1. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 04:31
    A survey of 1,248 professors at state universities revealed that 48% of those professors identified themselves as conservative. There is wanton liberal ideological indoctrination of our nation's youth occurring at taxpayer-funded state universities in every state in the nation every day of the academic year.

Government programs exist to correct imbalances. I think a government program is needed to correct this imbalance. I hereby propose affirmative action for conservative professors. There will be quotas established which all universities receiving taxpayer funds must adhere to.

After all, if we're now the minority, we need protection, right?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 14:41
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    A survey of 1,248 professors at state universities revealed that 48% of those professors identified themselves as conservative. There is wanton liberal ideological indoctrination of our nation's youth occurring at taxpayer-funded state universities in every state in the nation every day of the academic year.

Government programs exist to correct im ...[text shortened]... ayer funds must adhere to.

After all, if we're now the minority, we need protection, right?
    52% vs. 48% is not statistically any different than 50/50. No doubt the margin of error covers the difference. "This is not the imbalance you're looking for..."

I think you're grabbing at straws.
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 20:221 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    52% vs. 48% is not statistically any different than 50/50. No doubt the margin of error covers the difference. "This is not the imbalance you're looking for..."

I think you're grabbing at straws.
    Sorry Suzianne. I got that all wrong. 48% of professors identified themselves as progressive. I also meant that only 17% of college professors surveyed identified themselves as conservative, and 31% described themselves as moderate either way.

17% is clearly an underrepresented minority. We need a government program to address this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree