Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscriber moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    16 Aug '17 15:35
    http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-40862235

    One thing bothers me about this: the fine print states that the airline may remove passengers not conforming to the dress code "at any point." In midair, for example?!

    Otherwise, it's their airline, I figure they have the right to set and enforce any dress code they feel is appropriate. And my wife and I have the right not to fly that airline. Even steven.
  2. 16 Aug '17 18:19
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-40862235

    One thing bothers me about this: the fine print states that the airline may remove passengers not conforming to the dress code "at any point." In midair, for example?!

    Otherwise, it's their airline, I figure they have the right to set and enforce any dress code they feel is appropriate. And my wife and I have the right not to fly that airline. Even steven.
    I would agree that mid flight removal for not conforming to the dress code is excessive.
  3. 16 Aug '17 22:30
    Originally posted by @quackquack
    I would agree that mid flight removal for not conforming to the dress code is excessive.
    I always wear a parachute.
  4. Subscriber vandervelde
    medieval punk rocker
    17 Aug '17 13:34 / 1 edit
    I have flown to Greece (Zakynthos) and Milan in sandals.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/db/bb/b2/dbbbb2c488b83363e227ccc64cb3fa5c--men-sandals-leather-sandals.jpg

    Greek trip was for summer holiday, in bermuda shorts and T-shirt (Greece), and it was charter flight, and Milan trip (regular Al Italia line) was in September, but the weather was nice.

    Now I think they could drag me out of planes, throw my luggage in my face and tell me: we don't carry Gipsy beggars!
  5. 17 Aug '17 15:36
    Originally posted by @js357
    I always wear a parachute.
    It would be ironic if wearing a parachute violates the dress code.
  6. 18 Aug '17 15:17
    Originally posted by @quackquack
    It would be ironic if wearing a parachute violates the dress code.
    Especially if your name is D. B. Cooper.
  7. 18 Aug '17 15:56
    Originally posted by @quackquack
    It would be ironic if wearing a parachute violates the dress code.
    Problem was, that is all he was wearing.

    Eeeeeeks!