1. silicon valley
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 17:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    Invest in the same people who brought the $50/share down to $5/share? Er.....um.....no thanks.

I would stick with commodities.
    i thought those people all got jobs in the new White House.
  2. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 17:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    Selling fresh Japanese onigiri in all Circle K outlets in Indonesian cities.
    Well look who coughed up some dough and got his star back! 😉
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 18:13
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    pay off all your debts - then invest in an index fund.
    I'm with SleepyGuy on this one. Although I have minimal debt, I have been routinely outstripping the interest paid on even that small amount with the gains in the markets. Moreover, I need to carry some debt if I hope to perpetuate its use in the future.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 18:14
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Well look who coughed up some dough and got his star back! 😉
    He figured since he had $10K to invest, membership here is hardly drop in the bucket. And the returns!
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 18:22
    Originally posted by kmax87
    A123 Systems and LG Chem.

I'm waiting for Carbon Nano tube technology to mature though.

Because the cost of the batteries are a significant proportion of the total cost of the vehicle, investing in the companies that are setting up to lease the batteries may be the way to go. Like Greenstop and Think Car.

The power utilities themselves may want to g ...[text shortened]... lping to subsidize the battery cost in order to profit from your increased use of their energy.
    A123 Systems looks like they're on the upswing, but is the LG Chem ticker "LG CHEM NEW 144A AD?" I can find precious little about it.

Greenstop has a compelling website, but it looks as though they're still in the private sector--- but definitely a source for finding the pulse. Likewise for Think Car.

And you're definitely onto something with utilities. There's no way they'll leave themselves out of this next boon.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '11 12:30
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Well look who coughed up some dough and got his star back!
    Dough? No. Onigiri is made from rice and dried seaweed with a filling of some kind. You could shift 500,000 of them or more at $0.50 every day in Jakarta alone.
  7. Joined
    12 Jun '07
    Moves
    12 Jan '11 12:55
    Originally posted by kmax87
    yeah it looks like a first cousin of the iMiev
    True, but should be a cheaper alternative - Citreons always seem to be!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree