Moves
    26 Apr '09 16:22
    17. Drugstore Cowboy
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 17:12
    Originally posted by FMF

Kill Bill 1 and Kill Bill 2...cannot understand the wisespread admiration for these two... a true enigma to me... I concede that I may simply be totally in the wrong),

Shawshank Redemption (found it mawkish and contrivedly 'feel good' rather than a genuine study of the human condition... was I missing something? Loads of people rate it. Only watched it once. Any pointers if I were to try it again?)
    What's not to admire about two fantastic films, Kill Bill Vol one is definitely in my top 10 best films ever...for me it's an ultra violent masterpiece and a film I could watch again and again!

I'm a huge fan of Martial arts films (seen 200+) and to me the last fight where the bride kills about 70 people is easily the best fight sequece in the history of Cinema, I loved absolutely everything about this film!

I really enjoyed Vol 2 but I'll admit it wasn't near as good as Vol 1!

You really should watch Shawshank again, it's by an absolute mile the best film ever made in my opinion! It's an incredibly moving story of friendship, never giving up hope and keeping your dignity and I found it very insperational...when I look at it again I love things like how Red could survive on the outside when Brooks couldn't, how playing music made the prisoners feel free for a few minutes and the sheer magnitude of how audatious Andy's plan was...and Morgan Freemans naration is breathtaking!
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 22:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    My list would be horizontal, I wouldn't try to say one was 'better' than another, how would you compare Mrs Doubtfire to Light the red lantern for instance, both on my list.
    So in no particular order, Zardoz, 2001 space odyssey, Silent Running, Fargo, Contact, Silence of the Lambs, Birds, Citizen Kane, Mutiny on the Bounty (Marlin Brando version), Patriot ...[text shortened]... films I loved, and have seen twice, if anyone thinks there is one stinker in there, tell me!
    Zardoz?!?! The film that with a $1m budget could only manage to bring us this?

http://www.hobo-bonobo.co.uk/topten/images/0810122125374.jpg

Really?!?!
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 22:54
    I don't really go for top * lists, but I recently watched Dead Man with Johnny Depp; fantastic film. If you haven't seen it, it's worth it.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Apr '09 00:16
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Zardoz?!?! The film that with a $1m budget could only manage to bring us this?

http://www.hobo-bonobo.co.uk/topten/images/0810122125374.jpg

Really?!?!
    Well when you are stoned, it seemed a lot better🙂 So only one you don't like?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '09 05:55
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    Kill Bill Vol one is definitely in my top 10 best films ever...for me it's an ultra violent masterpiece and a film... to me the last fight where the bride kills about 70 people is easily the best fight sequece in the history of Cinema

You really should watch Shawshank again, ... It's an incredibly moving story of friendship, never giving up hope and keeping your dignity and I found it very insperational...
    I will give them a try again, then. I am particularly baffled by Kill Bill 1. I may have watched it when the mood wasn't right. I am rather curious now.
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    27 Apr '09 05:59
    1. Withnail & I
    2. The Wicker Man
  8. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    27 Apr '09 16:12
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    17. Drugstore Cowboy
    Nice. haven't seen that one in ages.

'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?' would be on my list.
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    27 Apr '09 22:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well when you are stoned, it seemed a lot better🙂 So only one you don't like?
    Well, now that you ask (rubs hands together gleefully):

Mrs. Doubtfire - I cannot fathom how this could get onto anyone's top 20 list.
    Beautiful Mind - Overworked, underscripted
    Men in Black - Average fun movie, not top 20 material, surely?
    Independence day (will Smith) - Indulgent, booyah crapola, with universal windows computer interfaces and cigars.
    Eraserhead - This is the sort of film which I think people put on their lists because they think they should. My opinion is that Eraserhead is a wonderfully creative piece of art which is also a dire piece of cinema. Top 20 pieces of visual art: yes, maybe. Top 20 films: never.
    Philadephia - ick
    Sleepless in Seattle - double ick
    You've got Mail - triple i...oh wait...
    Shawshank Redemption - Without a doubt the most overrated film of all time. It's a fairly well made film with a silly ending. Now if Morgan Freeman had hanged himself, or if Tim Robbins had drowned in the sewage pipe, or even both, that would have been a film worth watching.

I'll let you off on the rest 😉
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 03:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    1. Glengarry Glen Ross
    2. The King Of Comedy
    3. Love Liza
    4. Midnight Cowboy
    5. This Is Spinal Tap
    6. Bad Boy Bubby
    7. American Buffalo
    8. Death And The Maiden
    9. Elephant Man
    9. This Boy's Life
    10. Thin Red Line
    11. Taxi Driver
    11. Born On The Fourth Of July
    12. Salvador
    13. Big Night
    13. Naked
    14. Fahrenheit 451
    15. Walker
    15. Ragin ...[text shortened]... Apocalypse Now
    18. Jacknife
    18. Tootsie
    19. As Good As It gets
    19. Eraserhead
    20. Slacker
    21. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 09:17

Shawshank Redemption - Without a doubt the most overrated film of all time. It's a fairly well made film with a silly ending. Now if Morgan Freeman had hanged himself, or if Tim Robbins had drowned in the sewage pipe, or even both, that would have been a film worth watching.

I'll let you off on the rest 😉
    Silly ending?...it's regarded by many people as their favourite film moment ever due to it been probably the most audatios risk that any fictional character has ever taken! Their was about 200 things that could of went wrong, one of them been if their was a steel grate at the end of the sewage pipe

Morgan Fremman would of hung himself only for the fact that he had to find a field, and then follow the wall to a huge tree and under that tree he'd find a rock among the other rocks that didn't belong their...and under that rock theirs something waiting for him...how could anybody not be curious about what was under that rock particularly if you've spent the last few years in prison thinking about it! I think it's a cool touch the way the Warden tells him salvation lies in the bible, well it certainly did but not in the way he expected!

It's the ending that makes this film so unforgettable!
  12. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 09:21
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    Silly ending?...it's regarded by many people as their favourite film moment ever due to it been probably the most audatios risk that any fictional character has ever taken! Their was about 200 things that could of went wrong, one of them been if their was a steel grate at the end of the sewage pipe

Morgan Fremman would of hung himself only for the fact th ...[text shortened]... but not in the way he expected!

It's the ending that makes this film so unforgettable!
    I rest my case. Most overrated film ever.
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 09:33
    Shawshank Redemption is the O.K. Computer of this type of lists.
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 11:14
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Shawshank Redemption is the O.K. Computer of this type of lists.
    A coffee mat?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 May '09 10:52
    I rest my case. Most overrated film ever.
    I notice this rhetoric of yours is just criticisms of films. I don't see anything about what films you like, which is the topic here. Are you saying you would have done better at any of them, as good as maybe your singing?🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree