1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 23:09
    It has come to my attention that in some circles, a properly formatted post in this forum should end with a gratuitous personal insult.

In which case this one must seem especially subtle. 😉
  2. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 23:16
    The Misfits suck!
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 01:19
    @chessturd said
    The Misfits suck!
    You're doing it wrong. BTW, that's not the insult -- that's just an observation. You have to set it up first with a line or two of reasonable palaver that almost anyone would agree with, and then you toss in the gratuitous personal insult at the end.

Got it?
  4. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 01:45
    Ok...hey! Suzianne!?
    Guess what?
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 02:12
    @chessturd said
    Ok...hey! Suzianne!?
    Guess what?
    Not quite there yet. As you might know, in Chinese society the student is expected to do his or her own part. If given 10%, the student should figure out the other 90% on their own.

Not that I care, but what is your issue with Suzianne and The Misfits? If they have left you with some kind of deep man-hurt that you cannot resolve on your own -- well, that kind of thing happens now and then, does it not?

I'm getting the impression that I might be conversing with a pariah, and that either we shouldn't be seen together, or that we should absolutely be seen together so that I am not accused of being you.

In the autumn of this life, why have I been handed such a green potato to instruct?
  6. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 02:25
    Hahaha too funny. 😉
  7. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 03:541 edit
    @caesar-salad Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.

In response to your comment "In the autumn of this life, why have I been handed such a green potato to instruct?" 🙂
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 03:541 edit

Removed by poster

9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 03:593 edits
    @vespin said
    @caesar-salad Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.
    What a curious reply. It is a kind of koan.

Ever the wheeler-dealer, you.
  10. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 04:042 edits
    @caesar-salad I'm proud of my matches. My clan was dead last for two years. Third year we were on the first page. Through a lot of hard work and really wonderful people who love chess. I had no problem matching with you. But I was not going to be taken advantage of, nor would I want that for you.

You said something that made no sense back then, so I explained the match to you. My comment a moment ago was meant to be playful and nothing more. But it seems you find yourself to be far more than you are.

Fight with these guys and they will eat you alive. Enjoy 🙂
  11. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 04:09
    @caesar-salad

Yeah, you got me. How will I ever sleep. You are really boring.
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 04:10

Removed by poster

13. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 04:27
    @caesar-salad

I'll be here long after your gone.
  14. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 06:431 edit
    @vespin said
    @caesar-salad I'm proud of my matches. My clan was dead last for two years. Third year we were on the first page. Through a lot of hard work and really wonderful people who love chess. I had no problem matching with you. But I was not going to be taken advantage of, nor would I want that for you.

You said something that made no sense back then, so I explained the ma ...[text shortened]... urself to be far more than you are.

Fight with these guys and they will eat you alive. Enjoy 🙂
    Not to be taken advantage of ???

Robbie used to get you to bend over for him while he stuck it to you on hundreds of occasions. That's why your clan was on the last page.

Man, getting beaten stupid in the ring has really ladled your memory. Best to stick to your origami from now on. I believe you have a black belt in that.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 07:021 edit
    @caesar-salad said
    It has come to my attention that in some circles, a properly formatted post in this forum should end with a gratuitous personal insult.

In which case this one must seem especially subtle. 😉
    I have often observed that of one’s thread doesn’t open with gratuitous insults it is much less likely that replies will contain one.

What’s so bad about insults anyway; are we so easily offended that a perfect strangers text can pierce our frail defences?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree