1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 18:27
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Original intent? Of which of the people who agreed to the Constitution?

Only an ignorant person would believe they were a monolithic group.
    What the majority of the Framers believed is sufficient to establish what the original intent of the document is.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 18:271 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    What the majority of the Framers believed is sufficient to establish what the original intent of the document is.
    What the majority of the Framers believed? Or what you believe they believed?

Oh, I forgot. Any discussion with you must accept the 'fact' that your beliefs are the correct beliefs.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 18:30
    You're an incredibly stupid man.

Making it easier for people to get married doesn't violate any type of Natural Right. It's a convenience to allow a pastor to perform a civil marriage ceremony, nothing more. If the Church doesn't want to perform marriage ceremonies, they don't have to. There is no compulsion and therefore no violation of any Church-St ...[text shortened]... gain?) are a clear violation of individual Natural Rights whether the majority want them or not.
    For as the lightning that flashes out of one part under heaven shines to the other part under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day. But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation. And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built; but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.

(Luke 17:24-30)
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 18:41
    What the majority of the Framers believed? Or what you believe they believed?

Oh, I forgot. Any discussion with you must accept the 'fact' that your beliefs are the correct beliefs.
    Accept whatever you want. I'm perfectly willing to present evidence supporting any of my claims.

The Framers didn't exactly make it a secret what they believed. They left voluminous public writings and private letters. Unless you, like finnegan, believe their actual writings are an elaborate cover story to hide their evil plans to enslave the rest of the world for their "master race", these documents are evidence of what they intended when they drafted and ratified the Constitution.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 18:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    For as the lightning that flashes out of one part under heaven shines to the other part under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day. But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation. And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: They ate, they drank, they married wives, they ...[text shortened]... m all. Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.

(Luke 17:24-30)
    Thanks for sharing. Spirituality is that way.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 18:44
    Accept whatever you want. I'm perfectly willing to present evidence supporting any of my claims.

The Framers didn't exactly make it a secret what they believed. They left voluminous public writings and private letters. Unless you, like finnegan, believe their actual writings are an elaborate cover story to hide their evil plans to enslave the rest of ...[text shortened]... se documents are evidence of what they intended when they drafted and ratified the Constitution.
    I give your evidence no more credit than you'd give mine.

We've played that game before. No, they didn't make it a secret, but now what they have written is open to as much liberal spinning as you'd like to put on it. Then you'd demand that I accept it as truth. I spit on that point of view.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 18:52
    I give your evidence no more credit than you'd give mine.

We've played that game before. No, they didn't make it a secret, but now what they have written is open to as much liberal spinning as you'd like to put on it. Then you'd demand that I accept it as truth. I spit on that point of view.
    Spitting is nasty and a bit girlish. Couldn't you do something more manly like smash my point of view under your gigantic pectoral muscles?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree