1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Sep '12 01:37
    Homer Bailey no hits the Pirates! What a season!
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '12 02:51
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Homer Bailey no hits the Pirates! What a season!
    1-0 no less. I would expect nothing else from this team this year. No wonder Dusty had a stroke. 😛
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 21:541 edit
    Reds will wind up as the #2 seed in the NL and start their post-season run in San Francisco Saturday. Everybody seems healthy and I would rate us as a slight favorite.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 23:04
    Reds will wind up as the #2 seed in the NL and start their post-season run in San Francisco Saturday. Everybody seems healthy and I would rate us as a slight favorite.
    I hate it when they go to the West coast. 😠

Too many bad memories I suppose.

Other than that I'm looking forward to their first playoff win in about 2 decades.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 19:011 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I hate it when they go to the West coast. 😠

Too many bad memories I suppose.

Other than that I'm looking forward to their first playoff win in about 2 decades.
    That's ancient history; this year we went 6-5 in our only West Coast trip splitting 4 with the Giants.

A split would be good enough this weekend though I want a sweep and think we have a decent chance of getting it. We've knocked Cain around pretty good this year, beating him twice and getting 8 runs and 4 HRs off him in 13 IP. Bumgarner did toss a CG one hitter at us though.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 20:20
    That's ancient history; this year we went 6-5 in our only West Coast trip splitting 4 with the Giants.

A split would be good enough this weekend though I want a sweep and think we have a decent chance of getting it. We've knocked Cain around pretty good this year, beating him twice and getting 8 runs and 4 HRs off him in 13 IP. Bumgarner did toss a CG one hitter at us though.
    Would be kind of cool to see Cain matched against Bailey in a game, but it won't happen.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 04:54
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Would be kind of cool to see Cain matched against Bailey in a game, but it won't happen.
    I predicted my Reds would get swept against the Phillies in 2010, and was right. It is because I know them that well. Trust me, they won't get swept this go round.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 14:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    I predicted my Reds would get swept against the Phillies in 2010, and was right. It is because I know them that well. Trust me, they won't get swept this go round.
    What does seeing a match up of pitchers who threw no hitters have to do with getting
    swept?

While I have a hunch the Giants may beat the Reds, I said nothing of a sweep.

Getting punchy already whodey???
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 05:08
    REds win their first playoff game in about 2 decades.

Congrats.

Cueto left the game in the first inning due to "spasms" and Chapman and Braxton looked shakey but they still pull it out anyway.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 05:09
    YESSS!!!!!

Ace Johnny Cueto leaves with back spasms after one batter, but the bullpen, defense and the bats do the job. Reds 5 Giants 2.

BP with 3 RBIs and an HR, Bruce goes deep as we knock Matt Cain around again. Chapman struggled a bit in the 9th with a 4 run lead allowing 2 BBs, a hit and a run on a WP but blew away batting champ Buster Posey for the last out with runners on 2B and 3B.

9:30 PM tomorrow with Bronson Arroyo against Madison Bumgarner.
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 15:14
    YESSS!!!!!

Ace Johnny Cueto leaves with back spasms after one batter, but the bullpen, defense and the bats do the job. Reds 5 Giants 2.

BP with 3 RBIs and an HR, Bruce goes deep as we knock Matt Cain around again. Chapman struggled a bit in the 9th with a 4 run lead allowing 2 BBs, a hit and a run on a WP but blew away batting ...[text shortened]... nners on 2B and 3B.

9:30 PM tomorrow with Bronson Arroyo against Madison Bumgarner.
    I think Cueto just wanted to pitch at home. 😉
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 16:05
    It's a small sample but in his career he had pitched 13 innings at AT & T and had a 1.38 ERA. And this year his home ERA was 2.79 and his road 2.77 so it makes little difference statistically.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 18:50
    Assuming he will be able to do so. If Arroyo can win tonight, maybe with Cueto pitching at home they can sweep!!!
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 14:59
    Page 1:

whodey: Not only could Bronson never play for the Yankees, he could not even quality to be their water boy.

But apparently he can throw 7 shutout, 1 hit innings in a League Divisional Series. Reds crush the Giants, 9-0 and return to GABP needing only 1 win to advance to the NLCS. Homer Bailey will go against Ryan Vogelsong tomorrow at 5:37.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 21:57
    Page 1:

whodey: Not only could Bronson never play for the Yankees, he could not even quality to be their water boy.

But apparently he can throw 7 shutout, 1 hit innings in a League Divisional Series. Reds crush the Giants, 9-0 and return to GABP needing only 1 win to advance to the NLCS. Homer Bailey will go against Ryan Vogelsong tomorrow at 5:37.
    Bronson has learned a few new pitches and has evolved over the years. Kuddos to him. What can I say, his arm is not what it used to be but he has made adjustments and has good control. If you have good control and spot the ball and have good action on the ball, you can underhand the ball if you like.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree