1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 02:14
    How do you suppose 2012 will affect the stock market and economy? I bet some people are going to get awfully rich off of superstitious people.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 04:34
    I doubt it.
    If people are sure they are going to die, it shouldn't matter to them what happens with their stock
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 08:49
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    How do you suppose 2012 will affect the stock market and economy? I bet some people are going to get awfully rich off of superstitious people.
    I can offer the superstitios people eternal life if they send me all their money. If the apocalypse is here at the magical date in 2012, then they will be saved. Else, well, I cannot garantee anything...
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 09:05
    Originally posted by Ropespierre
    I doubt it.
    If people are sure they are going to die, it shouldn't matter to them what happens with their stock
    It could be something like people selling all their stock and having a wild party, or building a bunker and stocking up on canned food and ammo, or give their fortune to sick kids so they have a last day of joy...etc. Or they could buy stuff to signal aliens...
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 10:57
    It could be something like people selling all their stock and having a wild party, or building a bunker and stocking up on canned food and ammo, or give their fortune to sick kids so they have a last day of joy...etc. Or they could buy stuff to signal aliens...
    I would expect something like the Olympics to have a large impact on the economy. There probably just aren't enough people who believe in those things enough to go through with it that it would affect the economy that way.
    Was there a noticeable effect in 2000?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 12:151 edit
    But what if the world does come to an end? Who will look stupid then spanky?

Its like my pappy always said, if you have to die in the apocolypse come 2012, you better die a poor man!!

Now who do I write those checks out to Faby?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 12:33
    Originally posted by whodey
    Now who do I write those checks out to Faby?
    Just cache your fortune into $20 dollar bills, put them all in a box, and sent it to me.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 12:381 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Just cache your fortune into $20 dollar bills, put them all in a box, and sent it to me.
    The way Obama is printing money, you may want to ask for something substantive like some precious metals or something. I know, how about I mail you my silverware? So what will it be? Forks, spoons, knives, or the who kit and kabootle? Of course, if you would rather have my monopoly money then so be it.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 12:58
    Yes. These people go by the name of "Hollywood producers".
  10. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 14:53
    it'll be a really good year for the people who make tin foil.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 17:55
    I think the number of people who actually believe this kind of stuff is too small for there to be any macroeconomic impact.
  12. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 18:26
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I think the number of people who actually believe this kind of stuff is too small for there to be any macroeconomic impact.
    but there's enough of them to enrich a good number of talk show hosts.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree