Reds Win the World Series thread

Reds Win the World Series thread

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Sep 12

BTW, by what definition did Harrell out-pitch Bailey? Homer went 2/3 more innings, gave up less hits, walks and runs and struck out more.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
08 Sep 12

Originally posted by no1marauder
BTW, by what definition did Harrell out-pitch Bailey? Homer went 2/3 more innings, gave up less hits, walks and runs and struck out more.
Read what I said.

Harrell pitched against the "much better" Red's lineup and Bailey pitched against a
team of minor leaguers and big league journeyman.

I would say Harrell was MUCH better than Homer Bailey yesterday.

Also, the Reds may make the playoffs, but they won't be going to the world series.

Bank on it!!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Sep 12

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Read what I said.

Harrell pitched against the "much better" Red's lineup and Bailey pitched against a
team of minor leaguers and big league journeyman.

I would say Harrell was MUCH better than Homer Bailey yesterday.

Also, the Reds may make the playoffs, but they won't be going to the world series.

Bank on it!!
sc: Lucas Harrell out-pitched Homer Bailey too.

No he didn't.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
08 Sep 12

sc: Lucas Harrell out-pitched Homer Bailey too.

No he didn't.
Don't go into stupid mode now.

You were doing so well with arrogant mode.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Sep 12

Don't go into stupid mode now.

You were doing so well with arrogant mode.
Claiming a Pitcher A who gave up more runs, hits and walks in less innings pitched than opposing Pitcher B nonetheless "outpitched" Pitcher B is as deep into stupid mode as anyone's gotten in this thread.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
08 Sep 12

Claiming a Pitcher A who gave up more runs, hits and walks in less innings pitched than opposing Pitcher B nonetheless "outpitched" Pitcher B is as deep into stupid mode as anyone's gotten in this thread.
Claiming the pitcher who gave up more runs did so against a lineup that should score more runs.

Not a tough concept. Homer Bailey pitched against a AAA team at home and
basically, he should have shut them out. He did not.

That is the point I am making.
Then that same AAA team beat your closer at home.
Sauce for the goose.

Smoke it anyway you like.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Sep 12
1 edit

The post above is so stupid, there's little point responding to it. The Astros are a bad MLB team that will lose over a 100 games again, but they remain a MLB team. No one expects opposing pitchers to shut them out every game as SC claims nor is it beyond the realm of possibility that they'll win some games. There's no reason to judge their pitchers using lower standards then anybody else's when comparing performances thus saying Pitcher A who has worse results outpitched Pitcher B who had better ones remains idiocy.

Well, Norris thoroughly outpitched Bronson Arroyo last night according to SC "logic" but the Reds won 5-1. That's 5 wins in a row for Bronson who whodey said couldn't even be a Yankee water boy (considering the state of the Bomber rotation right now I think they would kill to get him). The Cardinals lost again to the Brew Crew and the magic number is now 14. The Pirates continued their predicted nose dive and another sub .500 season for them is starting to look plausible.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
09 Sep 12

The post above is so stupid, there's little point responding to it. The Astros are a bad MLB team that will lose over a 100 games again, but they remain a MLB team. No one expects opposing pitchers to shut them out every game as SC claims nor is it beyond the realm of possibility that they'll win some games. There's no reason to judge their pitchers usin ...[text shortened]... predicted nose dive and another sub .500 season for them is starting to look plausible.
You are a moron, you know it???
You can only see things from your myopic visioned rose colored glasses.
What I said was spot on.

Now last night's game was much different. Arroyo did as he should have and Norris got
pounded for his mistakes.

Go suck you thumb in the corner and grab your security blanket so no one challenges
you "opinion"!!

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
10 Sep 12

For those keeping score, the Lastros took 2 of 3 from Cincinnati in Cincy's yard!!

Two words the Reds fear.... Matt Dominguez!! LMAO!!

w

Moves
10 Sep 12

For those keeping score, the Lastros took 2 of 3 from Cincinnati in Cincy's yard!!

Two words the Reds fear.... Matt Dominguez!! LMAO!!
Now the Cards are 8 games back!!

I'm skeered......NOT!!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Sep 12

Kudos to the Astros. However, the Reds still managed to reduce the magic number by 3 in three days. I'll take it.

The Reds start a series with the fading Pirates tonight. On a side note, a Red win will clinch me winning a $50 bet against a Red Sox fan, who foolishly bet me in the pre-season that the Sux would have a better record than Cincinnati.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 Sep 12

Mission accomplished though it took 14 innings. The Cards got smashed by the Padres so the lead is back to 9 1/2 games and the magic number is 12.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
11 Sep 12
1 edit

Mission accomplished though it took 14 innings. The Cards got smashed by the Padres so the lead is back to 9 1/2 games and the magic number is 12.
Yep, the outlook is looking good for the Reds to make the playoffs.
There is still a heartbeat for St.L, but it is certainly a faint one.

m

Moves
12 Sep 12

Title says it all. Cincinnati is so loaded that not even the carping, whining and complaining of a whodey can produce enough bad karma to derail this steamroller (is that a mixed metaphor?). By October, no1marauder inspired teams will have won the championships of two of the three major sports (Celtics 😠).
Welll, that didnt quite happen einstein

m

Moves
12 Sep 12
2 edits