RHP's biggest Sandbagger?

RHP's biggest Sandbagger?

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
21 Sep 21

@mghrn55 said
As usual, you should think before you post.
never gonna happen

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Sep 21
2 edits

21 Sep '21 17:54
1 edit
@mghrn55 said

Now that I have had time to look at everything concerned, I must agree with you.

He can't be expected to play at his former playing strength.

Being there when I had my medical issues you know it dropped my rating by a few hundred points. I don't think I've ever gotten back to where I was, but have managed to average out over 100 wins a year in 13 years. Yes a FACT I am very proud of too.

I can't imagine what my2sons has gone through, or where his true playing strength is right now. I've sent him a P.M. wishing him all the best and a speedy recovery.

Perhaps if you were a little less secretive about what is going on, and tell the rest of the Clan Challenge community what the reason for the drop in rating, we wouldn't be having this conversation now.

It was quite obvious a 400-500 point change in rating is going to be noticed by one of the sharp Clan Leaders.

-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
21 Sep 21

could you tell me again how many points per year you have scored for Metallica?
I've only heard it a thousand times
wasn't enough
they dumped your ass

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
21 Sep 21

@lemondrop

That is not true. Very rusty was NOT dumped by Metallica. He was not asked to leave by Metallica. He chose to leave over an issue I will not discuss in the forum. He was a long standing member of Metallica, and he will be missed.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
21 Sep 21

@shortcircuit
instead of booting him you just refused his ultimatum
same thing
you chose the other guy

m

Moves
21 Sep 21

@very-rusty said
21 Sep '21 17:54
1 edit
@mghrn55 said

Now that I have had time to look at everything concerned, I must agree with you.

He can't be expected to play at his former playing strength.

Being there when I had my medical issues you know it dropped my rating by a few hundred points. I don't think I've ever gotten back to wh ...[text shortened]... ous a 400-500 point change in rating is going to be noticed by one of the sharp Clan Leaders.

-VR
I appreciate your concern for a fellow clan mate of 13 years.
I was not being secretive about any condition.
It was just not my place to share personal and private information about a clan member in public.
That was left to the individual in question. And he did respond.

m

Moves
21 Sep 21
1 edit

@lemondrop said
@shortcircuit
instead of booting him you just refused his ultimatum
same thing
you chose the other guy
You should mind your own business.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
21 Sep 21

@mghrn55 said
You should mind your own business.
ditto

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
21 Sep 21

@Wycombe-Al

Al, you can twist this anyway you like, however, I am sure you have had players that went into slumps for whatever reason. As clan leader, what do you do?
Do you play them against a level they can compete with, or do you play them against players that are way stronger that they are? (Please think before you answer). Or do you simply say, he cannot play any clan games until he is back to his old self so a bunch of malcontents can scream sandbagger at him?

Do not tell me you have never steered players around in a challenge either. I ran the clan for too many years and i saw it from virtually every clan leader here. So please spare me the righteous rhetoric and try to understand the situation at hand. Go ask all the players he has played many times before if they found his game up to par. He darn sure wasn't dumping games, especially in light of the challenges we were losing. The ratings system is already total skewed and it always has been. There are players in here, and some you are aware of most certainly, that utilize tournaments to adjust their ratings. Hell, they accused us of doing it, but whoops, our players weren't playing tournaments. It doesn't take a genius to see the games that are being pitched now.

Even when we are having a bad year, everyone still pulls out the "cheat" card.
I have said it a thousand times, while I ran the clan, we never cheated. Since I stepped down from the clan lead, we haven't cheated. I have asked anyone to provide proof of their claims, and no one was ever able to do so. You cannot prove something that didn't happen, happened. That is just a fact.

The difference between Metallica and several of the clans that are out there including the current leading clan, we never ducked anyone. We played them all.
Some of these clans feel they should get a handicap in every challenge or they act like cowards and don't play. That is their choice. But if being a paper champion is your goal, go for it. We will stand on our record.

So, before anyone hurls accusations in our direction, do your homework first, because you can bet your soul we have done ours.

It was a courtesy to my2sons that we didn't speak about his personal life in a public forum. He earned that honor. I really don't care who it hair lips. During the time I ran the clan, we had 6 clan members who died. When they died, all of the other clans snapped up time outs like they were candy, which they were entitled to do under the rules, and we never said a word about it. We worked hard as a team and overcame it. We will do the same here.

Hopefully, this will clarify my stance. Mghrn55 is the clan leader of Metallica now. But I know all about the past. I can say here and now, once again, no one has cheated in Metallica since I became a member of the clan. Every championship we won, and even in the years we finished runner up, we played fair and never had a rules infraction levied against us, although our competition could not all say the same.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
21 Sep 21

@lemondrop
Once again, what you think you know and what is true are not synonymous.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
21 Sep 21

@shortcircuit said
@lemondrop
Once again, what you think you know and what is true are not synonymous.
according to rusty you are the reason he is no longer there
he put it out there for all to see

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
21 Sep 21

@lemondrop

Think what you like. I have stated the truth. I have booted one player in our history, and it was not Very Rusty. I did not ask him to leave either. I have always made it a point to be straight with everyone I have ever dealt with, and that has never changed. Besides, I have not been the clan leader, except in a substitute role, for a couple of years now. But I can also confirm that our current clan leader did not kick him out, or ask him to leave. Now, I am not sure how long you want to banter words about this, but I accommodated you now, and told the truth, so let's move on, it is history.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Sep 21
1 edit

@lemondrop said
according to rusty you are the reason he is no longer there
he put it out there for all to see
Lemon,
I said it was because of shortcircuit that divegeester was in the clan. I've also said that the gooster or I could have stopped and neither of us did. The gooster knows I never wanted him there from the beginning as does everyone else who reads these forums now. I see no reason in hiding anything. Dive and I argued before he came to the clan. It was agreed by all parties concerned there would be no arguing among clan members in the public forums as it was from the beginning and made us a very success Clan for many years. Dive quit his arguing/bantering with me for a few years then started up again as I had foreseen.
Not being the shy type I went to the Clan leader and told him if Dive were going to continue arguing with me in the public forums I was leaving. Still he said he wasn't getting involved. I believe they assumed I was bluffing and wasn't going anywhere. All I was really asking for was a rule we had for many years since 2008 until Dive's arrival enforced. Not looking for any special treatment. I added and told my clan leader a few more things which are none of your business, but if it was allowed to continue I was leaving. I believe I waited 24hrs., then put myself on 'LEAVING'.
Metallica doesn't do ultimatums not even for a loyal player such as myself who was with them through sickness and never timed-out one game in 13 years as a precedent would then be set that anyone could do it. I don't believe this will be the case as something like this never happened before nor will it happen again. Dive doesn't dare start an argument with anyone else in the clan in the public forum, because he know he would be asked to leave.
The gooster has accomplished his goal, me gone. He knew as I told him I would not argue with another clanmate and there would be consequences if it continued. It continued and you saw the aftermath of the situation.
What I said is that shortcircuit was the reason Dive was still there. I said they kept the garbage which was overly harsh, and let the guy who did all the winning get away.
Now you have heard from both the ex-Clan Leader and Present Clan Leader I was not booted, so give it a rest, if you persist to keep it up I will send feed back that you spreading false information about a fellow Site Member which is frowned upon here. You certainly know I am not bluffing.

-VR

mlb62

Moves
22 Sep 21

there was a player McTayto who tried to correct the sandbagging problem. He was denounced and attacked by many posters. It was so bad, he stopped playing in the clans..

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Sep 21

@ogb said
there was a player McTayto who tried to correct the sandbagging problem. He was denounced and attacked by many posters. It was so bad, he stopped playing in the clans..
Are you making a point here? I don't here anyone looking for him?

-VR