Aussie cricket woes

Aussie cricket woes

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
06 Mar 17

Hi KA and Bob

This Test shows why the 5 day game is so superior to 1 day cricket. What a third day!

I was listening to the last 3 hours play and the twists and turns were fantastic.

The Pujara/Rahana stand could have turned the Test India's way. The bookies over here now have India as favourites, Australia are currently 5/2 to win the match.

Hate to say it, but I like those odds. Have invested £10 at the 5/2!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Mar 17

Originally posted by Blood On The Tracks
Hi KA and Bob

This Test shows why the 5 day game is so superior to 1 day cricket. What a third day!

I was listening to the last 3 hours play and the twists and turns were fantastic.

The Pujara/Rahana stand could have turned the Test India's way. The bookies over here now have India as favourites, Australia are currently 5/2 to win the match.

Hate to say it, but I like those odds. Have invested £10 at the 5/2!
Another session like that and those odds will triple.

India had to come back at some point

Moves
06 Mar 17

ah ~ but a lot of sessions in the series have started with a few wickets. Then the odds will reverse, and I can lay off on India to win!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Mar 17

ah ~ but a lot of sessions in the series have started with a few wickets. Then the odds will reverse, and I can lay off on India to win!
You have nerve my friend !
Go Aussies.
You gotta think Starc is going to have to fire up and get 2 or 3 in the first session. If that happens Lyon will mop up the rest...hopefully

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
07 Mar 17
2 edits

Originally posted by karoly aczel
You have nerve my friend !
Go Aussies.
You gotta think Starc is going to have to fire up and get 2 or 3 in the first session. If that happens Lyon will mop up the rest...hopefully
4 wickets in 9 balls helps

Go you champion world beating Aussies !!!!

Moves
07 Mar 17
1 edit

losing your last 6 wickets for 11 runs doesn't

great Test match, all square

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
07 Mar 17

Please do not back Australia again loser. You could stop a runaway freight train.

Where do those Indians get off serving up wickets like those. Ridiculous !!

Moves
07 Mar 17
2 edits

Hi there Champ

Don't you read well. Told KA I was hoping Oz struck early this morning, in which case the odds on an India win would widen. Check it out. A few posts up.

They did, I got 4-1 on India to win at the start of your innings, another tenner. You do the Maths. loser? Nope

Difference is, I said I was going to do that BEFORE it happened.

Try it some time. Go on, Champ. Tell us who'll win the 3rd Test

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Mar 17
2 edits

Wade and Marsh right before tea was like a knife in the back.
Australia were unlucky but did have a winning last innings in them. Not toomuch more but 180 was gettable.
They didn't review when they should've an apparently there was sledging all over the place.
So was Kolli a sook, accusing Australia of cheating afterwards? Imagine if he had've lost. His comments just don't sit too well with me because he reviewed himself twice and wasted 2 reviews when he was plumb. He knew the ball hit the pad first, then just feigned ignorance. C'mon Virat. Smith is as much of a cheat as you. He was even jeering the crowd up which I found unusual for test cricket.
Well we got a good series at least and the Aussies will go back to being underdogs and that should help them

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Mar 17
1 edit

Hi there Champ

Don't you read well. Told KA I was hoping Oz struck early this morning, in which case the odds on an India win would widen. Check it out. A few posts up.

They did, I got 4-1 on India to win at the start of your innings, another tenner. You do the Maths. loser? Nope

Difference is, I said I was going to do that BEFORE it happened.

Try it some time. Go on, Champ. Tell us who'll win the 3rd Test
3rd test? Well at least radioactive is right about one thing, they're going to have to make a better wicket or too much depends on the toss. As it turns out it seems the Indians got the best of the batting conditions in their 2nd innings, then the wicket really started to go.

I'll go with Australia in another tight one.
Or maybe Kohli's karma will shine through and he will finally make a few

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Mar 17
1 edit

I'm still thinking 2 things for test cricket.
1. 4 day tests with a 5th day spare to make up time if needed. So I'm saying a 360 over game instead of a 450 over one.this has got to help players and spectators alike,no?

2. The toss. There should only be a toss for the first test. Then it should just alternate from test to test for the rest of the series.
I've seen this benefit Australia in Australia as well as others in Australia far too often. Same overseas but maybe not as significant... maybe

Moves
07 Mar 17
2 edits

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I'm still thinking 2 things for test cricket.
1. 4 day tests with a 5th day spare to make up time if needed. So I'm saying a 360 over game instead of a 450 over one.this has got to help players and spectators alike,no?

2. The toss. There should only be a toss for the first test. Then it should just alternate from test to test for the rest of the ser ...[text shortened]... s well as others in Australia far too often. Same overseas but maybe not as significant... maybe
Hi Karoly

The Marsh/Wade dismissals certainly were the key. And, listening over here in the UK, neither was a surprise. I think India hurried through the penultimate over before tea to have a bowl at Wade, and I thought...'oh dear'

If I could hazard a problem with the Oz side at the moment it is that the tail's far too long.

Marsh at 6 (not at this time, #8 at best), Wade at 7 (is he REALLY a better bat than Nevill?), Starc at 8 (decent enough, averaging mid 20s), but then O'Keefe/Lyon/Hazelwood are 3 #11s, and total bunnies on these wickets

I like 4 day Tests as an idea. I WOULD insist on more than 90 overs in each day, make them 100 over days (or fines or, better still, run penalties if teams cant bowl 14/15 an hour). So it is just a 50 over reduction in total overs. It brings the draw more into play, which almost never happens nowadays (though some would say that's a good thing!)

I think India will just keep preparing spining wickets. With their 'hand of spinners', why wouldnt they? OK, they got bit on the bum in 1st Test, but , with all due respect, over a 4 match series you would back their spinners to outbowl Oz's.

Wouldnt KNOWING who bats first after 1st Test in series play even more into the hands of home teams doctoring pitches?

(ps ~ thanks for the 'thumbs up'! ~ I assume it's you! I get thumbs down for suggesting a perfectly good way to make a little money betting on cricket! Wonder who that might be? Hmmm...............................)

High Class Blunderer

On a train somewhere

Moves
08 Mar 17

Originally posted by radioactive69
Please do not back Australia again loser. You could stop a runaway freight train.

Where do those Indians get off serving up wickets like those. Ridiculous !!
Radioactive - you should have seen the pitches poor old England copped. Spun from Day 1, but were total dust bowls by Day 3-4, and because they were so slow quick bowlers were virtually redundant.

Moves
08 Mar 17
2 edits

bob ~ I think you have absolutely no chance of getting a reasoned response from him on that very valid point. (in fairness to him, I don't think he would even understand the point)

But I may be proved wrong

Let's see

High Class Blunderer

On a train somewhere

Moves
08 Mar 17