1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 18:58
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It just shows your blatant hypocrisy; you're willing to believe anything (or perhaps say anything) that supports your extreme political ideology. If that means accepting a KGB official's words at face value even though there are good reasons to doubt it, you're fine with it.

If that means ignoring the mountain of evidence that the Russians worked to help elect Trump, you're fine with that.
    Why would the KGB want to lie about that?

What would be the motive?
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 18:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    It's all part of the vast right winged conspiracy Hillary talked about.

I guess it beats Pizzagate.
    Oh, and by the way Whodey: This has little to do with having a "D" or "R" after one's name. If Hillary Clinton had won despite refusing to release her tax returns, and she had business dealings with Russia, the fair and balanced folks at Fox news would be going into major eruptions right now.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 19:00
    Originally posted by mchill
    Oh, and by the way Whodey: This has little to do with having a "D" or "R" after one's name. If Hillary Clinton had won despite refusing to release her tax returns, and she had business dealings with Russia, the fair and balanced folks at Fox news would be going into major eruptions right now.
    The powers that be are trying their best to tear the country apart, and doing a fine job at it I might add.

Anyone have a tally on the recount? 😛
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 19:02
    Why would the KGB want to lie about that?

What would be the motive?
    Are you vouching for the integrity and honesty of the KGB?

I can think of any number of reasons why the KGB might exaggerate the political opposition to Reagan's policies in the US and propose measures to influence Western opinion. Saying such ideas came from a US Senator might well give such proposals additional credibility.
  5. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 19:063 edits

I can think of any number of reasons why the KGB might exaggerate the political opposition to Reagan's policies in the US and propose measures to influence Western opinion. Saying such ideas came from a US Senator might well give such proposals additional credibility.

no1marauder -You may be wasting your time trying to show Whodey the many flaws in his argument. The mind of Whodey marches to a "different" drummer.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 19:06

So you are willing to believe that this was a lie because nothing the KGB ever said was true?
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 19:11
    So you are willing to believe that this was a lie because nothing the KGB ever said was true?
    That's not what I said.

Did you bother to read the link KN provided?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 19:16
    That's not what I said.

Did you bother to read the link KN provided?
    There is no proof as to the truth of the matter. It all depends on what you want to believe, much like watching the nightly news say Hillary is up 20 points on Trump.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 20:49
    There is no proof as to the truth of the matter. It all depends on what you want to believe, much like watching the nightly news say Hillary is up 20 points on Trump.
    "Proof" in the sense of 100% certainty, no. But there is evidence and that evidence strongly supports the theory that the memo contains false information or perhaps wishful thinking.

The final polls were actually pretty accurate on the national level.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree