1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 09:49
    If anyone has any spare time after clearing their games each day, and would like to help moderate the content on these forums, please make a quick post here.

To be considered you will need to have been active on the site for over a year, fairly active in the forums and have no history of making controversial posts.
    Yes, I appreciate that rules out most people, but there must be few people who still qualify, right?
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 10:07
    'controversial' or 'entertaining'? 😡
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 10:39
    Originally posted by trev33
    One man's terrorist is another man's hero.
  4. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 10:42
    Originally posted by trev33
    lol recd, I vote trev for mod!

I will actually consider the job...if you chip in free subscriptions. The sun doesnt come up every morning for nothing eitherπŸ˜‰
  5. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 10:49
    Why are new mods needed, are you finally going to TTYN Phlabibit? πŸ˜›
  6. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 10:58
    Okay, I don't want to be a mod, but I think that asking people who do want to be a mod to post in a public thread about it is wrong on so many levels.

However, I would like to nominate people who I think would make decent mods:

sbacat
    HandyAndy
    Bosse de Nage
    mlprior
    pawnhandler
    rbmorris

Most of these people would probably say no, but that's just MY LIST of super new mods.
  7. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 11:03
    I nominate philidor_position, Greenpawn34, Weyerstrass, Grampy Bobby and mikelom. πŸ˜€
  8. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 11:42
    Originally posted by Russ
    If anyone has any spare time after clearing their games each day, and would like to help moderate the content on these forums, please make a quick post here.

To be considered you will need to have been active on the site for over a year, fairly active in the forums and have no history of making controversial posts.
    Yes, I appreciate that rules out most people, but there must be few people who still qualify, right?
    I would be glad to help the other mods here.
  9. Playing with matches
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 12:12
    Originally posted by Russ

If at all possible, can the new mod(s) be anonymous? Having them known greatly undermines their effectiveness.

Having said that, I'll volunteer. I'll even resubscribe. I have impressive credentials.
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 13:03
    I will volunteer. I'm a moderator on a different set of forums elsewhere, and I frequent the RHP forums daily.
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 13:04
    376 miles per hour.

Is that quick enough?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 13:11
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    If at all possible, can the new mod(s) be anonymous? Having them known greatly undermines their effectiveness.

Having said that, I'll volunteer. I'll even resubscribe. I have impressive credentials.
    Agree and the precedent has already been set with game moderation volunteers.
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 13:28
    Originally posted by Badwater
    I will volunteer. I'm a moderator on a different set of forums elsewhere, and I frequent the RHP forums daily.
    I support this candidacy.
  14. Standard memberSunburnt
    πŸ™πŸ»
    Some other realm
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 14:58
    I volunteer if I can go into the Forum Moderator's Protection Program. It should be anonymous. There's too much whining, argument and abuse towards Mods.
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 15:00
    Whoever the new mod ends up being make sure he/she has some balls for once.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree