1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    01 Feb '05 19:01
    A major upgrade of our servers will occur this weekend and could result in up to 24 hours downtime.

    The new machines should be more than adequate for the year ahead.

    All timeouts will be suspended in this period. Timebanks will be compensated too.

    -Russ
  2. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    82844
    01 Feb '05 19:39
    Thanks for all the great work you're doing, Russ. It's appreciated!
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '04
    Moves
    141310
    01 Feb '05 19:42
    Originally posted by Russ
    A major upgrade of our servers will occur this weekend and could result in up to 24 hours downtime.

    The new machines should be more than adequate for the year ahead.

    All timeouts will be suspended in this period. Timebanks will be compensated too.

    -Russ
    24 hours with no chess !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:'(
  4. omnipresent
    Joined
    29 Oct '04
    Moves
    20009
    01 Feb '05 19:46
    Originally posted by Russ
    A major upgrade of our servers will occur this weekend and could result in up to 24 hours downtime.

    The new machines should be more than adequate for the year ahead.

    All timeouts will be suspended in this period. Timebanks will be compensated too.

    -Russ
    waaaah how am I gonna survive this? (Well yeah, I could probably spend time on my homework... but I still prefer playing chess)
    So are we gonna be able to view the 2005 tourney with the new servers? Pleeease?

    Angie 😀
  5. Standard memberAynat
    Dog Companion
    Rain Forest
    Joined
    18 Jul '04
    Moves
    17859
    01 Feb '05 20:58
    Yeah!!! Upgraded servers! Thanks for the all the hard work.






    P.S. Thanks for providing proof that the weinnies on site aren't pushing you to give up on RHP!
  6. Not Kansas
    Joined
    10 Jul '04
    Moves
    6405
    01 Feb '05 21:03
    Originally posted by Aynat
    Yeah!!! Upgraded servers! Thanks for the all the hard work.






    P.S. Thanks for providing proof that the weinnies on site aren't pushing you to give up on RHP!
    I'll drink to that *hic* Won't hurt my chess either
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    01 Feb '05 21:351 edit
    Thanks for providing proof that the weinnies on site aren't pushing you to give up on RHP!
    No chance of that, too much blood, sweat and tears invested in this project! As long as we can pay the bills, we will be here.

    -Russ
  8. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    130058
    01 Feb '05 21:39
    Thanks, Russ.
  9. SubscriberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Joined
    18 Feb '04
    Moves
    61657
    01 Feb '05 22:14
    Originally posted by Delmer
    Thanks, Russ.
    I second that, cheers mate 🙂
  10. Standard memberfulcherjl
    Thirsty...
    USA
    Joined
    15 May '03
    Moves
    37951
    01 Feb '05 23:46
    Originally posted by Russ
    A major upgrade of our servers will occur this weekend and could result in up to 24 hours downtime.

    The new machines should be more than adequate for the year ahead.

    All timeouts will be suspended in this period. Timebanks will be compensated too.

    -Russ
    Awesome Russ, thanks for all the work youve put into this site. Its MUCH appreciated.

    Jonathan
  11. Under Cover
    Joined
    25 Feb '04
    Moves
    28912
    02 Feb '05 11:20
    I agree...many thanks!
  12. Standard memberturtlex
    Picard Is My Captain
    United States
    Joined
    21 Feb '03
    Moves
    244486
    02 Feb '05 11:401 edit

    Any chance on tracking how many times we all click on RHP to see if i'ts up?!?

    My prediction - 2,157,127
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    02 Feb '05 12:57
    Originally posted by turtlex

    Any chance on tracking how many times we all click on RHP to see if i'ts up?!?

    My prediction - 2,157,127
    Way out, non-subscribers make plenty more page impressions in one month alone.

    -Russ
  14. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    12969
    02 Feb '05 13:09
    Originally posted by turtlex

    Any chance on tracking how many times we all click on RHP to see if i'ts up?!?

    My prediction - 2,157,127
    no chance: you'll get that many just from me 🙂
    I'm going to go for a cool 5m
  15. Standard memberFat mans revenge
    Pennywise Says Hi
    Up from mainstream
    Joined
    25 Nov '04
    Moves
    9971
    02 Feb '05 23:53
    Originally posted by Russ
    No chance of that, too much blood, sweat and tears invested in this project! As long as we can pay the bills, we will be here.

    -Russ
    Now THAT deserves a rec. Love the site, and hope to continue playing chess for a long, long time.

    -Fatty.
Back to Top