1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 15:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    And what tangible economic impact does the "racism", of these 'minorities' you speak of, have on the status and prospects of the 'whites'?

You people who try to fob "racism" off as harmless name-calling and insignificant prejudice are little better than apologists. The "racism" that needs to be eradicated is the racist discrimination that perpetuates real life concrete injustice and inequality of opportunity.
    I don't think you can eliminate some types of racism without fighting all types of racism.

To say, "Well, we have to fight racism that hurts people but we can let racism without power behind it to stand" is not, IMHO, very realistic.

All racism has to be opposed.
  2. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 15:18
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    what does this statement of yours have to do w/ the price of tea in China?
    it depreciates the price by about $377/tonne, which would if allowed too flow back to the growers on the land, would give economic equity to those who now apparently enjoy social equality.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 15:21
    Originally posted by sh76
    "Well, we have to fight racism that hurts people but we can let racism without power behind it to stand"
    And who is it you think proposed such a thing on this thread?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 15:23
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    What groups are suffering here in the U.S. FMF through racism?
    More feigned ignorance. How revealing.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 16:311 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    And who is it you think proposed such a thing on this thread?
    The "racism" that needs to be eradicated is the racist discrimination that perpetuates real life concrete injustice and inequality of opportunity.

That seems to imply that racism that does not perpetuate real life concrete injustice and inequality of opportunity can be allowed to stand.
  6. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 16:37
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    You mean these guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU&feature=related

Should've been arrested on the spot, Philly police were asleep at the wheel that day. Probably were afraid of being called racist.
    do you still think black people are out to take over white neighborhoods with their evil diversity?
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 20:02
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    do you still think black people are out to take over white neighborhoods with their evil diversity?
    No, never did.
  8. silicon valley
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 23:201 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Your whole post is "crying racism", so what are you benefiting from it may I ask?

In my experience, even though such problems as racism never just 'go away', the actions and attitudes of leaders has a very significant effect on public opinion. In Zambia, we had a change of president, and the new president spoke out against corruption. It was amazing ho ...[text shortened]... bia and as a result has made those problems far worse in Zimbabwe than they were previously.
    there's no such thing as reverse racism, how could the post cry racism!?!?

true on the rest of it ... although you just get lucky if the leaders really mean. one can guess that most of the leaders are nominally against corruption. but a lot are actually in on it, so are just paying lip service. i wonder if estrada (phillipines) won on an anti-corruption platform (he was a populist), before being impeached.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 23:39
    Originally posted by sh76
    [b]The "racism" that needs to be eradicated is the racist discrimination that perpetuates real life concrete injustice and inequality of opportunity.

That seems to imply that racism that does not perpetuate real life concrete injustice and inequality of opportunity can be allowed to stand.[/b]
    Bravo. Pure pedantry. It is a comment about prioritization and proportion. Clearly.
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 15:46
    Originally posted by daniel58
    No, never did.
    I wasn't talking to you.

that question was directed at sam the sham.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree