The Triune God in Revelation 4&5

The Triune God in Revelation 4&5

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Sep 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Now you are simply wasting my time, goodbye jeester, I have little time for time wasters its far too precious a commodity.
I'm asking you what word is used in the Greek for "a" God?

rc

Moves
05 Sep 16
1 edit

Let it be known,

Jeester cannot tell us why Dr. James Moffat and others have translated the text differently.

Jeester cannot tell us why he has ignored the Greek idiom and translated an indefinite predicate noun as if has the definite article when it does not.

He is unable to tell us how the New world translation of the Holy Scriptures diverges from the original Greek,

infact he is unable to tell us anything about John 1:1 except to reiterate the usual logically fallacious arguments and plastic ad hominen.

Thanks Jeester its way past my bed time and I've had enough of you today.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Sep 16

Now you are simply wasting my time, goodbye jeester, I have little time for time wasters its far too precious a commodity.
You posted and list of translations which supported your stance and I did the same. When I did it you started thowing insults at me. So it's OK for you to use argument ad populum, but not me. Is that how it goes in your head? 🙂

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Sep 16

Let it be known,

Jesster cannot tell us why Dr. James Moffat and others have translated the text differently.

Jeester cannot tell us why he has ignored the Greek idiom and translated an indefinite predicate noun as if has the definite article whrn it does not

He is unable to tell us how the New world translation of the Holy Scriptures diver ...[text shortened]... ut John 1:1 except to reiterate the usual logically fallacious arguments and plastic ad hominem.
What Greek word do you use for "a" God?

I've asked you four times now.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Sep 16
1 edit

Let it be known,

Jesster cannot tell us why Dr. James Moffat and others have translated the text differently.

Jeester cannot tell us why he has ignored the Greek idiom and translated an indefinite predicate noun as if has the definite article whrn it does not

He is unable to tell us how the New world translation of the Holy Scriptures diver ...[text shortened]... ut John 1:1 except to reiterate the usual logically fallacious arguments and plastic ad hominem.
Here is your translation form your JW website:

"In the beginning was the Word,+ and the Word was with God,+ and the Word was a god."

What Greek word do you use to translate "a" God?

Fifth time of asking.

rc

Moves
05 Sep 16
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
What Greek word do you use for "a" God?

I've asked you four times now.
I have told you, 'theos en ho logos' is the clause, now stop wasting my time, its pointless remonstrating with buffoons. One does not translate in a lexical fashion unless of course you want something unintelligible.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Sep 16
1 edit

I have told you, 'theos en ho logos' is the clause now stop wasting my time, its pointless remonstrating with buffoons.
This is hilarious.

What greek word do you use to translate "a" God?

Sixth time of asking?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Sep 16
1 edit

You've insulted and abused me over this Robbie. Now you "tell the forum" [sic] what Greek word you use to translate "a" God?

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word,+ and the Word was with God,+ and the Word was a god.* NWT

Seventh time of asking.

rc

Moves
05 Sep 16

This is hilarious.

What greek word do you use to translate "a" God?

Sixth time of asking?
even the gods cannot contend with stupidity. why do i say that because the jeester in his ignorance think that translation is done in a lexical fashion that is word for word, will someone tell him that words must be put in context so as to give an accurate rednering, he seems not to understand anything.

rc

Moves
05 Sep 16
1 edit

You've insulted and abused me over this Robbie. Now you "tell the forum" [sic] what Greek word you use to translate "a" God?

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word,+ and the Word was with God,+ and the Word was [b]a
god.* NWT

Seventh time of asking.[/b]
that is English divegeester, we are talking about Greek, Greek is not English, you understand that surely? Perhaps you don't, Wow.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Sep 16

The is no indefinite article of "a" is there Robbie.

🙂

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Sep 16

You asked me what I took issue with you cults translation of John 1:1 and I've given it to you.

rc

Moves
05 Sep 16
1 edit

The is no indefinite article of "a" is there Robbie.

🙂
Ancient Greek didn't have an indefinite article Jeester. Ouch. Thats why its not there, yah think!

rc

Moves
05 Sep 16
1 edit

You asked me what I took issue with you cults translation of John 1:1 and I've given it to you.
You have explained nothing because you don't know anything. Normally I would let it pass but you were windbagging about the New world translation of the Holy scriptures and had to be reeled in.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Sep 16

that is English divegeester, we are talking about Greek, Greek is not English, you understand that surely? Perhaps you don't, Wow.
Isn't your bible written in English then?

Your whole gambit here is related to the deity and soverentiy of Jesus Christ isn't it. Well your squalid little religious group changed the translation and put in an "a" in English to infer that Jesus was a god not the God. You lot put it in and you can explain its presence.

Carry on.