1. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 12:27
    There is a legitimate use for labels. For instance, do you rush right down to the retailer when someone tells you a new "Rap" cd is available? Labels delineate boundaries. They don't reveal a territory.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 16:18
    Originally posted by Palynka
    In generally, labels are for pansies who seek validation by exclusion. Like those who write "What JAZZ are you listening to?" or "What ROCK are you listening to?", the capital letters a product of their insecurity.
    Well, I would agree that labels such as "alternative", "indie" or "experimental" are meaningless. But a label such as "rock" genuinely tells you something about the song structure. From a musical history point of view, I don't see how you could do without such labels. It's like saying impressionism is not a style of painting.

OT: Jesu.
  3. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 16:39
    Originally posted by Palynka
    In generally, labels are for pansies who seek validation by exclusion. Like those who write "What JAZZ are you listening to?" or "What ROCK are you listening to?", the capital letters a product of their insecurity.
    We like to talk about music and hopefully finf new discoveries. I read all of the music threads. Hell, I listen to a lot of country as well.

So with jazz, blues, punk, riock, country, and gospal, where am I insecure.

I guess I don't get your point.
  4. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 03:14
    I'm listening to 'Strange Cousins from the West', the brand new Clutch album which I had pre-ordered and just arrived. 😀
  5. Germany
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 11:28
    Galaxie 500.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 13:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    they played Hamden park Glasgow last week, i never went, but they rocked the whole city apparently. My friend also went to see the Eagles on the fourth of July, they said it was almost a religious experience, totally awesome! i myself have only been to one seated concert, that being B.B. King, i prefer to stand up, pogo and try to catch the beer th ...[text shortened]... e! best gigs ive been to, Johnny Rotten and Public image limited, and Deborah Harry and Blondie
    I saw the Eagles at Twickenham a couple of years ago and was a bit dissapointed tbh. The set was ok and they were tight, but all the well known numbers were played before the light went down and the second evening set was lacking atmosphere.

U2 at Cardiff in August - should be good.

PS: That's not "beer" raining down on you my friend so I'd keep my tongue in if I were you!😵
  7. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 14:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I had to decline an offer of a last minute ticket to see them at Wembley last week - heard they were awesome. 😞
    The last time I saw them was 1986 Wurzburg, Germany. Great show! I imagine they are still very good.
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 18:25
    what you got- john lennon

one of his best songs.
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 Jul '09 06:35
    Today I was listening to Cream and the new Metallica Album. I think they kinda redeemed themselves musically but man they turned into a bunch of copyright freaks LOL. Lately STP and Pearl Jam. Missing that early 90's vibe. Oh & Beatles

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree