1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 13:521 edit
    Because of the increasing number of complaints regarding people accepting and then deleting open invites, all accepted invites are now returned back as an available open invite once deleted. If the original creator of the open invite chooses to delete the game, it is removed permanently, as before.

-Russ

edit : No "Plain English" award for me for this post. 😳
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 16:50
    Awesome.
  3. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 20:06
    Originally posted by Russ
    Because of the increasing number of complaints regarding people accepting and then deleting open invites, all accepted invites are now returned back as an available open invite once deleted. If the original creator of the open invite chooses to delete the game, it is removed permanently, as before.

-Russ

edit : No "Plain English" award for me for this post. 😳
    oops, i do this quite often...i dont mean to be abusing it, its just when the time is 1/0 id like to get into the game a bit... sorry if i caused problems for anyone..
  4. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '07 11:31
    Excellent.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Jul '07 12:20
    There was a subtle issue with this update, which has now been fixed.

Any people unable to move in an open invite game will have their games sorted out over the next few hours.

-Russ
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Jul '07 13:16
    Play can now commence in the effected games.

-Russ
  7. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '07 22:39
    Originally posted by Russ

-Russ
    Great news. 🙂
  8. Joined
    24 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 10:47
    Wouldn't it be better if you just weren't allowed to delete a game once you've accepted an open invite? What legitimate need could there be to allow this? Even if the invite goes back into the list, it is annoying and delays the inviting player getting a game started. Shouldn't people be expected to evaluate whether they are interested in the game before accepting it, and then live with their decision?
  9. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 12:08
    Originally posted by d36366
    Wouldn't it be better if you just weren't allowed to delete a game once you've accepted an open invite? What legitimate need could there be to allow this? Even if the invite goes back into the list, it is annoying and delays the inviting player getting a game started. Shouldn't people be expected to evaluate whether they are interested in the game before accepting it, and then live with their decision?
    Some people instead of going to advanced options to set the rating limits type the limits in the box that says game name, which would make it so anyone could accept that game offer. The user wouldn't want to play them and wouldn't be too happy if that were the case.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 21:39
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    Some people instead of going to advanced options to set the rating limits type the limits in the box that says game name, which would make it so anyone could accept that game offer. The user wouldn't want to play them and wouldn't be too happy if that were the case.
    Then set real limits the proper way.
  11. Joined
    24 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 22:361 edit
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    That issue only affects the person who placed the invite ("the placer" ), not the person who accepted it ("the accepter" ). I think the placer should be allowed to delete the game (there might be several reasons why they are not happy with the accepter. not just rating) but I cannot see why the accepter should be allowed to back out, having accepted the game with full information available to them.
  12. Joined
    01 Feb '04
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 07:59

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 11:121 edit
    That issue only affects the person who placed the invite ("the placer" ), not the person who accepted it ("the accepter" ). I think the placer should be allowed to delete the game (there might be several reasons why they are not happy with the accepter. not just rating) but I cannot see why the accepter should be allowed to back out, having accepted the game with full information available to them.
    What's the difference. If someone wants to avoid playing a game they will just resign anyway.

The way Russ has done this is much cleaner and I can't quite see what difference it makes to the person starting an open invite,

Edit: here's an example of why you might want to delete an open invite. Someone creates a game 1 day n/a and asks for a quick game. You accept the game and the creator doesn't move for the rest of the day. You had one day where you could move fast.
  14. Joined
    24 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 22:01
    Originally posted by Wheely

Edit: here's an example of why you might want to delete an open invite. Someone creates a game 1 day n/a and asks for a quick game. You accept the game and the creator doesn't move for the rest of the day. You had one day where you could move fast.
    Fair point. I withdraw my suggestion.
  15. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 20:19
    Fair point. I withdraw my suggestion.
    No don't withdraw it - it is a good suggestion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree