1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 07:29
    In a rare show of bipartisanship, Republican Sen. Cory Gardner and Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren crafted legislation that would allow states to make the final decision on whether or not pot will be legal. It aims to make marijuana businesses less vulnerable to federal crackdowns. The president Friday told reporters he’s considering the bill and will “probably” support signing it.

I live in a state where pot has been legal for awhile, my state welcomes the extra tax revenue, in addition, law enforcement officials have expressed relief they can now spend their time and resources pursuing violent crimes, rather than clogging up the courts with pot offences.

Let us hope "The Donald" can focus on the benefits of this long enough to sign it into law.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jun/8/donald-trump-probably-board-bipartisan-pot-bill/
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 08:18
    Originally posted by @mchill
    In a rare show of bipartisanship, Republican Sen. Cory Gardner and Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren crafted legislation that would allow states to make the final decision on whether or not pot will be legal. It aims to make marijuana businesses less vulnerable to federal crackdowns. The president Friday told reporters he’s considering the bill and will “prob ...[text shortened]... https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jun/8/donald-trump-probably-board-bipartisan-pot-bill/
    If a State legalizes pot, do people who have been jailed for using / selling pot in that State get out of prison?
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 09:44
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    If a State legalizes pot, do people who have been jailed for using / selling pot in that State get out of prison?
    No. Changes to the law are not retroactive.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 11:36
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Presumably they could be pardoned as have "offenders" of laws against homosexuality.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 13:561 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Presumably they could be pardoned as have "offenders" of laws against homosexuality.
    But probably won't unless Kim gets the ear of POTUS again.....

Mr. President, I just found out about these 24,000 prisoners....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree