusion, there is no god-man, trinity nor incarnation.
Jesus has a God just like I do. Jesus had a beginning, just like I did. Otherwise he would not have been made like his brothers in all points, like the bible says.
I pray for the day that Trinitarians will see this as clearly as I do, and they will at the gathering together.

Jesus is glorified even more so, when we see he was a man and not God. He felt every scourging, whipping, humiliation, his crucifixion, temptation, desire, and everything else we go through. If he was a god-man, none of this holds water.
God in Christ in me fills every cell in my body through his gift of holy spirit.
Praise God!
My internet will be disconnected within the hour, will be back in a few days, unless I check back with my phone, but I doubt it. Will be very busy next few days moving.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 16

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Yes, He is also mighty god to me too. But he is not His Father anymore than I am my Father.
Jesus is my all in all.
Jesus is my big brother.
Jesus is my comforter, my captain, my hero, my best friend, and many more things.

It is God who appointed Jesus as Lord and head of the church. It is God who works in Christ who wo ...[text shortened]... days, unless I check back with my phone, but I doubt it. Will be very busy next few days moving.

Revelation 11:15 says "of the Lord and His Christ"

"The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of the Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever."

If the Bible speaks of as Lord and also speaks of "the Lord and ... His Christ" do you have TWO Lords ?

If Jesus is the Savior and the New testament speaks of "our Savior God" do you have TWO Saviors?

"But when the kindness and the love to man of our Savior God appeared..." (Titus 3:4)

My God is the man Jesus.
And My Savior is the man Jesus.
In fact Jesus is the Savior God.

So we have "our Savior God".
And we have "the Lord and of His Christ"

So the Triune God is a reality.

We have also Jesus as Lord and Savior as well as God as Lord and Savior.

" For in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be richly and bountifully supplied to you." ( 2 Pet. 1:11)

I must suspend for the moment also.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 May 16

Originally posted by sonship
In [b]Isaiah 9:6 He is called the "Prince of Peace" because He is "the Prince of Peace".

Now why is He called "Mighty God" ? For the same reason.
He is the "Mighty God".[/b]
I was asking checkbaiter

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 May 16

Many people of high esteem were called god. The phrase “Mighty God” can also be better translated. Although the word “God” in the Hebrew culture had a much wider range of application than it does in ours, the average reader does not know or understand that. Readers familiar with the Semitic languages know that a man who is acting with God’s authority ca ...[text shortened]... make it easy and just go here to find most of them.

http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/verses
So Isaiah is mistranslated?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 May 16

Checkbaiter, what is the name of your saviour?