Search

Search "My Games" by opening ECO

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
01 Sep 10
5 edits

Hidden away within the "Search for Game" >> "Enhanced search" option in "My Games", it is now possible to search *completed* games by opening. The integrated opening browser can be used to identify ECO codes if not known.

Also, the opening played in a game will now be shown when viewing the board of any finished games (in "Game Status" ) and on the "game info" links elsewhere on the site.

Edit : Games will take up to 24 hours before being assigned their opening.

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
02 Sep 10

Ha Ha! Just let them try to id my openings. You will have to make a new category, "What the Hell Is This????".

Seriously, nice feature.

Ha

Moves
02 Sep 10

It seems that this search option doesn't match with the games explorer, which is not up to date anyway.

So, for instance: according to the games explorer, I played 216 times the king's gambit (C30) with the whites and 21 times with the blacks,
according to the search option, only 104 times with both 🙄

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
02 Sep 10

Originally posted by HfrMine antiperso
It seems that this search option doesn't match with the games explorer, which is not up to date anyway.

So, for instance: according to the games explorer, I played 216 times the king's gambit (C30) with the whites and 21 times with the blacks,
according to the search option, only 104 times with both 🙄
Games explorer is out of date, and is currently being worked on for a proper release (and will be frequently updated in the new version - I would expect nightly). My attention is on the clans for a shortwhile, but will return to the game explorer within a few days.

Ha

Moves
02 Sep 10

Originally posted by Russ
Games explorer is out of date, and is currently being worked on for a proper release
I know that, but if the search option is up-to-date, why does it find less games than the games explorer ?

K

Moves
03 Sep 10

Originally posted by HfrMine antiperso
I know that, but if the search option is up-to-date, why does it find [b]less games than the games explorer ?[/b]
The ECO codes for the King's Gambit range from C30 to C39. You would have to do a search for all ten of those codes to get a proper tally. Of course I'm just guessing that this might be the problem.

At any rate it would be nice to be able to broaden the search a little. Maybe by being able to search multiple ECO codes at once. Instead of doing an individual search for each King's Gambit line (C30, C31, C32, etc.) you could just type C30 - C39 and view all of your KG games at once.

Ha

Moves
03 Sep 10

Originally posted by KneeCaps
The ECO codes for the King's Gambit range from C30 to C39. You would have to do a search for all ten of those codes to get a proper tally. Of course I'm just guessing that this might be the problem.

At any rate it would be nice to be able to broaden the search a little. Maybe by being able to search multiple ECO codes at once. Instead of doing an indivi ...[text shortened]... ne (C30, C31, C32, etc.) you could just type C30 - C39 and view all of your KG games at once.
You are perfectly right ! 😵

If I write C3 in place of C30 in the search option, I get now 292 games, what is answering my question.

I would like to apologize for have annoyed Russ for nothing.

m
Dosadi Survivor

Chicago

Moves
03 Sep 10

Nice feature - 'ppreciate it