1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Oct '04 11:052 edits
    A mod 'bot (robot) has been introduced to help avoid some recent forum problems.

It will parse all posts made to these forums, and automatically assign alerts (if required) depending on content.

If your post is deemed to be completely unacceptable, you will be cautioned, but you may protest the decision by sending feedback and ask for the post to be reinstated. Please do not do this unless you feel you genuinley have a case.

-Russ
  2. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    11 Oct '04 14:16
    Originally posted by Russ
    A mod 'bot (robot) has been introduced to help avoid some recent forum problems.

It will parse all posts made to these forums, and automatically assign alerts (if required) depending on content.

If your post is deemed to be completely unacceptable, you will be cautioned, but you may protest the decision by sending feedback and ask for the post to be reinstated. Please do [b]not
    do this unless you feel you genuinley have a case.

-Russ[/b]
    Riddle me this, Russ: What safeguards have you included to prevent RoboMod (or, "SkyNet" as some of us have taken to calling it) from taking over RHP once it develops consciousness?

3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Oct '04 15:12
    None at all, I would be glad to rid myself of the responsibility.

-Russ
  4. VeggieChess
    Moves
    11 Oct '04 16:122 edits
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Riddle me this, Russ: What safeguards have you included to prevent RoboMod (or, "SkyNet" as some of us have taken to calling it) from taking over RHP once it develops consciousness?

a mod bot seems to me to be a good idea since certain people have gone after human mods most unkindly when they don't like the moderation. the mod bot can enforce the guidelines and everyone can fit into them or post somewhere else. seems pretty sensible and straightforward to me and no one has to even complain about the inconsistency demon. or think of it! natural language! fuzzy logic! expert systems! neural nets! chaos pertubation analysis!

in friendship,
    prad
  5. Standard memberdfm65
    The Godfather
    e8
    Moves
    11 Oct '04 17:40
    Originally posted by bbarr

what if Robomod/Skynet gets out of hand and starts 'moderating' bad chess moves 'for our own protection'?

eg. 1.a3 - MOVE DISALLOWED. DOES NOT FACILITATE CONTROL OF CENTRE OR DEVELOPMENT OF PIECES.

or QUEEN SACRIFICE DISALLOWED - UNSOUND.
  6. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    11 Oct '04 18:12
    Originally posted by dfm65
    what if Robomod/Skynet gets out of hand and starts 'moderating' bad chess moves 'for our own protection'?

eg. 1.a3 - MOVE DISALLOWED. DOES NOT FACILITATE CONTROL OF CENTRE OR DEVELOPMENT OF PIECES.

or QUEEN SACRIFICE DISALLOWED - UNSOUND.
    Sounds pretty freakin good to me. I could use one of those! I am trying to get back to 1600!
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    12 Oct '04 01:12
    Originally posted by pradtf
    a mod bot seems to me to be a good idea since certain people have gone after human mods most unkindly when they don't like the moderation. the mod bot can enforce the guidelines and everyone can fit into them or post somewhere else. seems pretty sensible and straightforward to me and no one has to even complain about the inconsistency demon. or think of it! ...[text shortened]... e! fuzzy logic! expert systems! neural nets! chaos pertubation analysis!

in friendship,
    prad
    I figured you for a proponent of fuzzy logic. 🙂

You're right that this resolves some problems with inconsistency, and that is a great virtue. Alas, Skynet is silent on non-profane failures of politeness. So please, Prad, keep vigilant!

😀😀😀

Cheers!

8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Oct '04 01:19
    Originally posted by pradtf
    a mod bot seems to me to be a good idea since certain people have gone after human mods most unkindly when they don't like the moderation. the mod bot can enforce the guidelines and everyone can fit into them or post somewhere else. seems pretty sensible and straightforward to me and no one has to even complain about the inconsistency demon. or think of it! ...[text shortened]... e! fuzzy logic! expert systems! neural nets! chaos pertubation analysis!

in friendship,
    prad
    As Earl Butz once said, " You no playa the game, you no makea the rules." Thanks for your deep concern for the site, Prad.

In Haveanicetimeatgoldtokenship,

2BitLawyer
  9. Standard memberRemora91
    btch plz.
    Moves
    12 Oct '04 01:57
    Thank you! You have no idea how many times I've accidently alerted a post. 😳
  10. VeggieChess
    Moves
    12 Oct '04 17:17
    now, now bbarr and no1,

this surely isn't the forum for that sort of thing - i have my own thread in which you can show your concern for my concern. see you there before too long!

in friendship,
    prad
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Oct '04 11:25
    One day you guys will kiss and make up, I am quite sure.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree