1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 11:53
    @vespin said
    @caesar-salad My comment a moment ago was meant to be playful and nothing more.
    At this stage of the game, even "Honey Frosted Cheerios" seems like a veiled threat. πŸ˜‰

Sorry if I misunderstood your intent.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 12:19
    @divegeester said
    I have often observed that of one’s thread doesn’t open with gratuitous insults it is much less likely that replies will contain one.

What’s so bad about insults anyway; are we so easily offended that a perfect strangers text can pierce our frail defences?
    The insults are much better than the unknown thumbs down...LOL...but then if they are giving the thumbs down and not saying anything, meanst they are scared to say who they are. I would say many timid people would rather the thumbd down to avoid any possible conflict. πŸ˜‰

-VR
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 16:24
    @very-rusty said
    The insults are much better than the unknown thumbs down...LOL...but then if they are giving the thumbs down and not saying anything, meanst they are scared to say who they are. I would say many timid people would rather the thumbd down to avoid any possible conflict. πŸ˜‰

-VR
    I like to insult you sir 'and' give you a thumbs down.

Chump.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 17:19
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I like to insult you sir 'and' give you a thumbs down.

Chump.
    I try my best to do the same, but stay away from the name calling as much as possible.

It is always better to take the higher ground and not stoop to the that level. πŸ˜‰

-VR
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 17:23
    @very-rusty said
    I try my best to do the same, but stay away from the name calling as much as possible.

It is always better to take the higher ground and not stoop to the that level. πŸ˜‰

-VR
    That sounds like something a chump would say...
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 17:27
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    That sounds like something a chump would say...
    Keep up with the name calling goad, makes you look good!!! πŸ˜‰

-VR
  7. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 23:231 edit
    @radioactive69

You use to be really funny. What happened? My lord you are boring and can't get your facts straight.
  8. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 23:311 edit
    @caesar-salad

So I owe you a bigger apology. I was actually kidding around like you were. When said you had to instruct or tutor the green potato? I am not quoting you correctly, sorry. But I used that quote as a way to say it's hard when your the king and have to teach and lead people. It was just meant to be playful.

I have no hurtful intentions towards you or anyone for that matter. Thank you for understanding. Most appreciated. πŸ™‚

Michael
  9. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 23:37
    @caesar-salad

No worries anyway. I wasn't upset the way it came across. I was trying to explain which is impossible in here. Honestly, It would be nice if our clans played again.

You can set the first one up and I'll accept if you feel it is as fair as it can possibly be. I don't believe in bouncing ten times like so many do.

And I can understand why you would take it wrong. Everyone fights in here for the most part. So it's my fault for saying anything even if I was just playing along. πŸ™‚

All my best,
    Michael
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 00:20

Removed by poster

11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 07:147 edits
    @caesar-salad said
    It has come to my attention that in some circles, a properly formatted post in this forum should end with a gratuitous personal insult.

In which case this one must seem especially subtle. πŸ˜‰
    Gratuitous insults and name calling are just sparring banter; comes with the territory of clan-ishness.

You can judge the character of the poster by the quality of the insult.

At the moronic end of the scale, the insults tend to be like these: "Moron!" or "Ar$e-wipe!"

At the literary end of the scale, they look like these: "Sir, your tie clashes with your cologne," or "You grope for trout in strange brooks," or "We took a vote; we determined unanimously that you are a cauliflower; there were no abstentions."

Here's an oblique one: "Snowflake."

These pale compared to the insults which fly over at the Spirituality Forum: "Anabaptist!" Now that's downright vicious. Or, "Were you home-schooled?"

O, and don't let Duchess get under your skin. Everyone is a lying, fascist, racist, sexist, misogynist, counter-revolutionary, trotskist-schismatic troll according to Duchess. (Except Finnegan.)
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 12:34
    @moonbus said
    Gratuitous insults and name calling are just sparring banter; comes with the territory of clan-ishness.

At the moronic end of the scale, the insults tend to be like these: "Moron!" or "Ar$e-wipe!"

At the literary end of the scale, they look like these: "Sir, your tie clashes with your cologne," o ...[text shortened]... sogynist, counter-revolutionary, trotskist-schismatic troll according to Duchess. (Except Finnegan.)
    CS,
    Actually, don't let ANYONE get under your skin. Also if you plan on dishing it out, know that you are going to receive it back, so make sure you are tough skinned enough to take as well as give. πŸ˜‰

-VR
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 12:361 edit
    @moonbus said

At the literary end of the scale, they look like these: "Sir, your tie clashes with your cologne," o ...[text shortened]... sogynist, counter-revolutionary, trotskist-schismatic troll according to Duchess. (Except Finnegan.)
    What about a person like 'goad' who uses both types of insult, what would you call that? πŸ˜‰

Keep in mind of course he is a Clan mate of yours!!! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

-VR
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 13:281 edit
    @very-rusty said
    What about a person like 'goad' who uses both types of insult, what would you call that? πŸ˜‰

Keep in mind of course he is a Clan mate of yours!!! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

-VR
    I would call it schizophrenic and charge him 1200 pounds for the pleasure of telling him so in my office.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 15:161 edit
    @moonbus said
    I would call it schizophrenic and charge him 1200 pounds for the pleasure of telling him so in my office.
    Wow and he is a clan mate of yours!!!

Are you actually a shrink? ( a clinical psychologist, psychiatrist, or psychotherapist. )

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree