my first car

my first car

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mafia chief

the safe house

Moves
06 Jul 19

a white 1956 ford sedan. drove it to fayetteville, arkansas and back one time.

Read a book!

Moves
07 Jul 19

@mister-moggy said
Bank job?

mafia chief

the safe house

Moves
07 Jul 19

@HandyAndy
i have been in jail twice and also juvenile hall as a child and i have committed several felonies for which i was never arrested for, but no, the trip to fayetteville was a two day visit to an old
mansion in the hills where i drank "crick coffee" and pulled weeds out of tomato patch. i went to look for work on a newspaper and did not get the job. went up the road to springdale and looked into a job pulling turkeys off a truck at a plant that made dog food. i didn't take the job. drove back to los angeles and returned to the newspaper i left.

Read a book!

Moves
07 Jul 19

@mister-moggy said
@HandyAndy
i have been in jail twice and also juvenile hall as a child and i have committed several felonies for which i was never arrested for, but no, the trip to fayetteville was a two day visit to an old
mansion in the hills where i drank "crick coffee" and pulled weeds out of tomato patch. i went to look for work on a newspaper and did not get the job. went up ...[text shortened]... e dog food. i didn't take the job. drove back to los angeles and returned to the newspaper i left.
L.A. Times or Herald Examiner?

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
07 Jul 19

@mister-moggy said
Mine was a 1957 Ford sedan. Bought for $150 in '72 when I was in high school. Yeah, It was a piece of junk, but served me well for a few years.

Moves
07 Jul 19

Mine was a 1964 Oldsmobile Cutlass F-85.
It was pretty. But its power-plant wasn't.
It was more of a love-mobile I guess, slow and steady while looking great! 😀

Moves
07 Jul 19

A 1962 VW "bug", in 1965. Great car but the next winter during an very cold night the, under the back seat, battery froze. Those were the days. I was late for work. 😉

mafia chief

the safe house

Moves
08 Jul 19
2 edits

@HandyAndy

i worked at the herald first when the workers went it first went on strike. i was

a "scab" and crossed the picket lines. years later i worked in what is now called the "library" but in my day it was known by it's old name as "the morgue".

after my trip to fayetteville though i returned to the whittier daily news.

Read a book!

Moves
08 Jul 19

@mister-moggy said
@HandyAndy

i worked at the herald first when the workers went it first went on strike. i was

a "scab" and crossed the picket lines. years later i worked in what is now called the "library" but in my day it was known by it's old name as "the morgue".

after my trip to fayetteville though i returned to the whittier daily news.
That was a tough strike. It lasted for years, as I recall.

The paper never seemed to recapture its public image and folded in the 80s.