1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    02 Sep '18 14:162 edits
    I'm self employed, it took a lot of hard work getting my business off the ground. Along the way I discovered a little secret that America's corporate culture just doesn't get, and that is I get more work done and am more productive throughout the year if I take 3 weeks off. I'm aware that not all employees have that option, but of the ones that do, only about half take full advantage of it. America's "churn em and burn em" philosophy is usually self defeating, since it leads to more employee turnover, and the decreased overall productivity that goes with it, since companies have to constantly train new employees. Now I'm fully aware the Fortune 500 isn't going to listen to me, but this book Dying for a Paycheck" by Jeffrey Pheffer gives some very good reasons to take full advantage of your leave time, and some tips to allow you to have more of it.

https://www.amazon.com/Dying-Paycheck-Management-Employee-Performance/dp/0062800922

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree