1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    07 May '05 22:361 edit
    Nothing visibly exciting, but an important intermediary release before some new 'cool' stuff arrives in the future.

If you are finding the site is not rendering correctly, specifically the large site navigation icons that sit below the menus, then it is strongly recommended that you update your browser to its latest build. Overtime I have dropped support for older browsers, and this release is such a milestone. If everything looks OK, you should be fine for all future releases for some time.

If you are experiencing problems, then please obtain the latest build of your browser:

Microsoft IE users please run Windows Update, or download IE6 if you are not currently using it.
    For Firefox updates : http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/all
    For Opera updates : http://www.opera.com/download/

The rationale for this release is to bring up to date some underlying parts of the site. I currently have a number of large site enhancements incomplete, and I have been finding it difficult to update existing features with the two code bases differing so much. Tomorrows' release will bring everything up to date and allow me to make smaller changes before I roll out the big stuff (to beta testers) at a later date.

Any problems, please let me know, but do tell me your operating system, browser and version details.

Thanks,

-Russ

edit :
    Just to be clear, very few people should experience problems, so don’t be concerned! 🙂
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 May '05 07:30
    Sorry about the downtime early this morning (6am GMT until about 7:30) GMT. As is normally the case, these things take a little longer than expected.

The only known issue to me at the moment is the text under the navigation icons does not space nicely across the page when the icons are turned off.

-Russ
  3. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    08 May '05 08:45
    Originally posted by Russ
    Sorry about the downtime early this morning (6am GMT until about 7:30) GMT. As is normally the case, these things take a little longer than expected.

The only known issue to me at the moment is the text under the navigation icons does not space nicely across the page when the icons are turned off.

-Russ
    if that is the worst problem you can think of then you must be a pretty happy chappy 😀
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 May '05 08:541 edit
    Yes, quite. I always baby-sit the site after updates and firefight. But today it is unusually quiet. Which is a good thing.

-Russ
  5. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    08 May '05 11:58
    Russ,

It seems several people are finding it works fine with redhotpawn but not with timeforchess which seems a bit odd. Myself included. Just tried it with Konqueror 3.3.91 and with Firefox 1.0

While not the bleeding edge of browser development, neither are particularly old.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 May '05 12:171 edit
    Can you describe what is not working please?

-Russ
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 May '05 12:231 edit
    Ah, I see. (Loading Timeforchess.com on Mac Safari illustrates the problem)

edit : And even Firefox in Windows.

-Russ
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 May '05 12:49
    TFC now fixed. It was just a minor style sheet problem.

-Russ
  9. London
    Moves
    08 May '05 14:41
    also some profiles of players now miss off the end of each line. is this something to do with it?

fred
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 May '05 15:40
    Yes is it. Only affects IE. Fix on the way.

-Russ
  11. Joined
    19 Oct '03
    Moves
    08 May '05 15:51
    another problem...when i put my mouse over one of the icons at the top ('my games' 'New Games' 'Open Invites' ect.) they disappear. Then i move my mouse away from them and it loads for about a second and it re-appears. I have no clue why.
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 May '05 16:06
    Operating system and browser please?

-Russ
  13. Joined
    19 Oct '03
    Moves
    08 May '05 16:54
    im using windows professional 2000 and im on internet explorer. I dont know which version though.
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 May '05 19:09
    From IE window select the 'help' menu, and then the 'about' option.

A small window will appear, with one line of text like 'Version : 5.5'
    or 'Version 6.0'.

This is the number I am interested in.

-Russ
  15. Joined
    19 Oct '03
    Moves
    08 May '05 19:25
    version 6.0

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree