Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. 21 Mar '08 18:57
    Are there any good chess related works of art out there? Examples here please
  2. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    21 Mar '08 19:03
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1111459
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1260278
  3. 21 Mar '08 19:06
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1111459
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1260278
    I didn't mean actual games I know those are beautiful, I meant actual art. Canvas type stuff haha I applaud the sentiment though!
  4. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    21 Mar '08 19:08
    Originally posted by icantwrite
    I didn't mean actual games I know those are beautiful, I meant actual art. Canvas type stuff haha I applaud the sentiment though!
    I know what you meant but I just couldn't resist. On the subject though. I don't think I know any chess related art. But I stumble upon something I'll post it here just to make it up.

    And have you looked at the game?
  5. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    21 Mar '08 19:57
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1111459
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1260278
    I can't believe you didn't post "The Immortal game"....That's art
  6. 21 Mar '08 20:07
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    I know what you meant but I just couldn't resist. On the subject though. I don't think I know any chess related art. But I stumble upon something I'll post it here just to make it up.

    And have you looked at the game?
    I have yeah, both very nice games...

    How about this one:
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1130925
  7. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    21 Mar '08 21:06
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1018910
  8. 21 Mar '08 21:19
    This site looks quite interesting: http://www.chess-theory.com/en_virtual_art_museum_chess_art.php

    For a combination of literature, art and chess, try "The Flanders Panel" by Arturo Perez-Reverte. I enjoyed it a lot.
  9. 21 Mar '08 21:19
    Ok...this thread is being hijacked by chess games haha I want some pictures people! Dali, Escher, etc... any chess related art out there?
  10. 21 Mar '08 21:23
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    This site looks quite interesting: http://www.chess-theory.com/en_virtual_art_museum_chess_art.php

    For a combination of literature, art and chess, try "The Flanders Panel" by Arturo Perez-Reverte. I enjoyed it a lot.
    Great site
  11. 21 Mar '08 21:37
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    I can't believe you didn't post "The Immortal game"....That's art
    Surreal art.
  12. Standard member rbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    21 Mar '08 23:18
    Originally posted by icantwrite
    Are there any good chess related works of art out there? Examples here please
    We had a good chess-related photography contest once. If I can find the link, I'll post it here.
  13. 21 Mar '08 23:22
    Originally posted by rbmorris
    We had a good chess-related photography contest once. If I can find the link, I'll post it here.
    Hey, I actually thought of posting that, and then forgot again... Thanks for reminding me!

    http://www.katja.klee24.de/TFC/Chess/Chess.html
    Thread 39665
  14. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    21 Mar '08 23:40 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Hey, I actually thought of posting that, and then forgot again... Thanks for reminding me!

    http://www.katja.klee24.de/TFC/Chess/Chess.html
    Thread 39665
    The en passant picture is great!

    Edit: And the time bank too. Now I'll check out the results.
  15. 24 Mar '08 10:06
    Originally posted by icantwrite
    Are there any good chess related works of art out there? Examples here please
    http://www.allposters.com/
    Type the word "chess" into the search