Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 10 Jan '15 05:23
    http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/01/08/islamic-genocide-boko-haram-slaughters-2000-in-one-day/

Looks like more Islamic groups are slaughtering around the globe.

There is no word yet on whether they were all cartoonists.
  2. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    10 Jan '15 06:02
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/01/08/islamic-genocide-boko-haram-slaughters-2000-in-one-day/

They need to work harder if they ever hope to achieve First World numbers:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-do-we-ignore-the-civilians-killed-in-american-wars/2011/12/05/gIQALCO4eP_story.html
  3. 11 Jan '15 02:49
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    They need to work harder if they ever hope to achieve First World numbers:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-do-we-ignore-the-civilians-killed-in-american-wars/2011/12/05/gIQALCO4eP_story.html
    So Muslims killing infidels in the name of religious purity is equal to Americans killing in their wars in the name of military conquest.

Got it.
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    11 Jan '15 06:35
    So Muslims killing infidels in the name of religious purity is equal to Americans killing in their wars in the name of military conquest.

Got it.
    Obviously Muslims killing each other in their own countries is far worse than Christians invading those countries and killing hundreds of times more people.

Right?
  5. 11 Jan '15 13:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Obviously Muslims killing each other in their own countries is far worse than Christians invading those countries and killing hundreds of times more people.

Right?
    I am not here to defend the likes of "W" and Obama for invading the said Muslim countries, but calling them both Christians is a bit of a stretch. Do you think either invaded those countries over religion?

Conversely, I believe that groups like ISIS and what we are seeing in Africa and around the world are a direct result of religion. These folks are targeting people based upon religion.

When comparing the likes of Stalin and Hitler, most see Hitler as far worse even though Stalin seems to have murdered far more. This is because Hitler targeted people based upon religion/race as where Stalin did such things out of his perceived political necessity.

Today, it would seem that Obama and "W" are more comparable to Stalin and Islam to Hitler in this regard.

Shrug, I'm not here to defend either because all of them belong in Hades.
  6. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    11 Jan '15 13:38
    I am not here to defend the likes of "W" and Obama for invading the said Muslim countries, but calling them both Christians is a bit of a stretch. Do you think either invaded those countries over religion?
    George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a senior Palestinian politician in an interview to be broadcast by the BBC later this month.
    Mr Bush revealed the extent of his religious fervour when he met a Palestinian delegation during the Israeli-Palestinian summit at the Egpytian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, four months after the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.

One of the delegates, Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."

Mr Bush, who became a born-again Christian at 40, is one of the most overtly religious leaders to occupy the White House, a fact which brings him much support in middle America.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

Please ask for more quotes demonstrating how wrong you are. They are such fun to repeat. (Shame about the Palestinian state of course).
  7. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    11 Jan '15 13:41 / 1 edit
    Mr Bush is in fact in the mainstream of recent presidents. As Michael Cromartie of the Ethics and Public Policy Centre points out, Jimmy Carter taught Sunday school while president. Bill Clinton talked about Jesus more often than Mr Bush and has spoken in more churches than Mr Bush has had rubber-chicken dinners.

Nor, in the American context, is the president's belief that God is involved in the world's affairs exactly ground-breaking. The last paragraph of the declaration of independence—no less—starts by appealing to the “Supreme Judge of the world” and ends “with a firm reliance on the protection of divine providence.” Both references in America's founding document are considerably more sectarian than Mr Bush's comment about God not being neutral between freedom and fear. They associate God with America's national interest; Mr Bush did not.
    http://www.economist.com/node/3502861

It's not exclusively bad news either, unless you are an American racist, which of course I would not wish to argue here:
    On his trip to Africa in 2003, Mr Bush visited a slave-trading post at Goree Island, in Senegal. “Christian men and women,” he said, “became blind to the clearest commands of their faith...Enslaved Africans discovered a suffering Saviour, and found he was more like themselves than their masters.”
    We know who the masters were / are.
  8. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    11 Jan '15 13:59
    The invasion of Iraq in 2003 was sold as a fight for freedom against the tyranny of Saddam Hussein and his weapons of mass destruction. But for former U.S. defence secretary Donald Rumsfeld and his elite Pentagon strategists, it was more like a religious crusade.

The daily briefings about the progress of the war that Mr Rumsfeld gave to President George W Bush were illustrated with victorious quotes from the Bible and gung-ho photographs of U.S. troops, it has emerged.

One of the top-secret 'worldwide intelligence updates', which were hand-delivered to Mr Bush by Mr Rumsfeld, includes an image of an F-18 Hornet fighter jet roaring off from the deck of an aircraft carrier. On it were the words of Psalm 139-9-10: 'If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast, O Lord.' The cover of another featured pictures of U.S. soldiers at prayer with a quote from Isaiah: 'Whom shall I send and who will go for us? Here I am Lord, Send me.'

A photograph of Saddam Hussein included a quotation from the First Epistle of Peter: 'It is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men.'

The religious theme for briefings prepared for the president and his war cabinet was the brainchild of Major General Glen Shaffer, a committed Christian and director for intelligence serving Mr Rumsfeld and the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

In the days before the six-week invasion, Major General Shaffer's staff had created humorous covers for the briefings to alleviate the stress of preparing for battle.

But as the body count rose, he decided to introduce biblical quotes.
    A defence official warned that if the briefing covers were leaked, the damage to America's standing in the Arab world 'would be as bad as Abu Ghraib' - the Baghdad prison where U.S. troops abused Iraqis.

But Major General Shaffer, 61, who retired in August 2003, six months after the invasion, claimed he had the backing of the president and defence secretary. When officials complained, he told them the practice would continue because it was 'appreciated by my seniors' - Mr Rumsfeld and Mr Bush.

Curiously or not, the same article with the same illustrations appears in a number of different places on the net.

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=6607

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1184546/Donald-Rumsfelds-holy-war-How-President-Bushs-Iraq-briefings-came-quotes-Bible.html
  9. 11 Jan '15 19:14

According to the Western world we need to be accepting and understanding of these people.
  10. 11 Jan '15 21:31
    Originally posted by finnegan
    [quote]George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a senior Palestinian politician in an interview to be broadcast by the BBC later this month.
    Mr Bush revealed the extent of his religious fervour when he met a Palestinian delegation during the Israeli-Palestinian summit at the E ...[text shortened]... g how wrong you are. They are such fun to repeat. (Shame about the Palestinian state of course).
    And Hitler said he was a Christian.

Shrug.

Bush went their for oil stupid, just like Obama went into Libya.
  11. 11 Jan '15 21:32 / 1 edit
    Mr Bush is in fact in the mainstream of recent presidents. As Michael Cromartie of the Ethics and Public Policy Centre points out, Jimmy Carter taught Sunday school while president. Bill Clinton talked about Jesus more often than Mr Bush and has spoken in more churches than Mr Bush has had rubber-chicken dinners.

Nor, in the American context, is t ...[text shortened]... ound he was more like themselves than their masters.”
    We know who the masters were / are.
    Bush was an idiot and an empty suit.

It appears to be a prerequisite for the job.

Now stop throwing the racist card around, it actually makes you sound more foolish than you already are, which is hard to fathom.
  12. 11 Jan '15 21:35
    Originally posted by Eladar
    According to the Western world we need to be accepting and understanding of these people.
    Has the IRS imposed a tax for not doing so yet?
  13. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    11 Jan '15 21:46
    Has the IRS imposed a tax for not doing so yet?
    Nurse. Nurse!! whodey just spat his dummy out again and he is drivelling all over our forum.
  14. 11 Jan '15 22:43
    Nurse. Nurse!! whodey just spat his dummy out again and he is drivelling all over our forum.
    Sorry, there is not enough staff these days due to Obamacare. :'(