1. DonationChris
    Site Admin
    Wimbledon
    Moves
    28 Aug '05 05:231 edit
    As from today, there will no longer be a regular downtime each day for server maintenance.

Although it may still be necessary from time to time to bring the server down for maintenance it will no longer be on a daily basis.

Thanks to the support of our subscribers we have been able to invest in new hardware which will allow us to keep the main database running 24/7 without the need to bring it down for daily maintenance and backups.

This is another milestone in the evolution of RHP. Even just 12 months ago we would not have been able even to consider this upgrade.

We very much hope that this alleviates much of the inconvenience felt by those in timezones which unfortunately coincide with the previous backup hours (6am GMT).

-Chris
  2. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    28 Aug '05 05:29
    This is awesome, thanks for the hard work in making this happen.
  3. Orlando, Florida
    Moves
    28 Aug '05 06:131 edit
    Originally posted by Chrismo
    As from today, there will no longer be a regular downtime each day for server maintenance.

Although it may still be necessary from time to time to bring the server down for maintenance it will no longer be on a daily basis.

Thanks to the support of our subscribers we have been able to invest in new hardware which will allow us to keep the main database ...[text shortened]... se in timezones which unfortunately coincide with the previous backup hours (6am GMT).

-Chris
    A perfect example of why people who can afford it should subscribe. Thanks!
  4. Standard memberphil nutley
    Quantum Theorist
    Cuckoo land
    Moves
    28 Aug '05 07:23
    Originally posted by Chrismo

Thanks to the support of our subscribers we have been able to invest in new hardware which will allow us to keep the main database ...[text shortened]... se in timezones which unfortunately coincide with the previous backup hours (6am GMT).

-Chris
    That rings my bell.
    I think for non subscribers though, you should still block them for about 45 mins each day. Then they might subscribe and become at one with the RHP family
  5. Standard memberPK
    surf bum
    in the tube
    Moves
    28 Aug '05 07:27
    well done! good to see re-investement happening. the downtime did often coincide with my playtime, so i'm happy🙂
  6. Behind you...
    Moves
    28 Aug '05 07:29
    Very wonderful upgrade. Well the hell done.
  7. London
    Moves
    28 Aug '05 11:43
    well done chris and russ. thanks very much. Not that it ever affected me 😉
  8. Not Kansas
    Moves
    28 Aug '05 12:49
    Excellent. Now I have no excuse to ever go to bed.
  9. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    28 Aug '05 12:57
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Excellent. Now I have no excuse to ever go to bed.
    indeed. the server went down at around midnight for me and with nothing to do, usually retired for the evening. dont know how ill get myself away from the coffee and computer now.
  10. Brisbane, Australia
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 09:00
    YAYYY!!!!
  11. Joined
    01 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 08:14
    this is really nice. keep it up...
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '04
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 17:05
    This really improves the quality playing on RHP. It often affected my playing time in the weekends. Keep up the good work
  13. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 06:23
    Well done there are quite a few of us who try to get those last moves in before the time expired, now we can keep it going throughout the night.
  14. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 10:46
    OOH! No more 4pm lull!

From someone in a part of the world that's out of synch with most of you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree