1. DonationChris
    Site Admin
    Wimbledon
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 10:302 edits
    Hi All,

As from today, the daily maintenance tasks will take place at 6am GMT instead of 4am GMT. Taking account of the geographical location and timezones of our users, this should result in fewer users being affected by the server being down.

The server goes down for approximately 25 minutes each day while we take backups and optimize the server for the next day's play. We are currently working on a new system that should mean that the server will not need to go down at all - we hope to have such a system in place within the next month.

Regards,
    Chris
  2. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 16:13
    Has calculating finished clan challenges and updating the scores been incorporated into that routine yet?
  3. WORK
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 22:27
    Sounds good!
    I hate the fact that RHP went offline right about the time I'd sit down to play chess in the evening. 10:00 pm here in Kansas.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '04
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 07:38
    But I get up at 6am to make moves before work !!!!:'(
  5. Joined
    09 Mar '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 00:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 09:49
    Originally posted by Exy
    Has calculating finished clan challenges and updating the scores been incorporated into that routine yet?
    No, but that will happen as a scheduled job soon, I promise.

-Russ
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 09:51
    Originally posted by bambee
    But I get up at 6am to make moves before work !!!!:'(
    Sorry bambee, we knew we would never please everyone here, but it was evident that there is still a lot more people playing on the site at 4am GMT than 6am.

As Chris stated, we will do our best to remove this downtime altogether in the future. It is currently absolutely necessary though.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree