1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Sep '20 21:001 edit
    Has someone figured out how to bring them back?

To Pondy don't count me for either thread as they are old ones! 😉

-VR
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Sep '20 08:13
    @very-rusty said
    Has someone figured out how to bring them back?

To Pondy don't count me for either thread as they are old ones! 😉

-VR
    Oh, I bring them back every now and then, just to mess with your head.
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    29 Sep '20 18:59
    Anyone wonder why old threads are starting to appear at the top of the clan forum as most recent.

I reported this as a possible bug with a thread in site ideas.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Sep '20 15:12
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Oh, I bring them back every now and then, just to mess with your head.
    You wouldn't have the know how to begin with goad, stop being silly!!! 😛 😉

-VR
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Sep '20 15:13
    @mghrn55 said
    Anyone wonder why old threads are starting to appear at the top of the clan forum as most recent.

I reported this as a possible bug with a thread in site ideas.
    Yes, that is why I started a thread about it.

-VR
  6. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    03 Oct '20 06:42
    @Very-Rusty

Okay I have a question. I know this has nothing to do with the topic. But I could use your input Rusty, and anyone else who would not mind expressing their thoughts on this for me.

What do you do with a player / Players who have games that go for over a year, and over two years, and you politely send messages, spread over two years explaining that "if it is possible, can you please move in these games first, and your clan games first so we can finish the games a bit faster".

I also explained, that it is up to the player as I don't make anyone do anything they don't want to do, but they have the option of resigning the game if it is the only game left in the match, and the match was decided.

I remember other clans had been doing this for ages, and said if the match is decided, and it's the only game left, you can resign so you can move on and challenge the clan again. Plus it helps prevent the game going on for over a year, or two years.

If you are the leader of these people what would you do? And is it wrong to resign a game to end the match so you can move on? We have not done that this year and only once last year. But I don't see any issues with it. But only in these cases.

Just curious. Thank you.

Michael
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    03 Oct '20 17:26
    @VESPIN

I assume that it is players in your clan.
    If so, it seems you are stuck with them. The problem could be two fold.
    First, your player isn’t moving.
    Second, his opponent isn’t claiming the timeout.
    It may not be anyone’s fault. Could be a death.
    If your player hasn’t moved anywhere on the site for a long time, I think there may be a remedy to ask site administration to close out the game, or maybe just nullify it.

I haven’t had it happen to me yet.
    But then I am blessed with a pretty solid clan where the lines of communication are open.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Oct '20 19:19
    @vespin said
    @Very-Rusty

Okay I have a question. I know this has nothing to do with the topic. But I could use your input Rusty, and anyone else who would not mind expressing their thoughts on this for me.

What do you do with a player / Players who have games that go for over a year, and over two years, and you politely send messages, spread over two years explaining that "if it i ...[text shortened]... don't see any issues with it. But only in these cases.

Just curious. Thank you.

Michael
    Since this question was directed at me I believe it was well answered by my Clan Leader.

-VR
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    03 Oct '20 22:26
    @very-rusty said
    Since this question was directed at me I believe it was well answered by my Clan Leader.

-VR
    😛
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Oct '20 15:24
    @mghrn55 said
    😛
    😛

-VR
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Oct '20 18:06
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    You really are a great clan mascot.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Oct '20 20:511 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You really are a great clan mascot.
    Yes with over 1500 Clan Challenges won goad, get back to me when you've reached that. Oh yea, it will take so long the site may no longer exist! 😉 I may be the greatest clan mascot of all times........LOL!

-vR
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Oct '20 20:56
    @very-rusty said
    Your right with over 1500 Clan Challenges won goad, get back to me when you've reached that. Oh yea, it will take so long the site may no longer exist! 😉

-vR
    Seems like testosterone poisoning to me.

Maybe you could beat your chest a few more times.

And ooooooh, yeah, the grunting. Oh, baby!
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Oct '20 21:001 edit
    @suzianne said
    Seems like testosterone poisoning to me.

Maybe you could beat your chest a few more times.

And ooooooh, yeah, the grunting. Oh, baby!
    Suzie Q, Is that some crying I hear over there.

Hell your whole clan doesn't have 1500 wins and we have a player with over 2000 wins. Now he can really thump his chest the clan room shakes! 🙂 Also another player with over 1900 wins and that is just between 3 of us!!!

The grunting you hear is yourself trying for bowel movement I do believe. 😉 😛

-VR
  15. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    05 Oct '20 03:01
    @mghrn55 said
    @VESPIN

I assume that it is players in your clan.
    If so, it seems you are stuck with them. The problem could be two fold.
    First, your player isn’t moving.
    Second, his opponent isn’t claiming the timeout.
    It may not be anyone’s fault. Could be a death.
    If your player hasn’t moved anywhere on the site for a long time, I think there may be a remedy to ask site administra ...[text shortened]... o me yet.
    But then I am blessed with a pretty solid clan where the lines of communication are open.
    Thank you for responding. I'm grateful for the answers. I had actually thought of all of those things. In one case, the person is a good person, but very laid back. He moves in his games, the opponent leaves his move to the last second.

I "asked" my players to pressure their opponents by moving soon as they do. This way they can win by the clock.

Also, I contact my players quite often. I would say half the players respond? These are the players I rely on the most. They have never told me no to any request.

But they like to finish games to the end. They do take skulls. And they are good at communicating with me, we can't be in 3rd or 4th place without any communication. But your team Mghrn55, they are on another level of communication.

Your players all feel the same way, and understand you do what it takes for the team. Even if it means resigning a game, when it is the last game in the match, and it is has been six months, one year, two years, and the match is decided already, there is no harm in resigning the last game. It's a waste of time to finish it. Half my players are on board, the other half will never resign a game. My first goal is for them to have fun, and to give them fair and fun matches. So I guess i am stuck here.

No game should ever take that long to finish.

What I have done was sent each player a message, and explained it to them. Then the team as a whole I sent messages. But I never demand it of my players. I asked a player to do it for a second time in a year and he quit. And got pissed off. To my knowledge, most clans do it, and it makes sense.

Thank you Mghrn55 and thank you Rusty.

Michael

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree