The Triune God in Revelation 4&5

The Triune God in Revelation 4&5

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
06 Sep 16
4 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Oh dear. robbie carrobie's played the "religious" bigotry card. 😲
The religious prejudice is rampant. One need only read the first 'scholar' cited to realise that. What a shoddy article and what an underhanded tactic. Do you have any peer reviewed, unbiased scholarly articles to consider?

F

Moves
06 Sep 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Oh dear FMF caught loading the deck with biased citations, ouch, that gotta hurt!😡
Here's another "loaded deck" for you, robbie. πŸ˜›

http://biblehub.com/john/1-1.htm ...yet another site dripping with religious prejudice? πŸ˜‰

rc

Moves
06 Sep 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Here's another "loaded deck" for you, robbie. πŸ˜›

http://biblehub.com/john/1-1.htm ...yet another site dripping with religious prejudice? πŸ˜‰
Its actually quite interesting. BeDuhn himself states that the reason so many translations mistakenly translate the verse is because of the influence of the King James version of the Bible, it being derived from the Latin Vulgate and Latin has no articles and thus relies for its accuracy on the interpretation of the text by the translator. We are not denying that many translations do translate the text as, 'the word was God', we are objecting to it on the basis that such a translation ignores both the Greek idiomatic construct and normal rules of English grammar.

F

Moves
06 Sep 16

The religious prejudice is rampant.
😲😲😲

rc

Moves
06 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF
😲😲😲
yup haters gonna hate!πŸ˜•

rc

Moves
06 Sep 16
1 edit

Clearly the New world translation is the go to translation for the serious Bible student. Anything else simply doesn't cut it.😏

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Sep 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Carrobie this and dive that....What exactly is your point?
Concerning the OP you are on extreme opposite ends of an orthodox Christian understanding of the Father - Son - Holy Spirit.

I think that was my main point, yet underdeveloped.

As a kind of curiosity you do both agree on God being unrighteous in some of His pronounced judgments. "It is unrighteous of God to punish forever."

God IS a Monster towards Satan. God's treatment of Satan is a monstrous vindication and retribution for what he has done.

The Gospel is that man would be extricated from following Satan and sharing in his miserable destiny.

rc

Moves
06 Sep 16

Originally posted by sonship
Concerning the OP you are on extreme opposite ends of an orthodox Christian understanding of the Father - Son - Holy Spirit.

As a kind of curiosity you do both agree on God being unrighteous in some of His pronounced judgments. "It is unrighteous of God to punish forever."

God IS a Monster towar ...[text shortened]... ospel is that man would be extricated from following Satan and sharing in his miserable destiny.
the gospel is that the Earth will become a paradise and the righteous will reside forever upon it! Amen to that!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Sep 16

God IS a Monster towar ...[text shortened]... ospel is that man would be extricated from following Satan and sharing in his miserable destiny.
Why don't you start another thread on these seemingly unrelated topics which are tangential to the current thread theme?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Sep 16
1 edit

So? Robbie and I are are at opposite ends of virtually everything.

Including the gene-pool.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Sep 16

Clearly the New world translation is the go to translation for the serious Bible student. Anything else simply doesn't cut it.😏
Clearly you live in a dream world of self-delusion and self-sanctified victim-hood.

BeDuhn's work on the NWT was comprehensively debunked along with your claims about a year or so ago in this very forum. Surely you don't want to go through that level of humiliation again robbie?

rc

Moves
06 Sep 16
1 edit

Clearly you live in a dream world of self-delusion and self-sanctified victim-hood.

BeDuhn's work on the NWT was comprehensively debunked along with your claims about a year or so ago in this very forum. Surely you don't want to go through that level of humiliation again robbie?
BeDuhn did not merely examine the New world translation but several of the most widely distributed English translations but you would have to have read his book to know that. Have you read his book jivejeester?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Sep 16
2 edits

BeDuhn did not merely examine the New world translation but several of the most widely distributed English translations but you would have to have read his book to know that. Have you read his book jivejeester?
More importantly, have you read the thread where he, and for that matter, you, were systematically deconstructed over his claims?

I have the link if you would like me to post it.
Just let me know πŸ˜‰

Edit: actually looking at the thread it seems you were caught out lying about wether you had actually read it! Gosh you are weasly little duchebag LOL.

rc

Moves
06 Sep 16
3 edits

More importantly, have you read the thread where he, and for that matter, you, were systematically deconstructed over his claims?

I have the link if you would like me to post it.
Just let me know πŸ˜‰

Edit: actually looking at the thread it seems you were caught out lying about where you had actually read it! Gosh you are weasly little duchebag LOL.
Sorry you were telling us if you have read the book and how you debunked its claims regarding the New world translation of the Holy scriptures. That was your claim was it not. yes here it is,

BeDuhn's work on the NWT was comprehensively debunked along with your claims about a year or so ago in this very forum.

Lets start with BeDhuns claims. Perhaps you can tell us what those claims were and how you debunked them. Lets hope you have more success than your failure to tell us why the translations that you cite ignore the Greek idiom and common English grammatical use when translating John 1:1.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Sep 16
1 edit

Sorry you were telling us if you have read the book and how you debunked its claims regarding the New world translation of the Holy scriptures. That was your claim was it not. yes here it is,

BeDuhn's work on the NWT was comprehensively debunked along with your claims about a year or so ago in this very forum.

Lets start with BeDhuns claims. ...[text shortened]... at you cite ignore the Greek idiom and common English grammatical use when translating John 1:1.
Err actually no I wasn't. I was pointing out how in this forum he, and you had been deconstructed over his claims.

I've never read his book, have never claimed to have read it and I never will.

πŸ™‚

Edit: have you read the appendix yet? Lol.