To Rome With Love

To Rome With Love

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
31 Jul 12

Saw this with the wife. Four sketches, interwoven. We thought the story on celebrity was brilliant in concept, more than adequate in presentation. It would have made a good Charlie Chaplin silent. There was a bit too much slapstick in some sketches for my taste. Outstanding acting, though, and a visual treat. The general theme in my view was the power of seduction. Rome is like that. The power of one sketch's seduction was a little thinly presented, but OTOH both of the central characters in that sketch were seduced or almost seduced. As with many of Allen's movies, the US characters may be caricatures of Manhattanites in the 1%, or may be accurate!?

l

Moves
31 Jul 12

I don't know how accurately Woody Allen portrays the Manhattanites but at least that's the way I love to see them. I also love Woody Allens films - his music, his humour, people talking incessantly and showing emotions. The latest film I saw by him was "Midnight in Paris".

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
01 Aug 12

Just saw it tonight. I thought it was great. I loved it.

l

Moves
01 Aug 12

He is very special and to truly appreciate most of his films, you need to share his special kind of humour - you either love or dislike his work. Not all his films are humourous though, Match Point for one.
I will try to get To Rome With Love on DVD.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
12 Aug 12

I walked out of the movie, and I love Woody Allen movies. I think it's time he threw in the towell. He no longer makes quality stuff. Too bad, but everbody reaches a point where it's time to stop.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
12 Aug 12

Originally posted by buckky
I walked out of the movie, and I love Woody Allen movies. I think it's time he threw in the towell. He no longer makes quality stuff. Too bad, but everbody reaches a point where it's time to stop.
Walked out? Give me a break.