Two Views of Human Government

Two Views of Human Government

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Apr 17
2 edits

Anyone want to complain to LSM about my repeating some things I read in books by Watchman Nee or Witness Lee ?

Contact Living Stream Ministry

Phone: 1-800-549-5164
Email: books@lsm.org

Office Hours (PST)

Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm

From the same page:

About Living Stream Ministry

Living Stream Ministry publishes the works of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee, providing the authoritative and definitive collections of treasures from these two servants of the Lord Jesus Christ. The writings of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee focus on the enjoyment of the divine life, which all the believers possess, and on the building up of the church, the goal of God's work with man in this age.

See http://www.ministrysamples.org/

Please thank Divegeester for the opportunity to do a little free advertisement of where one can read more of some ideas held by poster sonship.

(Not all posts by far from me can be directly located as verbatim quotes of ministry books found at this site. Contrary to some people's belief I have the skill to expound the pure word of God from my own devotional research.

But let Divegeester have his little day of calling "Copycat! Plagiarizer!" Since he hasn't the skill or enthusiasm to refute many of these teachings, let him fall back on the substitute charge of not crediting others of my influences.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Apr 17

Psalm # 2 continued:

"I will recount the decree of Jehovah; He said to Me:

You are My Son; Today I have begotten You. (v.7)

Ask of Me, And I will give the nations as Your inheritance and the limits of the earth as Your possession. (v.8)

At the request of Jesus Christ the Son of God the Father gives to Him the uttermost parts of the globe and all the nations as His possession. The "Desire of all the nations" takes up possession of the planet. Praise the Lord !

The day that God begets His Son here is the day of the resurrection of Christ.
This is a big subject which needs its own treatment. But at least this is HOW this passage is used by the Apostle Peter in the book of Acts.

He uses this passage about God declaring that "this day" He has begotten His Son, is the day of the resurrection of Christ. See Acts 13:33.

It does not mean that Christ was not the Son of God before resurrection. It does mean that on the day of resurrection Christ was designated the Firstborn Son of God. He also was in incarnation and birth the Only begotten Son of God.

This I learned at the feet of Witness Lee years ago. And I got completely convinced by checking everything said with the word of God and realized that it was so.

Now I pass it on to you readers.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Apr 17

Ask of Me, And I will give the nations as Your inheritance and the limits of the earth as Your possession. (v.8)

Christ had God forgive sinners at His request that they be forgiven because they did not know what they were doing.

Here again a momentous event occurs at the request of the Son of God unto His Father. Jesus asks the Father for the ends of the earth to be His possession. That is to establish the kingdom of God upon the earth.

The prayer of the saints throughout the ages then is finally the prayer and echoed request of the Son to the Father. For He asks according to the will of God.

F

Moves
11 Apr 17

Originally posted by sonship
I am contemptuous of those who oppose the kingdom of God.
Do these people who you claim oppose "the kingdom of God" actually believe in "the kingdom of God"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
Do these people who you claim oppose "the kingdom of God" actually believe in "the kingdom of God"?
How would you interpret these words of Jesus concerning men expecting the kingdom of God and failing to recognize Jesus for what and Who He was ?

" Nor will they say, Behold here it is ! or, There! For behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you." (Luke 17:21)

The implication here is strongly that some people expected outwardly the kingdom of God to come but failed to recognize that Jesus Christ in their midst was the reality of the kingdom of God.

Some of these people clamored for the crucifixion of Jesus.

Would you say that these ones in some manner believed in "the kingdom of God" yet ended up opposing the kingdom of God ? I would.

Fortunately many of such blind people repented and received Jesus as the King of the kingdom of God.

F

Moves
12 Apr 17
1 edit

How would you interpret these words of Jesus concerning men expecting the kingdom of God and failing to recognize Jesus for what and Who He was ?

[b] " Nor will they say, Behold here it is ! or, There! For behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you." (Luke 17:21)

The implication here is strongly that some people ...[text shortened]... unately many of such blind people repented and received Jesus as the King of the kingdom of God.[/b]
Goodness me, why are you so furtive? Here is the question again: Do these people who you claim oppose "the kingdom of God" actually believe in "the kingdom of God"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Apr 17
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Goodness me, why are you so furtive? Here is the question again: Do these people who you claim oppose "the kingdom of God" actually believe in "the kingdom of God"?
I answered your question by means of an example.

Did you not understand the example ?
What is "furtive" about it ?

You don't like me to answer questions about the faith with the Scripture itself ?
That's your problem.

Do you not see the example that some opposed Christ because their concept of God's kingdom had no room for the very Jesus Who was in their very midst ?

What are you fishing for ? Do you want NAMES of people participating on this here Internet Forum? Is that what you cooking up, to force me to NAME people specifically ?
I suspect that you'll continue to grill this point until you think you can somehow coerce me into saying someone specifically named by me is opposed to the kingdom of God.

An atheist is a good candidate for someone opposed to the kingdom of God.
Do you disagree ? He doesn't believe there is a King let alone that King's kingdom.

Am I missing something ?

ie. "There is no kingdom of God because there is no God !! " - typical Atheist

Did I miss something ?

So so much for humans who deny the existence of God.
What about those who do not deny the existence of God but who do not come under His authority ? Yes, they also can be at emnity with God.

Are you still reading or are you formulating your next question?
I SAID ... What about those who do not deny the existence of God but who do not come under His authority ?

That would even mean me occasionally. Sometimes I just seem to not be under God's kingly authority. Romans told me so -

" For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the spirit is life and peace.

Because the mind set on the flesh is enmity AGAINST God, for it is not subject to the law of God, for neither CAN it be. " (Romans 8:6,7)

It is a matter of where the man SETS his MIND. The regenerated Christians has a new innermost being - his spirit which is "joined to the Lord". But if, as he was previously use to living, he SETS his mind on the fallen old man, "the flesh", he is at ENMITY with God. He can be nothing else but at enmity with God.

At enmity with God certainly is against the rule of God and is therefore against the authority of God and the kingdom of God. No?

Hence the first book of the New Testament emphasizes that we all should REPENT for the kingdom of God. That is repent - have a change of mind for the sake of the administration of God - the kingdom of God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
What does "Goodness me" mean ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Apr 17

Come on FMF. I know "Speed kills" but this is ridiculous.
You're a quick responder.

What do you mean by "Goodness me" ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Apr 17
2 edits

Paul's instructions to his younger co-apostle are very telling.

"I exhort therefore, first of all ..."

First things first, he is saying to his younger co-apostles. You know upon the earth the spiritual authority of Christ's apostles and prayer warrior saints is not a small thing. Their prayers are the driveshaft of history for God's moving on the earth.

"... first all, that petitions, prayers, intercessions, thanksgivings be made on behalf of all men;

On behalf of kings and all who are in high positions,

that we may lead a quiet and tranquil life in all godliness and gravity."

Petitions for kings and all who are in high positions of government.
Prayers for them.
Intercessions for presidents, governors, kings, prime ministers, leaders, etc. is what Paul exhorts Christians to do.

It is not easy. But with Christ dwelling within there is supplying grace to do so.

"This is good and acceptable in the sight of our Savior God." (v.3)

Many things Christians could do or be doing may not be acceptable in the sight of our Savior God. but THIS - the offering of petitions, prayers, intercessions, thanksgivings ... on behalf of ALL men ... is " good and ACCEPTABLE in the sight of our Savior God".

A good prayer then -

Lord Jesus, May my reaction to human governments be good and acceptable in Your sight, Make my mind, emotion, and will conform to Your desire to save men and to bring them into the full knowledge of the truth.

"This is good and acceptable in the sight of our Savior God, Who desires all men to be saved and to come to the full knowledge of the truth" (See 1 Timothy 2:1-4)

F

Moves
13 Apr 17

What do you mean by "Goodness me" ?
Something along the lines of "stone the crows".

F

Moves
13 Apr 17
1 edit

I answered your question by means of an example.

Did you not understand the example ?
What is "furtive" about it ?
I found the example to be a dodge offered in lieu of a proper answer. It's a straight forward question. Do you believe that these people who you claim oppose "the kingdom of God" actually believe in "the kingdom of God"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Apr 17
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Something along the lines of "stone the crows".
Actually it is a softer way of saying "My God".

You see expressions of exasperation like "My God!" somehow got softened to be "Golly Jee!" or "Good Golly!".

I think "Goodness me" is the watered down expression of " My God! ". People evolved these sayings into newer versions because it was easier on their conscience.

You see one of the commandments was to not lift of the name of God in vain. That means to trivially say God's holy name in a frivolous way, let alone to mention God as a curse.

When I was a backslidden Christian, something in me did not like to hear the name "Jesus Christ" used as a two part curse word. I did a lot of dirty things. But I did not like to hear of use the phrases using God as a curse.

Anyway, my opinion is that "Goodness me" "more acceptable" expression of the utterance of exasperation of some - "My God !!".

F

Moves
13 Apr 17

Actually it is a softer way of saying [b]"My God".

You see expressions of exasperation like "My God!" somehow got softened to be "Golly Jee!" or "Good Golly!".

I think "Goodness me" is the watered down expression of " My God! ". People evolved these sayings into newer versions because it was easier on their conscience.

You see one of the co ...[text shortened]... odness me" "more acceptable" expression of the utterance of exasperation of some - "My God !!".[/b]
It's a turn of phrase, sonship. I also use the expressions "the devil's in the details" and "angels dancing on the head of a pin", but it doesn't meant I have any reason to believe the devil or angels exist.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
It's a turn of phrase, sonship. I also use the expressions "the devil's in the details" and "angels dancing on the head of a pin", but it doesn't meant I have any reason to believe the devil or angels exist.
On the other hand, if what I said is true, it is an indication that underneath the active intellect there is something in man which has an intuitive sense of the indecency of transgressing the commandment -

"You shall not take the name of Jehovah your God in vain, for Jehovah will not hold guiltless him who takes His name in vain" (Exodus 20:7)

I know that the human spirit (which contains the conscience of man) is a deeper part of his being then the reasoning mind.

No doubt this will sound like "sanctimony" to you.
Time will tell.

Now back to my subject - Two Views of Human Government