Art is hard
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 20:57
    I agree with dan as well
  2. Joined
    25 May '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '09 09:34
    I still stand on this point, that both season should start after christams-time in the new year.
    Also the standpoint of the creation of a new leauge cathegorie no timeouts but higher timebank could be interesting. Under this conditions everybody can derminate nearly exactly the time of a season (without the option of vacation-settings).
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '09 11:47
    So there are two option, either start both Leagues after January 1st 2010, or start the slower 3/7 League as planned and the faster League after New Years. Maybe a vote available to clan leaders only can be created, such as those consultation votes?
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    05 Dec '09 23:44
    Originally posted by DanVM
    So there are two option, either start both Leagues after January 1st 2010, or start the slower 3/7 League as planned and the faster League after New Years. Maybe a vote available to clan leaders only can be created, such as those consultation votes?
    I'm for deferring the 1 day league but not the 3 day: for some people Christmas is a good time to play, but anything that pressures people to play on the main holidays could seem antisocial.
  5. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    06 Dec '09 12:40
    Originally posted by finnegan
    I'm for deferring the 1 day league but not the 3 day: for some people Christmas is a good time to play, but anything that pressures people to play on the main holidays could seem antisocial.
    I've actually got much more time now than I will have in January, so I would prefer the 3 day timeout starting as soon as possible.
  6. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    06 Dec '09 14:08
    I also would prefer a staggered start. Much easier to recruit volunteers for one league at a time, especially for the shorter timeouts. So my vote would be for the 3 day league as scheduled, and the 1 day league in January.
  7. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 22:26
    Russ, should we take the lack of action/announcement on this to mean we're not pushing the start date back? That seems to be the gist of your last post in this thread, but it'd be good to have that clarified for planning purposes.
  8. Standard memberMacroman
    Exiled from Scotland
    Milwaukee
    Moves
    08 Dec '09 04:16
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    Thats quite true. I just recall sometime where there have been months inbetween ending and starting of seasons. Just dont want that to happen to often.
    If alot of you have trouble entering teams I wont mind it being postponed a month.

I also like the idea of starting the 3/7day now, and the 1/14 next year.
    I agree. Some players want to be on different clans for different leagues and simultaneous start makes that impossible.
  9. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    08 Dec '09 09:07
    Originally posted by Macroman
    I agree. Some players want to be on different clans for different leagues and simultaneous start makes that impossible.
    I dont think thats what i said lol. But you make a good point.
  10. Joined
    25 May '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '09 05:46
    Is there made a decision about the start?
    I think it would be better to start

the 3/7 league at the 15th january

and

the 1/14 league at the 30th january ( finish quicklier)

What about a new league 0/30 league and automatically finished after 120 days.
    Than we can calculate exactly three season for the year 🙂
  11. Joined
    15 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Dec '09 08:47
    Originally posted by Hannilein007
    Is there made a decision about the start?
    I think it would be better to start

the 3/7 league at the 15th january

and

the 1/14 league at the 30th january ( finish quicklier)

What about a new league 0/30 league and automatically finished after 120 days.
    Than we can calculate exactly three season for the year 🙂
    How do you figure out those dates?

The way i think is, we come here to play chess, so lets play it. Delays means less chess. The way things work will never please everybody. The people who run this site organise it so the most games can be fitted in.

I for one will be glad to start playing next week
  12. Joined
    25 May '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '09 17:081 edit
    Originally posted by cking2k3
    How do you figure out those dates?

The way i think is, we come here to play chess, so lets play it. Delays means less chess. The way things work will never please everybody. The people who run this site organise it so the most games can be fitted in.

I for one will be glad to start playing next week
    I think on special situations in the real life. When you read the other posts, there are some player, who think in the same way.

Some explanations:
    A lot of people have family, holidays and have to do a lot of work at the end of a year (there are many jobs, who have a special situation at the end of the year)

Also many players take his last vacation at the end of the year and cannot choosen for the team 😉

By the way, take a look at the number of the teams for next season, than you can see that there are not so many as usal 😉
  13. Joined
    22 Oct '09
    Moves
    09 Dec '09 20:53
    Originally posted by DanVM
    Maybe start one League now, e.g. the 3/7 and let the faster 1 day League for after New Years?
    Original idea, with common sense. Admin still busy sorting the site problems to check this thread?
  14. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    09 Dec '09 22:47
    Originally posted by Hannilein007
    I think on special situations in the real life. When you read the other posts, there are some player, who think in the same way.

Some explanations:
    A lot of people have family, holidays and have to do a lot of work at the end of a year (there are many jobs, who have a special situation at the end of the year)

Also many players take his last vacat ...[text shortened]... the number of the teams for next season, than you can see that there are not so many as usal 😉
    Seems to me the 3/7 gives enough leeway for most players to avoid being forced to play on critical days over the break. They just may need to use some or even all of their 7 extra days.

Also seems to me the 1 Day league is more relentless and there is more reason to defer that league.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 10:07
    Ok, I'll postpone the 1 day timeout season until January 2010 and start the 3 Day Timeout Clan League : season 8 on Dec 14th as planned.

A broadcast message will be sent to all clan leaders shortly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree