Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    17 Aug '12 20:39
    Finally, we can put to rest the debate on whether the "wiped off the map" remark was in or out of context or translated properly. Today he ratcheted it up from mere "wiped off the map" comment.

http://news.yahoo.com/tumour-israel-soon-destroyed-ahmadinejad-091548418.html

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told an annual anti-Israel protest in Tehran on Friday that the Jewish state was a "cancerous tumour" that will soon be excised, drawing Western rebukes.

Washington said Ahmadinejad's statements were "reprehensible", while Paris viewed them as "outrageous."

Ahmadinejad's diatribe against Israel in his Quds (Jerusalem) Day address was the latest in a long line to have drawn criticism from Western governments.

"The Zionist regime and the Zionists are a cancerous tumour," he said.

"The nations of the region will soon finish off the usurper Zionists in the Palestinian land.... A new Middle East will definitely be formed. With the grace of God and help of the nations, in the new Middle East there will be no trace of the Americans and Zionists," he said.

Unless there's a translation error, the statement "The nations of the region will soon finish off the usurper Zionists in the Palestinian land" would seem to leave little doubt as to the sentiment expressed in the wiped off the map comment.
  2. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    17 Aug '12 20:44 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    Finally, we can put to rest the debate on whether the "wiped off the map" remark was in or out of context or translated properly. Today he ratcheted it up from mere "wiped off the map" comment.

[quote]Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told an annual anti-Israel protest in Te little doubt as to the sentiment expressed in the wiped off the map comment.
    It's like he's begging for Israel to start bombing.

Edit: Oh yeah, and you're clearly biased, because ... well, you know ...
  3. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    17 Aug '12 20:45
    Some of what you quoted wasn't Ahmadinejad.

"The Zionist regime and the Zionists are a cancerous tumour," he said.

"The nations of the region will soon finish off the usurper Zionists in the Palestinian land.... A new Middle East will definitely be formed. With the grace of God and help of the nations, in the new Middle East there will be no trace of the Americans and Zionists," he said.

I have no problem believing that Israeli Zionism is dominated by corrupt Jewish organized crime tradition. They're probably Ashkenazim. Do I have any direct evidence? No. Do I care? Not very much. Iran is controlled by the same thing, but the Shi'ite Aryan version. I don't live there, don't live close to there, have no financial interests there, have no major ethnic prejudices about anyone around there. But the possibility puts his comments in a context which suggests he's not talking genocide.
  4. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    17 Aug '12 20:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    It's like he's begging for Israel to start bombing.

Sometimes goading an opponent into attacking is an effective strategy.

My ex-girlfriend's mom, a Jewish lady from New York, once told me to watch my back when doing business with Israelis.

EDIT - Maybe she was just overly impressed by the old history of the Kosher Nostra, Murder Inc etc which are all in the past of course and didn't know what she was talking about.
  5. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    17 Aug '12 21:07 / 1 edit

[quote]Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told an annual anti-Israel protest in Te little doubt as to the sentiment expressed in the wiped off the map comment.

Even someone as illogically biased as you regarding anything having to do with Israel should be able to see how silly and fallacious such an argument is.
  6. 17 Aug '12 21:14
    I would love to take on Iran,,,, bring them on.... we'll wipe them off the face of the earth.. this has been going on since the days of Abraham.. time to get it over with.
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    17 Aug '12 21:16 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    The first defense of every single ethnic organized crime tradition - "YOU RACIST!!!!"

EDIT - Their first prey - their own people. Every ethnic group has people like this.
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    17 Aug '12 21:23
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    I would love to take on Iran,,,, bring them on.... we'll wipe them off the face of the earth.. this has been going on since the days of Abraham.. time to get it over with.
    We Americans are supposed to be neutral in these ethnic squabbles.
  9. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    17 Aug '12 22:25
    Originally posted by no1marauder

Even someone as illogically biased as you regarding anything having to do with Israel should be able to see how silly and fallacious such an argument is.
    Here we go again.

So, pray tell.

What does "The nations of the region will soon finish off the usurper Zionists in the Palestinian land" mean in your mind?

Oh, I almost forgot.

There, that's better.
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    17 Aug '12 22:33
    Here we go again.

So, pray tell.

What does "The nations of the region will soon finish off the usurper Zionists in the Palestinian land" mean in your mind?

Oh, I almost forgot.

There, that's better.
    Who's been publicly threatening to attack whom for the last year or so?

These remarks have nothing to do with the remarks from years ago and it is disingenuous (at best - I'd say deceitful and dishonest) to say they "shed light" on the previous comments. The previous comments were not made when Israel was aggressively pounding the drums of war.
  11. 17 Aug '12 22:34
    There is self-parody... and then there is Ahmadinejad.
  12. 17 Aug '12 23:05
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    We Americans are supposed to be neutral in these ethnic squabbles.
    ya I suppose, kind of like Libya? I was thinking back to the old days when carter was faced with getting our people out of Iran,, he didn't fare to well, the other guy did, the one who replaced him,, what was his name again?
    This will always be a thorn in our sides,,
    According to Islamic tradition, Abraham had eight sons rather than two who were reared in Mecca, not Hebron. They insist it was Ishmael, not Isaac, whom Abraham was about to sacrifice on Mount Moriah when an angel stopped him. According to the Koran, the Abrahamic covenant, with its promises - including the title deed to the land of Israel - was passed down to the Arabs through Ishmael, rather than to the Jews through Isaac.

so lets just do it...:-)
  13. 18 Aug '12 00:04
    A prominent Saudi Arabian religious cleric declared that the Holocaust is an “exaggeration” and that Jewish people consume the blood of children during a wide-ranging interview with an Arabic television station.

Saudi cleric Salman Al-Odeh, a well-known scholar revered by millions globally, went on a lengthy tirade against the Jews during an interview Monday in which he stated that “the role of the Jews is to wreak destruction, to wage war, and to practice deception and extortion,” according to a translation of his remarks by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI).
  14. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    18 Aug '12 00:23
    I was thinking back to the old days when carter was faced with getting our people out of Iran,, he didn't fare to well, the other guy did, the one who replaced him,, what was his name again?
    You mean the one who sold arms to Iran in the 80s?
  15. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    18 Aug '12 00:53
    ya I suppose, kind of like Libya? I was thinking back to the old days when carter was faced with getting our people out of Iran,, he didn't fare to well, the other guy did, the one who replaced him,, what was his name again?
    This will always be a thorn in our sides,,
    According to Islamic tradition, Abraham had eight sons rather than two who were reared ...[text shortened]... o the Arabs through Ishmael, rather than to the Jews through Isaac.

so lets just do it...:-)
    Libya is because Gaddafi imported mercenaries to brutalize his own people.