different views

different views

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
31 Oct 16
1 edit

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Robbie, honestly I cannot remember the last time you made a "truthful" and "Intelligent" remark.

This wasn't one of those times either.

You know this whole mess was caused because you and you little cheatmates
aka, the 3 sisters, couldn't stand that Metallica played within the rules and was competitive
year in and year out.
You couldn't unde ...[text shortened]... en you much it up, you can't lose.

You are the master of nothing...including your own domain.
wow paranoid delusions of grandeur? institute an ELO system and you saggy baggsters are doomed to oblivion! Still not a single solution from the leader of Metallica. Ouch!

m

Moves
31 Oct 16

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Robbie, honestly I cannot remember the last time you made a "truthful" and "Intelligent" remark.

This wasn't one of those times either.

You know this whole mess was caused because you and you little cheatmates
aka, the 3 sisters, couldn't stand that Metallica played within the rules and was competitive
year in and year out.
You couldn't unde ...[text shortened]... en you much it up, you can't lose.

You are the master of nothing...including your own domain.
That just about sums it up perfectly !!

It is always refreshing to see some clan forum readers take the time to start a well intentioned thread with improvements suggested by the readership.

What Carrobie has done is jump all over this thread and make improvements to the clan feature his life mission.
With a heavy emphasis on the problem with sandbagging.
His pet obsession !!
He has tried to create the illusion that he is part of the solution when in fact he is part of the problem !!

And that sandbagging is the ONLY sore spot in the clan feature !!

I put this question out there once again !!

Is sandbagging a problem ???

If the answer is NO, then let's move on and identify the issues with the clan system !!
Simple enough !!

If the answer is YES, then let's have a look at that as well.

My thoughts ........

1 - If there are players sandbagging out there, then it is the responsibility of the clan leaders to recognize and identify players with suspect ratings when reviewing pending challenges.
They can then accept or reject the challenge.
Simple enough, isn't it ???
This is not really that complicated !!
And it won't use up valuable financial resources of the website.

2 - if sandbagging occurs, then it must occur across the site. Meaning not just in clan games. One has to only go into tournaments to see this first hand.

And if you want to see more sandbagging, then you can also join chess.com or gameknot. I am sure you find it there in abundance as well.

This constant crusade on sandbagging has allowed some to use this issue to deflect attention away from a more serious issue at hand. That where some clans simply hand challenge points to other clans.
That is a more serious threat to the continued existence of the clan feature !!

To hear someone like Carrobie recycle other people's suggestions and wrap it around his own personal obsessions with other clans is laughable !!

If he continues to suggest that I have offered nothing to this discussion, then I only say this - I have tried to put myself in the shoes of site administration and Russ.
I have tried to cost some of these suggestions for feasibility.
At the end of the day, Russ will decide how to allocate his $$$'s.

If any changes he decides to make do not address the collusion that has gone on between some clans this year, he will probably conclude that he is wasting his money.

Those are my thoughts.

m

Moves
31 Oct 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
wow paranoid delusions of grandeur? institute an ELO system and you saggy baggsters are doomed to oblivion! Still not a single solution from the leader of Metallica. Ouch!
There you go again !!
Institute an ELO system !!
For what purpose ?? To drive Metallica into oblivion ??
Not to improve the clan feature ?? No, of course not !!
To stick it to Metallica !!

You are too transparent !!

You offer nothing to the discussion !!

rc

Moves
31 Oct 16

Originally posted by mghrn55
There you go again !!
Institute an ELO system !!
For what purpose ?? To drive Metallica into oblivion ??
Not to improve the clan feature ?? No, of course not !!
To stick it to Metallica !!

You are too transparent !!

You offer nothing to the discussion !!
you speak with forked tongue! I listed nine points that would improve the system, your leader could not bring himself to make a single recommendation and instead used the opportunity to bad mouth other clan leaders, what an unltramaroon!

rc

Moves
31 Oct 16
2 edits

That just about sums it up perfectly !!

It is always refreshing to see some clan forum readers take the time to start a well intentioned thread with improvements suggested by the readership.

What Carrobie has done is jump all over this thread and make improvements to the clan feature his life mission.
With a heavy emphasis on the problem with sandba ...[text shortened]... ans this year, he will probably conclude that he is wasting his money.

Those are my thoughts.
not a single solution except to wave your arms about and make apologises for other sandbaggers, I knew the mention of an ELO based system would scare the hell outta yah! your ramshackle outfit would be busted overnight.

rc

Moves
31 Oct 16
1 edit

look at this lopsided challenge,

Clan challenge 285975

Maghoober beating up on a 1500 rated player, Booblah pretending his is a 1400 rated player, Mytwoforkedbuns masquerading as a 1700 rated player, Very Crusty beating up a 1200 rated player and Maghoober55 doesn't think that sandbagging is a problem? Someone please reel the deluded fool in.

m

Moves
31 Oct 16

you speak with forked tongue! I listed nine points that would improve the system, your leader could not bring himself to make a single recommendation and instead used the opportunity to bad mouth other clan leaders, what an unltramaroon!
They were not your points !!
I have stated that clearly !!

You are wrapping other readers' suggestions around your own personal angst !!

But keep flapping your wings !!
We all know you've been busted.

All you are doing here is clucking like a hen again !!

rc

Moves
31 Oct 16

heard it saggy, look at the post above exposing your ramshackle outfit for what it is, a clan of sandbaggers!

rc

Moves
31 Oct 16

bwahaha caught again Saggy!

m

Moves
31 Oct 16

Clan challenge 285975

Maghoober beating up on a 1500 rated player, Booblah pretending his is a 1400 rated player, Mytwoforkedbuns masquerading as a 1700 rated player, Very Crusty beating up a 1200 rated player and Maghoober55 doesn't think that sandbagging is a problem? Someone please reel the deluded fool in.
Cluck cluck !!

Anyone can go into your challenge library and pull up dozens of challenges where your best players had ratings advantages of 500+ !!

You included !!

Are you seriously asking for this ??? 😲

rc

Moves
31 Oct 16
1 edit

Cluck cluck !!

Anyone can go into your challenge library and pull up dozens of challenges where your best players had ratings advantages of 500+ !!

You included !!

Are you seriously asking for this ??? 😲
that doesn't make it alright though does it and its these abuses of the system that we are seeking to redress, Saggy you caught gain beating up on a player rated 300 points below your real rating, what a scam man!

m

Moves
31 Oct 16

Clan challenge 285975

It's enough that you bring your personal snooping into our clan to this thoughtful thread.

But you also throw the mud at me.
Why don't you ask my opponent why his rating is 250 points below his best rating in the last year ???

With all your gum flapping over sandbagging, one would think you have some serious questions for this player !!

Or should I think that you have some sort of infatuation with Metallica ??

Moves
31 Oct 16

we had a good start, but this is disintegrating

i'm going to condense the list of suggestions to eliminate duplication, and start a new thread so we can focus on a viable list of changes

look for it to appear in the next day or two

all clan leaders and clan members are welcome to participate

please leave animosity behind

thanks
~leo

rc

Moves
31 Oct 16

It's enough that you bring your personal snooping into our clan to this thoughtful thread.

But you also throw the mud at me.
Why don't you ask my opponent why his rating is 250 points below his best rating in the last year ???

With all your gum flapping over sandbagging, one would think you have some serious questions for this player !!

Or should I think that you have some sort of infatuation with Metallica ??
sorry i have nothing to say, i do not cavort with known sandbaggers! 😏

rc

Moves
31 Oct 16

Originally posted by Giannotti
we had a good start, but this is disintegrating

i'm going to condense the list of suggestions to eliminate duplication, and start a new thread so we can focus on a viable list of changes

look for it to appear in the next day or two

all clan leaders and clan members are welcome to participate

please leave animosity behind

thanks
~leo
thanks Leo, will say no more!