1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 14:021 edit
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/ready-austrian-politician-prosecuted-for-inciting-hatred-online-agrees-to-therapy-in-attempt-to-avoid-criminal-conviction

So this Austrian politician says something that was not PC and considered hate speech. I believe he called an advertisement of two gay men holding a baby as "garbage" and referred to the darker skinned man using the "N" word. But according to the article, there is an alternative to jail for such outbursts. Apparently you can take classes to avoid jail.

Are indoctrination schools better?
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 17:10
    "indoctrination schools"? They're sending him to church?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 17:191 edit
    @vivify said
    "indoctrination schools"? They're sending him to church?
    Well it beats the hell out of me.

Let's just say they are sending him someplace to try and stop him from saying any more "bad" things.

The funny part is, he apparently said this while drinking. I would then think they would try to curb the drinking, which loosened his tongue.

But that is anti-alcohol. We can't have that, now can we. That would be bigoted.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 17:251 edit
    Alcohol can be a truth serum. It's likely that this guy's hateful words came from his character rather than a momentary lapse in judgement
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 17:271 edit
    @vivify said
    Alcohol can be a truth serum. It's likely that this guy's hateful words came from his character rather than a momentary lapse in judgement
    But the PC police are not after people telling us what they think is the truth.

No, they wish only for us to reiterate what they tell us the truth really is.

Therefore, anytime alcohol is involved, this becomes a problem
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 17:38
    @whodey
    The picture he commented on seems to be two gay guys with a child and besides racial bias he is showing sexual bias against gays as well.

But Austria is well known as a racially biased country so what else is new?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 19:03
    @sonhouse said
    @whodey
    The picture he commented on seems to be two gay guys with a child and besides racial bias he is showing sexual bias against gays as well.

But Austria is well known as a racially biased country so what else is new?
    If so, should he be jailed for it?
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 19:23
    @whodey said
    But the PC police are not after people telling us what they think is the truth.

No, they wish only for us to reiterate what they tell us the truth really is.

Therefore, anytime alcohol is involved, this becomes a problem
    Do you include being required to attend traffic school in lieu of a hefty fine for a driving violation, as an unacceptable instance of “people telling us what they think is the truth”?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 22:06
    @whodey said
    Well it beats the hell out of me.
    About time too 😛
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 22:12
    @js357 said
    Do you include being required to attend traffic school in lieu of a hefty fine for a driving violation, as an unacceptable instance of “people telling us what they think is the truth”?
    To operate a motor vehicle it is reasonable to ensure that they will not kill someone with it.

Are you really comparing this to freedom of speech?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree