1. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 07:39
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    Seems we have a little contest going in this thread.
    I have a thread post with 9 thumbs UP.
    Carrobie has a thread post with 9 thumbs DOWN.

It's a close one for sure !!! 😀😀😀😀
    Some people cannot handle the truth, they fight reality with all they got!
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 09:311 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Thankyou St Johnstone for exposing what we always knew was the case, the Metalidweebs are preaching about others colluding with lopisded challenges when they themselves are up to their necks in it.

Clan challenge 279567

Not only is the challenge lopsided but older and lamer uses it to artificially sandbag his rating down by offering a draw in a c ...[text shortened]... [/ccid]

Dear Metallica , please don't preach to us any more we cannot stomach such hypocrisy,
    You know, every time I read this post and its links the more I object to it. The game with the draw offer is my game. I was playing my absolute best. I always try hard, and I especially like playing players better than me. You, Robbie, looking at the game, being a much more accomplished player than me, may see a clearly winning situation. I, with my lesser chess ability, don't. I remember how carefully I was playing and how hard I was trying.

Looking at it now I remember how much I enjoyed that game. I had no idea how I might win it but equally I had every idea how I was clearly (as I saw it) going to stop various possible approaches by my opponent there.

Yes, I thought the draw offer was generous but also I thought I'd played well enough to earn it and it was a thoroughly enjoyable game.

My play fluctuates a great deal, and my rating is currently rather low but my tournament entry level at this moment is 1188 and I'm trying hard to get it up.

It may seem utterly trivial to you, Robbie, but I'm fairly proud of it and I will eventually improve it. This particular draw wasn't sandbagging on my opponent's part. It was hard fought and hard won, (by which I refer to its culmination in a draw), and he was a gentleman, not "older and lamer" as you said but most definitely wiser.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 10:372 edits
    Originally posted by Startreader
    You know, every time I read this post and its links the more I object to it. The game with the draw offer is my game. I was playing my absolute best. I always try hard, and I especially like playing players better than me. You, Robbie, looking at the game, being a much more accomplished player than me, may see a clearly winning situation. I, with my less ...[text shortened]... in a draw), and he was a gentleman, not "older and lamer" as you said but most definitely wiser.
    Startreader this game was not a reflection of your effort nor in you feeling a degree of satisfaction at having secured a well earned draw. You played and held your own admirably against a higher rated opponent. Your opponent though had every chance to press on and demonstrate a win.

First of all he is two rooks and two pawns up, this is a materially winning advantage at any level. He can promote his pawn and gain a queen at any moment giving him an even greater material advantage. He has a forced checkmating sequence that any absolute beginner would find. Let me demonstrate.

Now its very difficult to explain how almost any player could not have played that position for a win and we are left with the rather unsavoury prospects that he offered a draw in a clearly winning position in order to artificiality reduce his rating.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 14:48
    Some people cannot handle the truth, they fight reality with all they got!
    Then quit doing it, simple solution!

-VR
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 14:55
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Then quit doing it, simple solution!

-VR
    Oh don't you worry Rusty I can handle all the reality you got!😵
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 15:071 edit
    Oh don't you worry Rusty I can handle all the reality you got!😵
    You remind me of the child who got his hand caught in the cookie jar, still trying to say he didn't do it.
    Kind regards,
    As Always,
    -VR
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 15:29
    Startreader this game was not a reflection of your effort nor in you feeling a degree of satisfaction at having secured a well earned draw. You played and held your own admirably against a higher rated opponent. Your opponent though had every chance to press on and demonstrate a win.

First of all he is two rooks and two pawns up, this is a mat ...[text shortened]... hat he offered a draw in a clearly winning position in order to artificiality reduce his rating.
    You've made a lot of assumptions there both in the game and in the manner in which it was played. "Any absolute beginner" is just plain insulting.

Somewhat uncharacteristically on the whole, you, who so keenly and so frequently protest your reluctance to judge anyone, are leaping to pass judgement here on a fellow RHP player who has done absolutely nothing to warrant it.

You're blinded by your resentment and jealousy of Metallica to a level only otherwise found with McTayto and VESPIN, and, of course, whoever he is calling himself these days. Poor show, Robbie. Sorry to say it, but poor show.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 15:341 edit
    You've made a lot of assumptions there both in the game and in the manner in which it was played. "Any absolute beginner" is just plain insulting.

Somewhat uncharacteristically on the whole, you, who so keenly and so frequently protest your reluctance to judge anyone, are leaping to pass judgement here on a fellow RHP player who has done absolutely ...[text shortened]... se, whoever he is calling himself these days. Poor show, Robbie. Sorry to say it, but poor show.
    you don't think having two extra pawns, and extra queen and two extra rooks is enough to win a chess game? Your opponent threw a winning game, this is a fact. Its nothing personal, its a fact. If you do not believe me ask anyone else and they will confirm it. Infact i suggest that you take your game to the chess only forum and they will also confirm it.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 15:37
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    You remind me of the child who got his hand caught in the cookie jar, still trying to say he didn't do it.
    Kind regards,
    As Always,
    -VR
    Really? i see myself more as Che Guevara fighting tyranny and the forces of Imperialism.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 15:481 edit
    you don't think having two extra pawns, and extra queen and two extra rooks is enough to win a chess game? Your opponent threw a winning game, this is a fact. Its nothing personal, its a fact. If you do not believe me ask anyone else and they will confirm it. Infact i suggest that you take your game to the chess only forum and they will also confirm it.
    Leaving aside this game for the moment, why do you judge so quickly and readily when you want to score a verbal point against Metallica, but will never judge or even voice an opinion on other matters? Unless you're heaping praise on Strategic Ultimatum and their leader who so obviously indulged in organised co-ordinated cheating with University of Chess For Fun?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 17:34
    Leaving aside this game for the moment, why do you judge so quickly and readily when you want to score a verbal point against Metallica, but will never judge or even voice an opinion on other matters? Unless you're heaping praise on Strategic Ultimatum and their leader who so obviously indulged in organised co-ordinated cheating with University of Chess For Fun?
    Its not that I want to score a verbal point over Metallica its simply proving what we have known all along, they are a clan of sandbaggers.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 19:58
    Really? i see myself more as Che Guevara fighting tyranny and the forces of Imperialism.
    Funny, I see you more like a turd in the punch bowl.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 20:12
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Funny, I see you more like a turd in the punch bowl.
    One wonders what kind of punch it is you drink? don't people normally put ice in it? must be a Texas thing.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 04:41
    You know, every time I read this post and its links the more I object to it. The game with the draw offer is my game. I was playing my absolute best. I always try hard, and I especially like playing players better than me. You, Robbie, looking at the game, being a much more accomplished player than me, may see a clearly winning situation. I, with my less ...[text shortened]... in a draw), and he was a gentleman, not "older and lamer" as you said but most definitely wiser.
    I regret that I only have one thumb up to give this post.

Well said!!!
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 04:46

First of all he is two rooks and two pawns up, this is a mat ...[text shortened]... hat he offered a draw in a clearly winning position in order to artificiality reduce his rating.
    Hey, fool.

You're just pissed that clans are starting to catch up. If clans can drop (or draw) games in challenges that are won, then the clan can get to the next challenge faster. And this thought has you soiling your pjs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree