Two Views of Human Government

Two Views of Human Government

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
10 Apr 17

Originally posted by sonship
If you want an answer so bad, you labor a bit and paste in where I used the phrase "who oppose the kingdom of God". You do some work so I can see the context in which I wrote that phrase.
You said I am contemptuous of those who oppose the kingdom of God.

Do you mean non-Christians?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Apr 17

There is a warfare. It is a warfare over the administration of the universe.

Paul says that the Christians warfare is not with flesh and blood. It is a spiritual warfare.

Though it is spiritual, nevertheless history will actually come to a place when some men will physically fight against Christ as He descends over the Holy Land.

But today Paul says that the warfare of the Christians is not against flesh and blood but spiritual forces in the heavenlies.

" For our wrestling is not against blood and flesh but against rulers, against the authorities, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenlies." (Eph. 6:12)

The move to bring in a new government on the earth is today a spiritual warfare. It is not one that is helped by the NRA or depends upon guns and bombs.

It is a spiritual warfare. But the day will come when there will be a physical showdown between physical men who oppose Christ's descent to earth and the armies of faithful ones who accompany Him in His coming to do away with human governments - STARTING with the kingdom of the Antichrist.

F

Moves
10 Apr 17

show me where I used the phrase
You used the phrase on the same page as where you said "show me where I used the phrase".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Apr 17
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
You said [b]I am contemptuous of those who oppose the kingdom of God.

Do you mean non-Christians?[/b]
No.
I mean those who oppose the kingdom of God.

Some people not born again will be transferred into this age into the age of the millennial kingdom. In that sense of not being born again, they are non-Christians, I suppose one could say.

But obviously, if I had contempt for all non-Christians then I would not love and pray for so many. And that includes ones of whom i never expect to see in my lifetime share my beliefs.

There is a life in me, that is really not of my natural life, which loves man with a divine love.

On one hand the Bible says Christ died for the church.
But on the other hand it also says that He gave His life "for the world".

The church is that "called out" of the world - the ekklesia (church).
But the world itself, it says He gave His life for.

" I am the living bread which came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he shall live forever.

And the bread which I will give is My flesh, given for the life of the world." (John 6:51)

Isn't that wonderful? Christ so loved the world and gave up His life on Calvary for the world.

This is a brief reply.
Search for an inconsistancy FMF.

Try this -

"So some unbelievers in your Jesus oppose the kingdom of God and some unbelievers in Jesus do not ?"

Or

"So all believers in your Jesus do not oppose the kingdom of God?"

I could think of many exploitations of this brief post for a good argument.
But that's your job as you chase after me - "Stop preaching to me the Gospel of Christ !"

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Apr 17

So, I got a little distracted. My main burden this morning was to show that although Christ comes to destroy existing forms of human government, God did instituted the principle of human governmant.

There are two side of this coin. It is not so simple as to ignore the two sides of the issue.

Romans 13 is a chapter dedicated to the proper regard for human government. This is in the basic book of Christian belief - Paul's letter to the Romans.

Mind you, that these are the same governments which Christ, as the stone cut out without hands, will smash and replace.

Be enlarged and have the capacity to take in the whole scope of the matter of human governments.

F

Moves
10 Apr 17

No.
I mean those who oppose the kingdom of God.
You are still essentially dodging the question. Do these people who you claim oppose the kingdom of God actually believe in the kingdom of God?

F

Moves
10 Apr 17

Eagerness for Christ to bring in a lasting righteousness and peace and justice on earth does not constituted contemptuousness toward my fellow man.
But don't you believe that the billions and billions of non-believers - rightfully, "perfectly" even - are going to have their lives, their children, their parents, families, their communities and the world around them destroyed and then they are going to be tortured in flames forever? For you to anticipate this, to hope for this, to want this to happen, seems to me to be about as contemptuousness toward your fellow humans as you can get. (Bump).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Apr 17
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
But don't you believe that the billions and billions of non-believers - rightfully, "perfectly" even - are going to have their lives, their children, their parents, families, their communities and the world around them destroyed and then they are going to be tortured in flames forever? For you to anticipate this, to hope for this, to want this to happen, seems to me to be about as contemptuousness toward your fellow humans as you can get. (Bump).
We've been through this before.

I have shown you my basis for believing that down to the count of people (in the case of Jonah) and down to the minute details of who should be exempted from punishment (as in the case of Sodom and Gamorrah in Genesis 18,19) God is completely capable of justness.

Now some may feel that this simply cannot be assumed or trusted.

I, for my part, have made the decision that the One who designed the DNA molecule has the eternal wisdom, knowledge, insight to handle the billions of lives that have occurred on earth - "How should each fare in eternity?"

The Bible gives me this confidence though it does not give me these details.
My expectation is that we will all be amazed and astounded at the depth of His knowledge and wisdom concerning all of our circumstances.

Jesus assured His disciples that even the hairs on their head were numbered, God was so aware of the circumstances of each human being.

Jesus assured His disciples that God was so purposeful that even a sparrow could not fall to the ground without His awareness.

" Are not two sparrows sold for an asserion? And not one of them will fall to the earth apart from your Father." (Matt. 10:29)

Not a BIRD in the branches or in the sky, God Almighty is not aware of as to if it lives or dies. How much more a human being. That is the point here. And I choose to believe Christ on this.

Doubt in God's nature says that His righteousness and His mercy and understanding must not be able to co-exist.

I expect that not a mouth will be opened to be able to object to God's understanding.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Apr 17

So we have on one hand God replacing the governments of the world soon.
Yet we also have the exhortation for Christians to respect the governments.

This thread was called "Two Views of Human Government".

F

Moves
10 Apr 17

We've been through this before.

I have shown you my basis for believing that down to the count of people (in the case of [b]Jonah
) and down to the minute details of who should be exempted from punishment (as in the case of Sodom and Gamorrah in Genesis 18,10) God is completely capable of justness.

Now some may feel that this simply cannot ...[text shortened]... xist.

I expect that not a mouth will be opened to be able to object to God's understanding.[/b]
You have sidestepped the question which was about your contempt for people as demonstrated by your anticipation of their non-Christian lives being destoyed and then them being tortured. You say you welcome all this.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Apr 17
1 edit

Because the governments of the world are inadequate for the most part, Christ is called "the desire of the nations"

In Jesus Christ the nations will have their longing desire for peace and equity met.
That is those who survive through the great tribulation.

I love this phrase "the Desire of nations" as I am sure it refers to Jesus the Son of God.

" And I will shake all the nations, and the Desire of all the nations will come; and I will fill this house with glory, says Jehovah of hosts." (Haggai 2:7)

This is a wonderful incentive to turn over your heart to the Lord Jesus, the coming King. It is not only a matter of your personal happiness. But you are laying tracks for the Desire of all the nations to come again.

So for a people these days to give themselves to Jesus Christ to be filled with Him are forming also a beachhead for Christ to come back as "the Desire of all the nations".

We can give ourselves to the Lord Jesus because of our love for our fellow man.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Apr 17

India, Russia, China, Africa, ALL THE NATIONS desire the coming of Christ. They may not realize it. But they do.

Even in Texas they desire the coming of Jesus.
Even in Massachusetts Jesus is "the Desire of all the nations".

We can facilitate His coming by becoming that wife and bride to which He longs to return. We have this also as a motive to be filled with the Spirit of the available and living Jesus Christ.

We want to see the nations receive what they so much desire in peace, bounty, justice, and righteousness.

" Come Lord Jesus"

What an unspeakable incentive to be transferred out of the kingdom of darkness and into the kingdom of the Son of God's love.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Apr 17
1 edit

So, I got a little distracted. My main burden this morning was to show that although Christ comes to destroy existing forms of human government, God did instituted the principle of human governmant.

There are two side of this coin. It is not so simple as to ignore the two sides of the issue.

[b]Romans 13
is a chapter dedicated to the proper rega ...[text shortened]... Be enlarged and have the capacity to take in the whole scope of the matter of human governments.[/b]
Who was the original minister of this message?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Who was the original minister of this message?
Who originally gave the message from which you get the passage you love to emphasize?

Deuteronomy 6:4-5 New International Version (NIV)

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

Tell them that I said they didn't do a very good job of providing you with a basis to believe in your Modalism and argue against the triune nature of God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Apr 17

Psalm Two is a good Psalm on Christ's second coming and how the governments of the world will react and be dealt with.

Why are the nations in an uproar, And why do the peoples contemplate a vain thing? (v.1)

The kings of the earth take their stand, and the rulers sit in counsel together against Jehovah and against His Anointed. (v.2)

Can you imagine that? Though Jesus Christ is called "the Desire of all the nations" (Haggai 2:7) nevertheless at least some of the rulers and kings are counseling together how not to come under His reign.

"Let us break apart their bonds and cast their ropes away from us. (v.3)

He who sits in the heavens laughs; The Lord has them in derision. (v.4)

Men in authority at that time scheme how they could be rid of God and His Son. But God laughs at the vanity of such plans. On one hand the nations desire Christ to come. But on the other hand some who hate to give up their power scheme to cast God and His Son's administration from them.

It is a sad yet laughable situation to God in this Psalm.

"Then He will speak to them in His anger, and in His burning wrath He will terrify them: (v.5)

But I have installed My King upon Zion, My holy mountain, ... " (v.6)

Jesus Christ will descend over the Holy Land at a time when it seems all hope is lost to Israel and to the world. God will install the Messianic King Christ - the Anointed Son of God upon Mt. Zion. Jerusalem will be the capital of Christ's world government at that time and for the duration of the thousand year millennial kingdom.