Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 02 Aug '10 17:43
    NEWS
    Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At UN Headquarters

    Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad
    August 02, 2010
    Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad today called on U.S. President Barack Obama to face him in a televised debate about how to solve the world's problems.

    Ahmadinejad told reporters in Tehran he hopes Obama will be ready for "one-on-one talks" in front of reporters at the United Nations headquarters in New York next month.

    The Iranian leader also criticized Obama for missing what Ahmadinejad called "historic opportunities" to repair broken relations with Iran.


    Ahmadinejad previously proposed a debate with former U.S. President George W. Bush, but the suggestion was declined.

    There was no immediate response from the Obama White House on Ahmadinejad's proposal.

    That would be fun. I wonder if Obama would/should take it?
  2. 02 Aug '10 17:48
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    NEWS
    Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At UN Headquarters

    Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad
    August 02, 2010
    [b]Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad today called on U.S. President Barack Obama to face him in a televised debate about how to solve the world's problems.

    Ahmadinejad told reporters in Tehran he hopes Obama will be ready for "one ...[text shortened]... adinejad's proposal.

    [b] That would be fun. I wonder if Obama would/should take it?
    [/b]
    I nominate you to carry our standard into this battle. Once the Iranians get a taste of the kind of crazy we are capable of they should immediately lay down their arms and surrender. Ahmadinejad will beg to carry your books and wear your class ring. Good luck! You will shoulder the weight of the future of Western Civilization!
  3. 02 Aug '10 17:52
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    I nominate you to carry our standard into this battle. Once the Iranians get a taste of the kind of crazy we are capable of they should immediately lay down their arms and surrender. Ahmadinejad will beg to carry your books and wear your class ring. Good luck! You will shoulder the weight of the future of Western Civilization!
    What a great idea! I wish I thought of that!
    U.N. Here I come!!!
  4. Standard member DrKF
    incipit parodia
    02 Aug '10 18:19
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    What a great idea! I wish I thought of that!
    U.N. Here I come!!!
    I'd be happy to pay good money to see that.

    'No, Mr Ahmadinejad, Mr Obama will not face you. But they have put forward... another.'
  5. 02 Aug '10 19:36
    I'd certainly watch that! Though I doubt it will happen.
  6. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    02 Aug '10 23:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    NEWS
    Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At UN Headquarters

    Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad
    August 02, 2010
    Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad today called on U.S. President Barack Obama to face him in a televised debate about how to solve the world's problems.

    Ahmadinejad told reporters in Tehran he hopes Obama will be ready for "one adinejad's proposal.

    [b] That would be fun. I wonder if Obama would/should take it?
    [/b]
    I'd pay good cash money to see that.
  7. 03 Aug '10 01:28
    Well, didn't our President say he would work with diplomacy...why not start there?
  8. 03 Aug '10 01:28
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I'd pay good cash money to see that.
    I think we all would
  9. 03 Aug '10 17:20 / 3 edits
    We could have a live, televised forum in which ALL of the major world leaders gather with the major Islamic leaders (including Ahmadinejad) to discuss how to bridge misunderstandings involving Islam and figuring out effective ways for reducing future conflicts. Topics for discussion would include the Middle East, nuclear power, and guaranteeing equal rights for women & minority groups.
  10. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    03 Aug '10 17:37
    Nope. This is an attempt to make Ahmad look more important, that's all. Ignore him.
  11. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    03 Aug '10 17:42
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    We could have a live, televised forum in which ALL of the major world leaders gather with the major Islamic leaders (including Ahmadinejad) to discuss how to bridge misunderstandings involving Islam and figuring out effective ways for reducing future conflicts. Topics for discussion would include the Middle East, nuclear power, and guaranteeing equal rights for women & minority groups.
    Too many people makes a boring debate...

    Make it a series of one-on-ones; or at least limit each session to no more than 3 or 4 leaders.
  12. 03 Aug '10 22:10
    Is Hugo Chavez invited??