1. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    20 Mar '10 21:06
    Man, I love this show. As intense as it gets. I'm a big Mad men fan but Breaking Bad is the best show on TV today. Among the best ever.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 04:10
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Man, I love this show. As intense as it gets. I'm a big Mad men fan but Breaking Bad is the best show on TV today. Among the best ever.
    Forgive my ignorance, but what does the title refer to, exactly? I've never heard the expression before and even after hearing of the premise of the series, the title still puzzles me.
  3. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 04:51
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Forgive my ignorance, but what does the title refer to, exactly? I've never heard the expression before and even after hearing of the premise of the series, the title still puzzles me.
    I had to check this. Found this interesting note -

The credits feature symbols of chemical elements from the Periodic Table in green (for example, the symbols Br and Ba for bromine and barium in Breaking Bad). The credits at the beginning of the show usually continue this, with cast members' names usually including one chemical element symbol if appropriate.

The opening credits also feature the formula C10H15N which is repeated several times in each frame that it appears. This is the molecular formula for methamphetamine, it indicates that each molecule contains 10 carbon atoms, 15 hydrogen atoms and one nitrogen atom.

The number 149.24 is also repeated in the introduction, which is the molecular mass of the methamphetamine compound.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 05:06
    I had to check this. Found this interesting note -

The credits feature symbols of chemical elements from the Periodic Table in green (for example, the symbols Br and Ba for bromine and barium in Breaking Bad). The credits at the beginning of the show usually continue this, with cast members' names usually including one chemical element symbol if appropri ...[text shortened]... also repeated in the introduction, which is the molecular mass of the methamphetamine compound.
    Makes sense. Thanks for that. I'll check it out on your recommendation.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 15:451 edit
    Haven't seen it either, but I'll check it out too.

FWIW from Wiki:

Lead actor Bryan Cranston stated in an interview that:
    "The term 'breaking bad' is a southern colloquialism and it means when someone who has taken a turn off the path of the straight and narrow, when they've gone wrong. And that could be for that day or for a lifetime."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree