1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 17:43
    NEWS
    Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At UN Headquarters

Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad
    August 02, 2010
    Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad today called on U.S. President Barack Obama to face him in a televised debate about how to solve the world's problems.

Ahmadinejad told reporters in Tehran he hopes Obama will be ready for "one-on-one talks" in front of reporters at the United Nations headquarters in New York next month.

The Iranian leader also criticized Obama for missing what Ahmadinejad called "historic opportunities" to repair broken relations with Iran.

Ahmadinejad previously proposed a debate with former U.S. President George W. Bush, but the suggestion was declined.

There was no immediate response from the Obama White House on Ahmadinejad's proposal.

That would be fun. I wonder if Obama would/should take it?
  2. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 17:48
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    NEWS

August 02, 2010
    [b]Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad today called on U.S. President Barack Obama to face him in a televised debate about how to solve the world's problems.

Ahmadinejad told reporters in Tehran he hopes Obama will be ready for "one ...[text shortened]... adinejad's proposal.

[b] That would be fun. I wonder if Obama would/should take it?
    [/b]
    I nominate you to carry our standard into this battle. Once the Iranians get a taste of the kind of crazy we are capable of they should immediately lay down their arms and surrender. Ahmadinejad will beg to carry your books and wear your class ring. Good luck! You will shoulder the weight of the future of Western Civilization!
  3. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 17:52
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    I nominate you to carry our standard into this battle. Once the Iranians get a taste of the kind of crazy we are capable of they should immediately lay down their arms and surrender. Ahmadinejad will beg to carry your books and wear your class ring. Good luck! You will shoulder the weight of the future of Western Civilization!
    What a great idea! I wish I thought of that!
    U.N. Here I come!!!
  4. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 18:19
    What a great idea! I wish I thought of that!
    U.N. Here I come!!!
    I'd be happy to pay good money to see that.

'No, Mr Ahmadinejad, Mr Obama will not face you. But they have put forward... another.'
  5. Germany
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 19:36
    I'd certainly watch that! Though I doubt it will happen.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 23:541 edit
    NEWS

August 02, 2010
    Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad today called on U.S. President Barack Obama to face him in a televised debate about how to solve the world's problems.

Ahmadinejad told reporters in Tehran he hopes Obama will be ready for "one adinejad's proposal.

[b] That would be fun. I wonder if Obama would/should take it?
    [/b]
    I'd pay good cash money to see that.
  7. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 01:28
    Well, didn't our President say he would work with diplomacy...why not start there?
  8. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 01:28
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I'd pay good cash money to see that.
    I think we all would
  9. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 17:203 edits
    We could have a live, televised forum in which ALL of the major world leaders gather with the major Islamic leaders (including Ahmadinejad) to discuss how to bridge misunderstandings involving Islam and figuring out effective ways for reducing future conflicts. Topics for discussion would include the Middle East, nuclear power, and guaranteeing equal rights for women & minority groups.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 17:37
    Nope. This is an attempt to make Ahmad look more important, that's all. Ignore him.
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 17:42
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    We could have a live, televised forum in which ALL of the major world leaders gather with the major Islamic leaders (including Ahmadinejad) to discuss how to bridge misunderstandings involving Islam and figuring out effective ways for reducing future conflicts. Topics for discussion would include the Middle East, nuclear power, and guaranteeing equal rights for women & minority groups.
    Too many people makes a boring debate...

Make it a series of one-on-ones; or at least limit each session to no more than 3 or 4 leaders.
  12. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 22:10
    Is Hugo Chavez invited??

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree