1. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 16:391 edit
    On October 31st 1517, the priest and scholar Martin Luther approached the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, Germany, and nailed a piece of paper to it containing the 95 revolutionary opinions that would begin the Protestant Reformation.

In similar fashion The Easy Riders nail this manifesto for clan reformation onto the cyber door of RHP.

1. Make the system an ELO based system rewarding merit instead of skulduggery.
    2. Have a rating system specific to clans.
    3. Prohibit the resignation/draws of clan games until move thirty
    4. A provisional rating would be utilised to ascertain a player's true strength prior to their inclusion
    5. Provisional games would not count towards the clans overall ELO
    6. A maximum number of challenges between any two clans involving the same players, typically three.
    7. A maximum ratings differential between clan challenge opponents of about 100 ELO points.
    8. A clan should have a minimum requirement for it to be termed a clan, perhaps four players.
    9. Make those who are inactive for more than thirty days ineligible for challenges.

The Easy Riders.
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 16:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    On October 31st 1517, the priest and scholar Martin Luther approached the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, Germany, and nailed a piece of paper to it containing the 95 revolutionary opinions that would begin the Protestant Reformation.

In similar fashion The Easy Riders nail this manifesto for clan reformation onto the cyber door of RHP. ...[text shortened]... those who are inactive for more than thirty days ineligible for challenges.

The Easy Riders.
    Adopting the suggestions listed would also include the damage that has already been done.

Hence my suggestion that the clan system have a referee.
    We have referees in the forum that issue forum bans.

We should start with enforcement of recent changes to the clan system.

Specifically, points rollback for the collusion fiasco that occurred this year.

Site administration has concluded there was a problem, proof being the changes put in this January !!

Address current issue by way of penalty, then we can talk about solutions going forward !!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 17:043 edits
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    Adopting the suggestions listed would also include the damage that has already been done.

Hence my suggestion that the clan system have a referee.
    We have referees in the forum that issue forum bans.

We should start with enforcement of recent changes to the clan system.

Specifically, points rollback for the collusion fiasco that occurred this yea ...[text shortened]... !!

Address current issue by way of penalty, then we can talk about solutions going forward !!
    Again nothing you or anyone from your clan has said actually addresses any of the issues. As has been pointed out to you by myself and others your punitive suggestions do not even address the issues that we are facing and quite frankly I find your Holier than everyone else attitude distasteful. Either address the issues or please be quiet because you are distracting from the real concerns of all clan leaders who do not wish to see this thread degenerate into another metallica arm waving fiasco.
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 17:10
    Again nothing you or anyone from your clan has said actually addresses any of the issues. As has been pointed out to you by myself and others your punitive suggestions do not even address the issues that we are facing and quite frankly I find your Holier than everyone else attitude distasteful.
    We all know you have issues !!
    Most of them have little to do with chess.

Dressing your grievance fest in a cloak of other people's suggestions doesn't fool anyone here !!

And we are hitting the nail on the head when it comes to addressing the issues.

Your attempts at deflection won't change that !!

You can dress it up any way you want.
    But this thread exists because your clan has collected 60% of its' net points from the 3 bottomfeeder clans.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 17:16
    We all know you have issues !!
    Most of them have little to do with chess.

Dressing your grievance fest in a cloak of other people's suggestions doesn't fool anyone here !!

And we are hitting the nail on the head when it comes to addressing the issues.

Your attempts at deflection won't change that !!

You can dress it up any way you want.
    But thi ...[text shortened]... ead exists because your clan has collected 60% of its' net points from the 3 bottomfeeder clans.
    Either address the issues facing all clans or please be quiet because you are distracting from the real concerns of all clan leaders who do not wish to see this thread degenerate into another metallica arm waving fiasco.
  6. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 17:211 edit
    Either address the issues facing all clans or please be quiet because you are distracting from the real concerns of all clan leaders who do not wish to see this thread degenerate into another metallica arm waving fiasco.
    Collusion between clans will be front and center in this discussion.

Now please try to calm down !!
    You are starting to squeak !! 😀
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 17:261 edit
    Collusion between clans will be front and center in this discussion.

Now please try to calm down !!
    You are starting to squeak !! 😀
    It seems that you regard your failure to address a single issue and proffer a solution other than a purely punitive one as being indicative of some kind of engagement. I can tell you its not. Your dull attempts at humor are also rather ineffective. Please tell the forum your solution for sandbagging and lets see if you are capable of addressing the issues.
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 18:21
    It seems that you regard your failure to address a single issue and proffer a solution other than a purely punitive one as being indicative of some kind of engagement. I can tell you its not. Your dull attempts at humor are also rather ineffective. Please tell the forum your solution for sandbagging and lets see if you are capable of addressing the issues.
    Sandbagging is not the issue !!
    Collusion between clans is !!
  9. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 18:26
    Sandbagging is not the issue !!
    Collusion between clans is !!
    They are both important issues screwing up the system
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 18:30
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    Thankyou Al, it seems that our friend refuses to let reality assert itself.
  11. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 18:41
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    I stand corrected.
    Both are issues.
    But collusion is the more pressing issue.

The debate in this forum has heated up because of the collusion between the clans at the center of this fiasco.

No solution to sandbagging will solve the problems created by the bogus challenges that have corrupted the clan system.
  12. Here
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 18:49
    I stand corrected.
    Both are issues.

The debate in this forum has heated up because of the collusion between the clans at the center of this fiasco.

No solution to sandbagging will solve the problems created by the bogus challenges that have corrupted the clan system.
    I would have thought that my proposal would eliminate most of the problems that have been mentioned
    As no one has even commented on them I assume that no one really wants change just more of the same
  13. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 19:15
    I stand corrected.
    Both are issues.

Wrong again as per usual

The issue is how do we stop Metallica manipulating the system by means of sandbagging, using feeder clans, resigning games in challenges once outcome determined etc.

Further to this how do we stop their members and flunkies mouthing off in the forums and chasing away the general clan members interested in the forum.
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 19:41
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Wrong again as per usual

The issue is how do we stop Metallica manipulating the system by means of sandbagging, using feeder clans, resigning games in challenges once outcome determined etc.

Further to this how do we stop their members and flunkies mouthing off in the forums and chasing away the general clan members interested in the forum.
    Who sent in the clown ??
    Nothing to offer !!

Not how to we fix the system ??
    Not how do we improve the clan feature ??

For you, it is all about Metallica ??
    We can just read your profile.
    That is all about Metallica.

No one will ask you for your objectivity !!
    You have none !!!!
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 20:16
    Who sent in the clown ??
    Nothing to offer !!

Not how to we fix the system ??
    Not how do we improve the clan feature ??

For you, it is all about Metallica ??
    We can just read your profile.
    That is all about Metallica.

No one will ask you for your objectivity !!
    You have none !!!!
    Strangely enough neither have you proffered anything.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree