Timeless masterpiece

Timeless masterpiece

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
03 Aug 18

I'm no doubt showing my age, but this is a timeless masterpiece played to perfection. I'm shocked this building in only 2% full. I would have paid money to hear this live.

&list=RDQJVQclPxsJ4&start_radio=1

Moves
03 Aug 18

Originally posted by @mchill
I'm no doubt showing my age, but this is a timeless masterpiece played to perfection. I'm shocked this building in only 2% full. I would have paid money to hear this live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJVQclPxsJ4&list=RDQJVQclPxsJ4&start_radio=1
Yes, I agree. That was eternal.
A beautifully rendered perfection.

The setting was intimate. I found its rusticity wholly appropriate and satisfying. I would have enjoyed being there too. 🙂

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Aug 18
2 edits

Written by Nino Rota who won an Oscar for the music to Godfather II. Great composer, died in 1979.

Another great timeless masterpiece, Air on a G string: J S Bach.

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
04 Aug 18

Excellent interpretation. Two players at one with the music. Whether the music would have been as memorable without seeing the film is debatable. The music for “The Godfather”, “Titanic”, “Dances with Wolves”, “Out of Africa”, “Lord of the Rings” etc. is all so intimately involved with the films that I find it almost impossible to listen to it without empathising with the film. Does this make it great music? Debatable. Whereas “Death in Venice”, “2001,a Space Odyssy”, “Brief Encounter”, “A Clockwork Orange” etc. all use music not especially written for the films. The music for these is unquestionably great.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
04 Aug 18

In a similar vein:

Mozart - Piano concerto No 21, theme to Elvira Madigan

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Aug 18
2 edits

Another probably totally unknown masterpiece for a composer named Joaquim Malats, Saranada Espanola played by the great Pepe Romero: He is speaking Spanish here introducing the piece but the music is magical. The music starts around 2:30 into it.Total about 6 minutes.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Aug 18

Originally posted by @pianoman1
Excellent interpretation. Two players at one with the music. Whether the music would have been as memorable without seeing the film is debatable. The music for “The Godfather”, “Titanic”, “Dances with Wolves”, “Out of Africa”, “Lord of the Rings” etc. is all so intimately involved with the films that I find it almost impossible to listen to it without emp ...[text shortened]... all use music not especially written for the films. The music for these is unquestionably great.
I agree. Truly great music stands entirely on its own without need for visuals to make it "more visceral".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Aug 18

This score is truly beautiful.

As it turns out, I have actually played this piece on piano and on flute. While not exceptionally technical, the tune is familiar to most, it is exceedingly emotive, and this performance looks like it's in a cathedral and the venue is everything. Buildings like this lend beautiful tone to most music.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Aug 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
This score is truly beautiful.

As it turns out, I have actually played this piece on piano and on flute. While not exceptionally technical, the tune is familiar to most, it is exceedingly emotive, and this performance looks like it's in a cathedral and the venue is everything. Buildings like this lend beautiful tone to most music.
I would have liked to have heard you play that piece.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Sep 18
1 edit

Here is a Russian folk music video, the still photos are great!

Doesn't seem to work, but here is another Gypsy band, nice music!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Nov 18

@sonhouse
Compay Segundo playing the timeless "Chan Chan".
Note he is playing an 8 string guitar and not his
usual 7-string (armonico) which he invented.