wrong way

wrong way

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gone Fishing

England

Moves
12 Mar 21

@Wycombe-Al

I'd come and help you out as I quite like the Wanderers but I don't think you can be a clan leader for two clans 🙂

Gone Fishing

England

Moves
12 Mar 21

@they

I think that's why the clan community is the best one around ... We have players who actually don't mind if we are on page 1 or page 6 .. they just like playing lots of chess!

As Rusty said 12 months is a long time and there are too many variables to have any confidence in order etc. The best thing that can happen is this year it's a bit closer and that 3 or 4 clans can give the Metals a 'run for their' money, and I'm sure @mghrn55 would welcome that.

And there's no reason why some of the clans with fewer members can't do well from a net perspective ... Anonymous is a good example!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Mar 21
1 edit

@maxtheminnow said
@they

I think that's why the clan community is the best one around ... We have players who actually don't mind if we are on page 1 or page 6 .. they just like playing lots of chess!

As Rusty said 12 months is a long time and there are too many variables to have any confidence in order etc. The best thing that can happen is this year it's a bit closer and that 3 or ...[text shortened]... f the clans with fewer members can't do well from a net perspective ... Anonymous is a good example!
You are correct we have went with 17 and 18 and have been as low as 16 players and still finished in 1rst place. I have noted over the years Clans that like to win and do care where they are like to be at least on Page 1. I don't see you being happy on 6th page.

Yes you can only be a Clan Leader on one Clan not saying you can't give advice to another clan leader, probably best done in a P.M....

Not just mghrn55 like the challenge we all do. Some of us have been many years in this clan. I speak for myself when I say it is a lot better when you have some competition and this year looking like we have lots of that which is great to see once again.

-VR

Gone Fishing

England

Moves
12 Mar 21

@maxtheminnow said
@Wycombe-Al

I'd come and help you out as I quite like the Wanderers but I don't think you can be a clan leader for two clans 🙂
Al ... Now there's no reason to give me a thumbs down 😯😀

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Mar 21
1 edit

@maxtheminnow said
How do you know Al gave you a thumbs down, I think he is more likely to say something to you. Like there isn't 6 pages you know there are only 5 well lets just say 5 is started. 😉

-VR

Moves
12 Mar 21

@maxtheminnow said
gave you a thumbs up you cheeky bugger

Gone Fishing

England

Moves
13 Mar 21

@Wycombe-Al

It was a joke 🤣

I just thought it funny someone (no idea who) would thumbs down such an innocuous post!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Mar 21
1 edit

@maxtheminnow said
@Wycombe-Al

It was a joke 🤣

I just thought it funny someone (no idea who) would thumbs down such an innocuous post!
So now max you wind up with 5 thumbs down mine included for thinking it was joke.

I believe Al is one of the more respected Clan Leaders on the site in my humble opinion.

We seem to have a poster who you might have not noticed that likes going around giving everyone a thumbs down regardless of what is said.

-VR

Moves
13 Mar 21

@very-rusty said
So now max you wind up with 5 thumbs down mine included for thinking it was joke.

I believe Al is one of the more respected Clan Leaders on the site in my humble opinion.

We seem to have a poster who you might have not noticed that likes going around giving everyone a thumbs down regardless of what is said.

-VR
I gave you a thumbs down just for the sheer joy of it.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Mar 21
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I gave you a thumbs down just for the sheer joy of it.
I have just reciprocated, I rarely bother just tell you when I don't agree with you which is often. 😉 😛

I also have the JOY of receiving thumbs down from the little group as an added bonus which always fun for a laugh. 😉

-VR

Moves
14 Mar 21

@very-rusty said
I have just reciprocated, I rarely bother just tell you when I don't agree with you which is often. 😉 😛

I also have the JOY of receiving thumbs down from the little group as an added bonus which always fun for a laugh. 😉

-VR
I think you spend half your RHP existence thumbing down and alerting posts.

Gone Fishing

England

Moves
15 Mar 21

@Very-Rusty

Al and I are good friends .. borne out of supporting small football teams that over recent years have played at higher league levels than we could ever dreamt. The Wanderers & Brewers. Of course next year we will be chess and football adversaries 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Mar 21
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I think you spend half your RHP existence thumbing down and alerting posts.
I think you point the finger towards me every time you get an alert thrown your way.

Why, because you're a very paranoid person! 😉 😛

Surprising part is most of your posts alerted are removed.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Mar 21

@maxtheminnow said
@Very-Rusty

Al and I are good friends .. borne out of supporting small football teams that over recent years have played at higher league levels than we could ever dreamt. The Wanderers & Brewers. Of course next year we will be chess and football adversaries 🙂
So you know each other in person, just some good natured ribbing was meant?

-VR

Gone Fishing

England

Moves
15 Mar 21

@Very-Rusty

No, not in person, but who knows next season? We have plenty of good-natured dialogue

I didn't really care who gave the post a thumbs down, it clearly wasn't Al as my post was directly to him and Al would have had no reason to down-thumb me

Eitherway, my attempt at humour didn't work out ... must be careful next time 🙂