Reds Win the World Series thread

Reds Win the World Series thread

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
12 Sep 12

The post that was quoted here has been removed
LMAO! 😲

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Sep 12

The post that was quoted here has been removed
There's really no one willing to report this post to the Forum Mods?

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
13 Sep 12

Originally posted by no1marauder
There's really no one willing to report this post to the Forum Mods?
The bj part was over the line, but you have to admit it is kinda funny 🙂

w

Moves
13 Sep 12

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Yep, the outlook is looking good for the Reds to make the playoffs.
There is still a heartbeat for St.L, but it is certainly a faint one.
Heartbeat? No, that is me tapping my foot. It's over spanky. Your karma seems to be on vacation.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
13 Sep 12

Originally posted by whodey
Heartbeat? No, that is me tapping my foot. It's over spanky. Your karma seems to be on vacation.
No, the Reds look like they will make the playoffs, but the jury is out on how far they
will progress. I do not believe they will make it out of the National League...and
depending on who they draw in the playoffs as an opponent...they may not make it
past the first round. We shall see.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Sep 12

No, the Reds look like they will make the playoffs, but the jury is out on how far they
will progress. I do not believe they will make it out of the National League...and
depending on who they draw in the playoffs as an opponent...they may not make it
We're 2 1/2 behind the Nats for top seed, 3 in the loss column and they have the tiebreaker. It seems unlikely we'll overtake them for 1st seed so our first round opponent will probably be the Giants who have opened up a 7 game lead in the West.

The team no one in the NL is anxious to see in the playoffs would be the Phillies who are surging and are now only 3 out of the second wild card.

w

Moves
14 Sep 12

I'll just be happy to see them one a playoff game or two. That has not happened since like 1990.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
14 Sep 12

Originally posted by no1marauder
We're 2 1/2 behind the Nats for top seed, 3 in the loss column and they have the tiebreaker. It seems unlikely we'll overtake them for 1st seed so our first round opponent will probably be the Giants who have opened up a 7 game lead in the West.

The team no one in the NL is anxious to see in the playoffs would be the Phillies who are surging and are now only 3 out of the second wild card.
I love the fact that the Dodgers are collapsing after having traded for every washed up big name and his brother.

Whodey, pay attention: You CAN'T BUY wins in baseball.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
14 Sep 12

Originally posted by sh76
I love the fact that the Dodgers are collapsing after having traded for every washed up big name and his brother.

George Steinbrenner has proven that to be false for several years.
You just have to know what you are buying is the right part.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
14 Sep 12

George Steinbrenner has proven that to be false for several years.
You just have to know what you are buying is the right part.
What the Yankees have proven is that if you have a lot of $$ and spend it well, you can win. What the Dodgers and Red Sox are proving is that spending $$ doesn't guarantee anything.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Sep 12

What the Yankees have proven is that if you have a lot of $$ and spend it well, you can win. What the Dodgers and Red Sox are proving is that spending $$ doesn't guarantee anything.
And the Baltimore Orioles are proving that run differential at the All-Star break or even beyond doesn't have much predictive value.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
14 Sep 12

I merely rebutted your comment Whodey, pay attention: You CAN'T BUY wins in baseball.

I didn't notice that you excepted anyone from your argument.

w

Moves
15 Sep 12

By in large you can buy a path to the playoffs. It does not always work but on average it does.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
16 Sep 12

I merely rebutted your comment [b]Whodey, pay attention: You CAN'T BUY wins in baseball.

I didn't notice that you excepted anyone from your argument.[/b]
Okay, I'll rephrase:

You can't buy a guarantee of wins in baseball.

w

Moves
16 Sep 12

I merely rebutted your comment [b]Whodey, pay attention: You CAN'T BUY wins in baseball.

I didn't notice that you excepted anyone from your argument.[/b]
I will tally up my data at the end of the year and present it.

Trust me, the more money you throw in the better off you are on average.