1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    07 Feb '05 08:57
    Some people may not be receiving notification emails since the server upgrade at the weekend. This should sort itself out in time, so please just check the site frequently until email starts arriving again.

    Thanks,

    -Russ
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    07 Feb '05 09:00
    Timeouts will remain suspended until I am happy the vast majority of people are receiving move notifications as expected. (At least another 2 days)

    -Russ
  3. Humlebaek
    Joined
    16 Jun '04
    Moves
    4329
    07 Feb '05 18:50
    Originally posted by Russ
    Some people may not be receiving notification emails since the server upgrade at the weekend. This should sort itself out in time, so please just check the site frequently until email starts arriving again.

    Thanks,

    -Russ
    for how long time do we have to wait? for receiving emails when the opponet have moved?

    One of my games has been canceled by you? [gid]rigidwthfear[/gid]

    nyrask@webspeed.dk
  4. Hockeytown
    Joined
    04 Mar '04
    Moves
    37508
    07 Feb '05 19:37
    My email began working a short time ago. Thanks.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    07 Feb '05 20:03
    Originally posted by donpon2
    My email began working a short time ago. Thanks.
    Our mail queue is now beginning to clear. One ISP in particular is being rather slow in letting our mail through though, so I will post an update then.

    -Russ
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    08 Feb '05 11:081 edit
    Anyone who uses an ntlworld email address (me included) is still not receiving email. I will try to resolve this ASAP, but past experiences with NTL suggest this could be a painful process.

    -Russ
  7. Joined
    22 Sep '04
    Moves
    5596
    09 Feb '05 00:24
    Originally posted by Russ
    Anyone who uses an [b]ntlworld email address (me included) is still not receiving email.
    -Russ
    [/b]
    I get my notifications through my school address (@seas.rochester.edu), and I am also still not receiving notification emails either. It's not a major problem, I just check the site now when I get home, but I wanted to let you know it isn't just ntlworld accounts.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    09 Feb '05 11:30
    Regarding NTL, it appears they may have blocked email, despite someone denying this earlier. I have finally managed to speak to someone who has escalated this issue, so I hope normal service will resume over the next few days.

    I will then move on to any other problem ISPs. If anyone here works for verizon.com, please send me a message.

    -Russ
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    09 Feb '05 11:32
    Originally posted by mikebind
    I get my notifications through my school address (@seas.rochester.edu), and I am also still not receiving notification emails either. It's not a major problem, I just check the site now when I get home, but I wanted to let you know it isn't just ntlworld accounts.
    Mike,

    Can you raise this with your Uni? They must have our server black listed for whatever reason. I would be interested in their response.

    -Russ
  10. Joined
    22 Sep '04
    Moves
    5596
    09 Feb '05 14:46
    Originally posted by Russ
    Mike,

    Can you raise this with your Uni? They must have our server black listed for whatever reason. I would be interested in their response.

    -Russ
    I'm checking it out. I verified the problem by changing my RHP email address to a non-school account and I can mail myself games there, but nothing ever comes to my school account. Thanks for the quick response!
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    15 Feb '05 14:15
    NTL email problem remains over 1 week later. Please use alternative email addresses if possible - I can't foresee a quick solution to this one.

    -Russ
Back to Top