1. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 19:18
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    let me know also who the sandbaggers are hiding in my clan
    Actually Al, I have no idea if you have sanbaggers. i will not say one bad word about anyone in your clan. Not to mention almost everyone seems to be a sandbagger anyway. Nothing I get worked up over. If the leaders do the research, and with Russ placing that 200 point max in difference, you can work around that. I did not mean to imply your clan had any sandbaggers. I apologize if that is how it came out.

But when I have a little time and feeling better for a day, I will get the names of the clans that have given your clan points over and over as well. But I need time for this. I cant do this over night.

But as Much as i would like to, I have to stop posting in here for a bit. But I will get the names of the clans soon as I am able. I promise. Also keep in mind, I thought this was normal practice as so many do it, but only made a big deal when the changing of the guard starts to happen. Just my humble opinion. But I wont argue or fight with anyone. And I will not name call.

I love some of the idea's that everyone had in the thread to help the clan system. 🙂
  2. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 19:29
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    the problem in identifying sandbaggers is that you have to know why their rating is considerably below their actual plying strength
    if ratings drop because of personal problems, family, health, etc.then you could not say they were sandbagging
    if they purposely manipulate their ratings to achieve an advantage
    then sandbagging could be an issue
    it's highly subjective
    That is EXACTLY correct. Startreader who still after two years still enjoys talking about me, even though I have not said one word to this person, insisted that I was sandbagging. What bothers me, is this person actually knows the truth but insists on trouble instead of the truth.

I have health issues, only a select few know what it is. But that is why my rating goes up and down. It also is the reason I resign, or don't get to move, or just quit tournaments. I start every game with the intention of finishing. I will always start when I think I can finish. But if I cant, then that is the way it is. People thinking I am a sandbagger, I find that funny because I am horrible at chess. lol lol 1200 at best.

But your assessment was spot on for that Lemondrop. Thank you. 🙂
  3. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 19:311 edit
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    Actually Al, I have no idea if you have sanbaggers. i will not say one bad word about anyone in your clan. Not to mention almost everyone seems to be a sandbagger anyway. Nothing I get worked up over. If the leaders do the research, and with Russ placing that 200 point max in difference, you can work around that. I did not mean to imply your clan had any sa ...[text shortened]... call.

I love some of the idea's that everyone had in the thread to help the clan system. 🙂
    No probs

As Lemondrop points out there are a lot of things to take into account as to if someone is sandbagging and also what rating swing do you take as a judge of sandbagging and over what period, sandbagging happens for sure but not an easy one to call
  4. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 19:38
    Originally posted by Startreader
    Alternatively, up to the point where you posted that, Lemon, only 18 members had actually seen the post.

Many people do actually have a life, you know!
    the post has been up for several days
    I think more than 18 have seen it
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 20:011 edit
    That is EXACTLY correct. Startreader who still after two years still enjoys talking about me, even though I have not said one word to this person, insisted that I was sandbagging. What bothers me, is this person actually knows the truth but insists on trouble instead of the truth.

I have health issues, only a select few know what it is. But that is why m ...[text shortened]... ess. lol lol 1200 at best.

vespin,
    I think here is the difficulty people have with you. First you are close to death then you are on the mend again, then you are back to you are sick again. Perhaps if you explained your situation a little more, people may be more understanding of your situation.

Of course there are those who will still doubt you. At least you could try and set the record straight on what is going on. I know health issues can be hell!!!

Regards,
    -VR
  6. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 20:05
    Vespin and Robbie are basically the brown shirts, we all know who is behind this , same person who has had a grudge for last 5 years
  7. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 20:13
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    vespin,
    I think here is the difficulty people have with you. First you are close to death then you are on the mend again, then you are back to you are sick again. Perhaps if you explained your situation a little more, people may be more understanding of your situation.

Of course there are those who will still doubt you. At least you could ...[text shortened]... et the record straight on what is going on. I know health issues can be hell!!!

Regards,
    -VR
    If you are in that bad a state and know you have operations coming up why start games you know you can't complete , load of old bollocks
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 20:211 edit
    If you are in that bad a state and know you have operations coming up why start games you know you can't complete , load of old bollocks
    Al,
    Why are you jumping to assumptions? I said I know that health issues can be hell. Did I say I have operations coming up?....I never thought I would hear such silly talk from you. I know what I've been through, that is why I know IF he/she actually has health issues what a HELL it can be.

Regards,
    -VR
  9. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 21:26
    Al,
    Why are you jumping to assumptions? I said I know that health issues can be hell. Did I say I have operations coming up?....I never thought I would hear such silly talk from you. I know what I've been through, that is why I know IF he/she actually has health issues what a HELL it can be.

Regards,
    -VR
    was referring to Vespin
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 21:48

I have health issues, only a select few know what it is. But that is why m ...[text shortened]... ess. lol lol 1200 at best.

Hmmm. I think you'll find the word was cheating rather than sandbagging - University of Chess For Fun comes to mind - but don't let facts get in your way.

On the one hand, we have pleas for sympathy for illness from someone who announced many posts back that he wasn't allowed to post in this forum and that his post to Roma a third of the way down page 4 would be his last. On the other hand there's all the history. Including the threats of actual physical violence to one ex member of your clan.

By the way, what's this two years nonsense? It was August 2015 that your antics were exposed and clans closed and suspended. Nobody here is likely to forget that!
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 21:522 edits
    Al,

Regards,
    -VR
    Your lobotomy seems to have been a great success Crusty old bean.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 21:53
    was referring to Vespin
    Ok Al,
    I completely missed it, my apology.

-VR
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 21:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Your lobotomy seems to have been a great success Crusty old bean.
    robbie,
    Don't you have clan challenges you should be fixing?

-VR
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 21:56
    robbie,
    Don't you have clan challenges you should be fixing?

-VR
    See! what a great success its has been.
  15. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 22:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    See! what a great success its has been.
    yes
    very successful

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree