Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 21 Oct '16 00:31
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Poland

    Beginning on 3 October 2016, many Polish women went on strike to protest
    proposed legislation that would completely ban abortion (making Poland,
    like the Vatican, one of the most anti-abortion societies in Europe).
    These mass protests seem to have influenced some politicians.

    Even though abortion has been legal under some circumstances in Poland,
    it's estimated that the overwhelming majority of abortions are illegal,
    given the legal restrictions and the refusal of many doctors to perform them.
    Polish women may seek abortions in neighboring Germany.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Innocents_(2016_film)

    The 2016 French-Polish film, 'The Innocents', is based (with embellishments)
    upon the experiences of Madeleine Pauliac (1912-1946), a French doctor
    who was appointed as chief of medicine at a Warsaw hospital in early 1945.
    Then she had to take care of many Polish women who had been impregnated
    after being raped by 'liberating' Soviet soldiers. She was shocked to
    discover (in convents) nuns who had been impregnated after being gang-raped.
    She wrote that she knew of 25 Polish nuns who had been gang-raped.
    15 of them were murdered after being raped. The ten survivors had been
    raped an estimated 35-50 times each. Five of them had been impregnated.

    Contrary to the belief that a Catholic nun must be absolutely 'pro-life' and
    never would consider abortion, Dr Pauliac wrote that the impregnated nuns
    asked her advice and inquired (in veiled terms) about the possibility of abortion.
    But abortion was absolutely illegal in Poland. All the impregnated nuns
    were compelled to give birth. Their babies were sent to orphanages.

    In 1945 Germany, where many more women and girls had been raped
    and impregnated by Soviet soldiers, the Catholic authorities in some places
    granted special dispensations for Catholic women to get abortions and
    Catholic doctors to perform them. This was one of the rare cases when
    the Catholic authorities have allowed abortion.

    My point is that a woman may sincerely hold 'pro-life' or 'pro-choice' beliefs
    *before* she actually has to make that choice. And when that moment
    comes, she may feel differently. A 'pro-choice' woman may find herself
    unable to go through with an abortion. Or a 'pro-life woman (such as
    a raped nun) may desperately wish that she could have an abortion.
  2. 21 Oct '16 01:52 / 1 edit
    Meanwhile in Saudi Arabia, women are being sold as sex slaves by members of ISIS.

    http://www.teaparty.org/isis-sex-slaves-auctioned-saudi-arabia-hillarys-top-donor-country-189009/

    Funny how only PC issues for women are your only focus.

    So what is worse I wonder, being forced not to kill your child or being sold as a sex slave?
  3. 21 Oct '16 02:21
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/oct/06/victory-abortion-rights-empowered-polish-women

    "This Victory on Abortion Rights has Empowered Polish Women: We'll Never be the Same"
    --Krystyna Kacpura (6 October 2016)

    "7 million women went on strike all over Poland to protest the draconian law
    (banning abortion) and pushed the government to back down."

    "That the existing law (on abortion) is restrictive on paper, but even more so in practice.
    We don't have adequate sex education, we don't have access to modern contraception,
    and we barely have access to legal abortion. ... So our fight must continue."
    --Krstyna Kacpura

    Swoboda naszych Polskich siostr!
  4. 21 Oct '16 02:32 / 1 edit
    God forbid the majority of the people from another area of the world have a differing view of abortion than Hillary Clinton.

    They must conform. Not only that, there are jobs at stake. The abortion industry takes in over a billion dollars a year in the US alone. Now Hillary wants to increase the money with taxpayer dollars.
  5. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    21 Oct '16 04:30
    Originally posted by whodey
    God forbid the majority of the people from another area of the world have a differing view of abortion than Hillary Clinton.

    They must conform. Not only that, there are jobs at stake. The abortion industry takes in over a billion dollars a year in the US alone. Now Hillary wants to increase the money with taxpayer dollars.
    Her comments at the debate were absolutely slapstick regarding Planned Parenthood.
    Supports them for the cancer screening?
    Seriously?
    They're a referral agency in such matters; nothing more, nothing less.
    According to Clinton, the government (and here we must speak in hushed and reverent tones) must never be involved in health issues of women.
    The exceptions, of course, is: except when the government totally is involved.
    Like Medicare, Obama-really-care(s), and etc..
    What a farcical affair!
  6. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    21 Oct '16 07:08
    Why is this thread about Clinton?

    Not everything is US related. Please keep the discussions on trailer trash politics in the appropriate threads.
  7. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    21 Oct '16 07:40
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/oct/06/victory-abortion-rights-empowered-polish-women

    "This Victory on Abortion Rights has Empowered Polish Women: We'll Never be the Same"
    --Krystyna Kacpura (6 October 2016)

    "7 million women went on strike all over Poland to protest the draconian law
    (banning abortion) and pushed the government to ba ...[text shortened]... ortion. ... So our fight must continue."
    --Krstyna Kacpura

    Swoboda naszych Polskich siostr!
    One small step for a woman, one large step for womankind.
  8. 21 Oct '16 08:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    Meanwhile in Saudi Arabia, women are being sold as sex slaves by members of ISIS.

    http://www.teaparty.org/isis-sex-slaves-auctioned-saudi-arabia-hillarys-top-donor-country-189009/

    Funny how only PC issues for women are your only focus.

    So what is worse I wonder, being forced not to kill your child or being sold as a sex slave?
    to every problem there will always be a worse one somewhere else in the world. many times, completely unrelated but that won't bother the douchebag that tries to disrupt a legitimate conversation on the former issue
  9. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    21 Oct '16 09:48
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Why is this thread about Clinton?

    Not everything is US related. Please keep the discussions on trailer trash politics in the appropriate threads.
    Abortion is a hot topic for all developed nations.
    Any discussion on the topic, whether centered on the politics, the morality, or any other facet thereof is expected.
    For instance, you could intone on a personal level and regale us "trailer trash" with an amusing anecdote regarding your mother's failed abortion, resulting in your eventual path to here.
  10. 21 Oct '16 10:12
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Why is this thread about Clinton?

    Not everything is US related. Please keep the discussions on trailer trash politics in the appropriate threads.
    Buckle up there Shave, we have 8 more years of all Hillary threads
  11. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    21 Oct '16 11:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    Buckle up there Shave, we have 8 more years of all Hillary threads
    Why not four? Is there no room for improvement in US politics?
  12. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    21 Oct '16 11:53
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Why not four? Is there no room for improvement in US politics?
    It would require a huge flush/reset and a complete overhaul of the gamed system.
    That can never happen: too many powerful and insidious foreign interests with far too much skin in the game to disallow 'business as usual' politics, i.e., corruption, to think they would ever simply give up in this cancerous sow.
    While Trump talks a good 'they're all crooked' game, his "roasting" of Clinton at the A. Smith charity event was way too chummy to be indicative of Trump as a true outsider.
    Even despite the four or so minutes of very uncomfortable barbs he lobbied, the entire night's tenor was collegiate and friendly to think that either of them are anything other than bookends of the same library.
    In between: the rigged system.
  13. 21 Oct '16 11:59
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Why not four? Is there no room for improvement in US politics?
    Well let's see, the ones the GOP are looking at to run against Hillary include:

    1. Dennis Rodman
    2. Bill Cosby
    3. A homeless man living in a van down by the river.
  14. 21 Oct '16 12:01 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    It would require a huge flush/reset and a complete overhaul of the gamed system.
    That can never happen: too many powerful and insidious foreign interests with far too much skin in the game to disallow 'business as usual' politics, i.e., corruption, to think they would ever simply give up in this cancerous sow.
    While Trump talks a good 'they're all crooke ...[text shortened]... er of them are anything other than bookends of the same library.
    In between: the rigged system.
    Most don't fully understand the institutionalized corruption and still have a naïve belief that democracy is easy and free.

    The fact of the matter is, people like Trump was anything but an insider. He was good friends with the Clintons and was well connected. To be President, you must be in the inner circle, rich, well connected, and sell your soul to one of the two parties, etc. That becomes a very short list. At the end of the process, you must bow before Soros and agree to surrender your soul and first born to him, making it an even shorter list.

    Voting has become a complete waste of time, unless you are voting for local issues. I think that is what I'll do, I'll vote for local issues and leave the rest blank. Besides, I'm a conservative, something that has no place in the behemoth never ending expansive federal government.
  15. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    21 Oct '16 12:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    Most don't fully understand the institutionalized corruption and still have a naïve belief that democracy is easy and free.

    The fact of the matter is, people like Trump was anything but an insider. He was good friends with the Clintons and was well connected. To be President, you must be in the inner circle, rich, well connected, and sell your soul to on ...[text shortened]... ervative, something that has no place in the behemoth never ending expansive federal government.
    So you are following your troll MO, take over a thread with bullshyte having nothing to do with the Op. Why don't you start your own thread about your beloved subjects elsewhere. Say on Mars. Better yet, why don't you set fire to your computer so we adults don't have to read your crap.