1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 18:27
    Yep, I've thought about it for the last 5 minutes and come to the conclusion that our federal government sucks and should be abolished.

Let the 50 states become independant countries and take care of themselves and screw the federal government.

All the government of The United States Of America does is keep an enormous military in place and cost a gazzillion dollars a year.

We don't need it and neither does the world.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 18:351 edit
    Originally posted by Zapp Brannigan
    Yep, I've thought about it for the last 5 minutes and come to the conclusion that our federal government sucks and should be abolished.

Let the 50 states become independant countries and take care of themselves and screw the federal government.

All the government of The United States Of America does is keep an enormous military in place and cost a gazzillion dollars a year.

We could ignore them like they ignore the federal immigration laws and War Powers Act.

Brilliant!!

I made the mistake of watching Dems and the GOP square off on discussing the debt ceiling. All both are interested in doing is demonizing the other. One side is extremist for not wanting what the other wants them to do.

It's just a shame that politicians are lawyers. Hearing professional debaters go at each other ad nauseum is almost as bad as watching the country go down the tubes.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 18:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    We could ignore them like they ignore the federal immigration laws and War Powers Act.

Brilliant!!

I made the mistake of watching Dems and the GOP square off on discussing the debt ceiling. All both are interested in doing is demonizing the other. One side is extremist for not wanting what the other wants them to do.

It's just a shame that politi ...[text shortened]... ebaters go at each other ad nauseum is almost as bad as watching the country go down the tubes.
    I know, it's genius, came to me in a flash.
    I suppose there's plenty of bugs to be ironed out, but Jebus, most of the world hates the Big Bad United States and a lot of Americans don't like it either, so let the states become truly independant and get rid of this federal behemoth that doesn't really do anything for us except occupy military bases all over the world and let the states figure out how best to serve their citizens..
  4. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 18:56

Do you have any other good ideas?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 19:18
    I know, it's genius, came to me in a flash.
    I suppose there's plenty of bugs to be ironed out, but Jebus, most of the world hates the Big Bad United States and a lot of Americans don't like it either, so let the states become truly independant and get rid of this federal behemoth that doesn't really do anything for us except occupy military bases all over the world and let the states figure out how best to serve their citizens..
    Its a little thing called "Federalism". Try looking it up. I worked for about 2 centuries or so before becoming obsolete.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 19:21
    Its a little thing called "Federalism". Try looking it up. I worked for about 2 centuries or so before becoming obsolete.
    Yes, obsolete, I'm thinking more and more that it's time to get rid of it.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 19:22
    I worked for about 2 centuries or so before becoming obsolete.

You worked for 2 centuries and you're now obsolete?!
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 19:24
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]I worked for about 2 centuries or so before becoming obsolete.

You worked for 2 centuries and you're now obsolete?![/b]
    "It" worked, not I worked.

Obviously, the computer made a mistake by not accepting the "T". 😛
  9. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 19:24
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]I worked for about 2 centuries or so before becoming obsolete.

You worked for 2 centuries and you're now obsolete?![/b]
    That's a pretty good record!
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 19:251 edit
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    That's a pretty good record!
    It's true. I was employed for 2 centuries until the Obama administration changed all that. I even made it through the Great Depression with a job. Now I just think of all the good old centuries to pass the time.
  11. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 19:39
    It's true. I was employed for 2 centuries until the Obama administration changed all that. I even made it through the Great Depression with a job. Now I just think of all the good old centuries to pass the time.
    You must have happy memories. What was it like to root for the Reds during their perfect season of 1869?
  12. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 19:55
    Originally posted by quackquack
    You must have happy memories. What was it like to root for the Reds during their perfect season of 1869?
    Holy crap, a baseball team had a perfect season?
  13. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 20:32
    All both are interested in doing is demonizing the other. One side is extremist for not wanting what the other wants them to do.
    What's your take on Obama's recent offers to include cuts to entitlements in exchange for ending certain tax loopholes?
  14. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 20:33

The states most likely to embrace that idea would probably be the states most likely to suffer the most for doing so.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 20:33
    The States being independent countries is "Federalism"?

Better blow the dust off that history book, whodey.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree